SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-02-2006, 04:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to neilbradley
DVDs on Hard Disk

I have a SageTV server with 6 terabytes of storage, three remote clients (all licensed) and currently a bit over 450 movies. Each movie is contained within the subdirectory named for the movie (e.g. "Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back"). I have pulled the discs off and placed all files in the movie's subdirectory (not under VIDEO_TS).

When I set the media center's import directory to point to the base of the DVD subdirectories, it will show up as a whole bunch of individual files, and not as individual DVDs.

I have taken the movie's name and put all files under VIDEO_TS (e.g. "Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back/VIDEO_TS", and it makes no difference.

However, if I point PowerDVD to the subdirectories, PowerDVD treats them just as any other DVD.

Am I expecting that SageTV will just pick up and treat it as a DVD? Currently it's not doing that. I've read the manual and it indicates that all I need to do is point the import directory at the base of the DVD subdirectories (and provided each has a VIDEO_TS subdirectory) and it'll do the rest, but instead I get the option of playing back, end to end, each individual VOB file on the DVD.

Any idea how to fix this? I'm running SageTV 6.0.11.1. Thanks!
Old 11-02-2006, 05:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Try to hit "refresh imported media" alt. also restart Sage. Sage can be a bit slow to find out if you have changed something. Then they should come up in imported videos under DVD's. But you have to have al the original files from the disc placed in the structure described in the manual.

I assume you have specified the folder, where you have "Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back" as a sub folder, as the import directory.

It should work

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980

Last edited by rtengvad; 11-02-2006 at 05:14 AM.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:38 AM
SageTVaholic

You also need to have an AUDIO_TS directory, even if it is empty.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'd be curious to hear if the AUDIO_TS worked. I have ripped DVDs to my system and left the structure intact:

/videos/DVDs/The Empire Strikes Back

and Sage correctly identifies 'The Empire Strikes Back' as a DVD folder just like PowerDVD would.

I can even watch on my MVP with full menus. Very, very cool.

However, I have only tried with direct rips or authored home vids to a DVD folder, so I have always had the AUDIO_TS folder (empty).
Old 11-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

i don't have any audio_ts folders in my structure only video_ts and it's never been a problem.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Strange, I never can get it to work without an AUDIO_TS folder. Curiouser and curiouser ....

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Sage

AUDIO_TS folders should have no impact whatsoever. SageTV doesn't look at them at all currently.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks much, everyone. It appears creating a VIDEO_TS subdirectory is what did it for me (no AUDIO_TS folder). Bummer... now I've got to migrate all 445 DVDs to that structure again. Grr....
Old 11-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Sage Expert

If you have a little bit of a programming background, you can probably write a vbscript to move everything for you.

Id snoop around there: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr...nda/files.mspx

Of course, im assuming your not on linux.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Or some tricky command lineing. Something like:
Code:
for /f "delims=" %i in ('dir /b') do mkdir "%i\VIDEO_TS"
for /f %i in ('dir /b') do move "%i\*.*" "%i\VIDEO_TS\"
As always, use at your own risk, I haven't tried it myself. Might want to try it with an 'echo' after the DO to see what commands it's going to try.

You'd run those from a command line, from the directory containing your DVD folders.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

I do have a programming background (embedded systems!). It has been a while since I've done heavy batch file programming but I'll try it out. Thank you! I guess I'd be no worse off if things just get put in the wrong place.... Thanks!