SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
See the end of the first post.

- Andy
I tried that yesterday too and replaced the DShowPlayer.dll. SageTV did not even start up. It hang at the splash screen and did not do anything anymore. After changing back to the original DShowPlayer.dll it was fine again.

Thomas
Old 11-16-2006, 01:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
See the end of the first post.

- Andy
Doh!, thanks Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_Wischgol
replcaed the DShowPlayer.dll SageTV did not even start up.
Doh!, Doh! and I should read the rest of the thread before responding.

Last edited by Humanzee; 11-16-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:41 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I replaced the .dll and Sage launches just fine. But I still do not get any DVD audio.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Keep your logs & send them in, I suppose... for me, the DLL works fine & I get sound when playing a DVD-ROM or a DVD on my hard drive.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Keep your logs & send them in, I suppose... for me, the DLL works fine & I get sound when playing a DVD-ROM or a DVD on my hard drive.

- Andy
Well.....of course it works great for you! It's like taking the car to the mechanic......
Old 11-17-2006, 04:48 AM
Sage User

Anyone else having problems with scheduling favourites and setting recordings to watched status?

There's something very wrong with my system and V6. I've tried both installing V6 over my existing V5 and fresh V6 installing. Symptons are the same:
- Sage does not schedule or acknowledge my favourites (new or old) at all
- if I watch recording, it does not set show as watched or f I stop watching, Sage does not remember the place where I was
- if I try to set shows as Watched or Don't like, it does not let me to do that. However, if the show was recorded earlier than Nov 9th, both checkboxes
work fine.

Strange. Why Nov 9th, I installed V6 no earlier than Nov 12th... And my V5 system works fine without any problems.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Which XMLTV importer are you using? If it is the one by StephaneM, then there were problems with using V6 with an older version of this importer... It is supposed to have been fixed with the latest importer version. (the problem was that shows imported into V6 were not recognised as TV shows, which meant that they were not considered for favorites)
Old 11-17-2006, 05:47 AM
Sage User

Yes, it is the very same importer I'm using.

Thanks for the tip, I'll get the latest version and give it a try!
Old 11-17-2006, 06:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had the same problem with not being allowed to set shows to "watched". I do not know about the November 9th issue but a simple reboot somehow fixed it.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Sage User

Confirmed - problem solved. The new version of XMLTV importer fixed all problems. Now Sage schedules favourites again and I can mark shows "Watched".

Thanks again, you saved my day!

Regards,
Atte
Old 11-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've had a problem since I started using the betas. My client has crashed (just disappeared, no longer running) 3 times, and the server 1 time (same thing, just goes away while running). I've looked at the logs to see if there's something I should be sending in to diagnose the issue, but the logs appear to be timestamped at the time Sage is started, and don't contain any entries later than that. Is there something I should be looking for to diagnose this issue? It's very rare, and appears to happen randomly (no particular event associated with it). We'll just be watching TV and then, boom, we're at the desktop.

I haven't installed the latest beta (6.0.14) because I saw some folks were having problems with DVD playback. Reading the release notes, I didn't see anything that appeared to address crashes like mine, though.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevpriest
I've had a problem since I started using the betas. My client has crashed (just disappeared, no longer running) 3 times...

...It's very rare, and appears to happen randomly (no particular event associated with it). We'll just be watching TV and then, boom, we're at the desktop...
This has happened to me also a few times. It also happened a few times with V5. I never figured anything out and it's rare enough that I haven't pursued it.

Scott
Old 11-17-2006, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

The freezing slideshow screensaver issue seems to be fixed. I have not had a single freeze with this beta. I did set have to manually set that magic ui/ property for each MVP and client.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a list of known bugs?

Specifically, there is one bug in the Linux version where the imported videos show up as bitrate:0kbps and length:0sec, so the ff/rev do not work. Sage has said that this was logged as a bug, but I am trying to figure out if I should just wait for the fix to be in 6.0 or abandon the Linux server idea for now and revisit it when the next version of Sage ramps up.

Suggestions?
Old 11-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChePazzo
Is there a list of known bugs?

Specifically, there is one bug in the Linux version where the imported videos show up as bitrate:0kbps and length:0sec, so the ff/rev do not work. Sage has said that this was logged as a bug, but I am trying to figure out if I should just wait for the fix to be in 6.0 or abandon the Linux server idea for now and revisit it when the next version of Sage ramps up.

Suggestions?
That's ones fixed for the next build.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am a finance/math geek by trade. Not an IT/networking expert. I know more than the average bear, but I am by no means an expert on networking issues. So, can you help here?

I just moved from the 6.12 beta to the 6.14 beta and now none of my MVPs can connect to the Sage server. I have

1) Simply installed the update over the existing version
2) Completely uninstalled Sage, deleted the directories, performed a fresh reinstall and copied my wiz.bin and wiz.bak files back in.
3) Unregistered my clients, deleted all client files, and reregistered my client licenses.
4) Tried every possible combination of
- a) turning the firewall off
- b) rebooting the PC
- c) doing hard reboots of the MVPs
- d) doing hard reboots of my router (netgear wgt624 v2)
- e) changing ethernet ports on the router

I got the Sage app to load once only to hang on the green screen ... and then I couldn't get it to repeat the hang. It went back to being unable to find the server.

I am officially at a loss as to what more I can try aside from going back to an older version (or maybe even a fresh install of Windows), but since this all started with my upgrade to 6.14 ... my suspicion lies there.

If you have any tips (I have never had to create a debug log before - I would need help with that if needed) I would be very appreicative!

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2006, 04:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi malbec

put this property in you sage.properties

debug_logging=TRUE

Sage will then log to a file in the sage directory called sagetv_0.txt

I think logging is on by default so check if you have that file already and then post it here. (you have to post the file after you have tried to connect one of your mvp's)

Also just to be 100% sure check your network. I had the same problem and it turned out that my wife accidentally had moved out a plug in the switch

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980

Last edited by rtengvad; 11-18-2006 at 04:21 AM.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:23 AM
Sage Fanatic

I know some people have said that their MVP beeps with 6.14 are less often and quieter but mine are absolutely just as often and just as loud as they have been since I moved from v5 to v6. Mine didn't exist at all with v5.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks rtengvad!

Additional update...

For kicks (knew it couldn't hurt) upgraded to Java 1.5_09 - no effect.

I am guessing this is it?

Sat 11/18 8:01:58.310 Error w/SageTV client connection:java.net.SocketException: socket closed
Sat 11/18 8:01:58.312 MiniError-2:java.net.SocketException: socket closed
Sat 11/18 8:01:58.313 MiniError-3:java.net.SocketException: socket closed
Sat 11/18 8:01:58.316 Cleaning up PM
Sat 11/18 8:01:58.317 MiniUI ServerSocket died from:java.net.SocketException: socket closed
Sat 11/18 8:01:58.318 MiniError-1:java.net.SocketException: socket closed
Sat 11/18 8:01:58.320 Killed Carny.
Sat 11/18 8:01:58.323 Killed Scheduler.
Sat 11/18 8:01:58.324 Error calling finishWatch from VF goodbye:java.lang.NullPointerException
Sat 11/18 8:01:58.325 Ministry is shutting down....destroying the converts in progress
Sat 11/18 8:01:58.326 Killed Seeker.
Sat 11/18 8:01:58.327 Killed EPG.
Sat 11/18 8:01:58.330 teardownGraph0 called for device='Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture'

The entire log is attached. Anybody have any "ah-ha" moments from this?
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (25.4 KB, 176 views)
Old 11-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
Its been working fine for me but I have noticed one thing that has occured in .14, it seems to run out of buffer for video quickly. It happens with the placeshifter over the network or on the server. The results will be that it seems like the video is out of sync with the audio, or the video will drop frames. If you rewind the video a few seconds back its fine.