SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-05-2003, 01:53 PM
Sage User

Conflict resolution, hibernation

New user of Sage. Forgive me if these are stupid questions, but my forum search didn't turn up answers.

I scheduled both CSI and ER as Favorites. Now I get incessant notices that I have a scheduling conflict. ER starts at 9:59, CSI is officially over at 10:00. Sage wants to record one or the other. I tried to enter a Custom 'negative one minute' in the 'Modify Stop Time' of CSI, not possible. Same with ER- no way to tell it to ignore the first minute and start recording. If I leave this unresolved, will I lose recording of one or the other show? Will Sage resolve it and record both? How will it be resolved? If it will resolve it by starting ER as soon as CSI is over, fine. I'm cool with that. How, then, do I tell it to SHUT UP?

Do I understand correctly that Sage CANNOT wake the computer from hibernation to do recordings? Guess I'm spoiled by the HiPix scheduler, but this seems quite a limitation. Is it scheduled to be addressed in Version 2? Thanks.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:05 PM

Sage was design to record almost 24x7 with Intelligent Recording so Standby or Hybernation are not supported. I have not heard anything about it being supported in 2.0 either.

I don't think there is a way to get Sage to adjust the end recording time using negative numbers. How come ER starts a little early? Is that the start time from SageGuide or did you adjust that to start one minute early?

EDIT: Just checked my guide too and it is 9:59. That sucks. I never noticed cause I have two tuners.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:10 PM

Woah, just tried this and it worked for a MANUAL recording. Still not great but might get you through for a bit.

In SageGuide set CSI as a Manual Recording. In SageGuide select adjust end time from the options menu. Use your left or right keys to adjust.

Narflex, If manual recordings can do this can we get Favorites fixed to allow for negative adjustments?
Old 11-05-2003, 02:17 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the workaround, but I strongly agree that the program should allow this! If not, at least allow for a few more conflict resolution options, eg 'End CSI recording early and start ER on time' or 'Record all of CSI and start ER immediately after'. Having to schedule CSI manually every week sucks, and defeats the purpose of Sage!
Old 11-05-2003, 02:19 PM
Sage User

"Intelligent" recording is fine for those who want the option, but I want what I want recorded, and would rather my computer be hibernating when not recording. Sorry to hear the developers feel differently.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:21 PM

I think enough people are asking for Standby or Hybernation that it may come sometime. I would like it too cause even with IR on I have periods of hours where nothing is going on. I find I use IR more for movies more than shows.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

power management is available now via an app that jman wrote. I use it and it works great.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:31 PM
Sage

Negative favorites padding will be allowed in 2.0.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:47 PM
Sage User

Thanks, Narflex. In the meantime, how does Sage deal with the unresolved conflict? Do I lose the last show, both, or neither? If possible, I'd like to avoid manual scheduling / fiddling for the 6 months until 2.0.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:06 PM
Sage

Unresolved conflicts are relegated to the AI engine to figure it out. It will more than likely end up recording both of them and give the overlapping minute to the one it thinks you like more....although the schedule probably won't reflect this.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:01 PM
Sage User

Excellent- it doesn't really matter which it gives the minute to. I'll simply leave it unresolved. I don't suppose there's any way to get Sage to shut up about the conflict?
Old 11-12-2003, 07:44 PM
Sage

If you select an 'ALWAYS' choice, it won't ask that question again.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:43 PM
Sage User

Yeah, but none of the 'ALWAYS' choices are the one I want- finish recording one, then pick up the other already in progress.

BTW, I left the conflict unresolved last week, and Sage did precisely that. Maybe you could provide a choice like "I don't know and I'm never going to know so stop asking"....