SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Sage

Smile SageTV V6.0.13 Beta is Now Available

Howdy again, here's the latest beta we've got ready for you.

Information on the first beta for V6 is available here: http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20298

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO READ THE POST ABOUT THE FIRST V6 BETA IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY

All bug reports should be submitted to http://sagetv.com/bugs.html

Downloads:

SageTV
http://download.sage.tv/SageTV_V6_0_13Setup.exe

SageTVClient
http://download.sage.tv./SageTVClient_V6_0_13Setup.exe

SageTVPlaceshifter
http://download.sage.tv/SageTVPlaces..._0_13Setup.exe

And here's the release notes:

SageTV V6.0.13 Release Notes 10/28/2006

Core Updates
1. Fixed bug in JCIFS where it says authentication failed when listing the servers in a workgroup
2. Fixed bug related to parsing uncompressed AVIs
3. Add resampling for 5.1 audio when transcoding
4. Update for latest x264 version 54
5. Fixed bug where FLAC files were sometimes recognized as MPEG2-PS files and therefore parsing failed.
6. Fixed bug writing AC3 headers to an AVI file
7. Added Finland DVB-T frequency assigment
8. Added a missing Cable frequency for Finland
9. First set of updates for image loading performance enhancements through delayed image loading (this only includes thumbnails, not album art yet)
10. Fixed bug where Java error popups attempted to show themselves in FSE mode
11. Fixed bug where file storage requests for transcodes didn't have their space requests cleared when the transcoding was done.
12. Updated MPEG 4 conversion options to be bitrate based instead of quality based
13. Added MPEG4 conversion options explicitly for HDTV that use higher bitrates
14. Added support for doing 2-pass encoding for MPEG4/XVID, it defaults to true and is set with the property: transcoder/enable_multipass_encoding
15. Transcoder enhancements for encoding interlaced material
16. Workaround for legacy issue where we didn't detect bitrates for MP2 or AC3 audio streams in MPEG2 files
17. Fixed bug in regex used for MAC address parsing
18. Fixed bug where seeking no longer worked in MPlayer
19. Removed usage of old file duration technique. This fixes a bug where the duration of a file isn't determined correctly when SageTV reloads after an unexpected shutdown.
20. Fixed issue where music files with only an album artist and not an artist didn't show up with an artist (not it'll use the album artist)
21. Enabled thumbnail generation for WMV9 video content (not officially supported, but it works pretty well)
22. Enabled transcoding for WMV9 video source content (not officially supported, but it works pretty well)
23. Fixed bug where the thumbnail generation thread could die and would never be restarted
24. Fixed bug where SageTV wouldn't account for start padding when getting a thumbnail from a video clip
25. Fixed bug in MetaImage where it could get a ConcurrentModificaitonException when walking the main cache
26. Fixed bug where transcoding to DVD formats always used NTSC parameters (it now will use PAL parameters if the system is configured for PAL)
27. Fixed bug where iPod conversions no longer worked
28. Added new property: ui/extra_characters_for_glyph_maps which can be set to extra characters that are needed in font maps for media extenders. i.e. if certain characters don't show up on the extender add them to this list and then they should
29. Fixed crash when loading due to null data in the DB
30. Library import scan no longer descends into hidden directories (it used to)
31. Fixed bug when playing back Google videos where it didn't close the player correctly when switching to a new file
32. Implemented new addAiringDetailedPublic call from the EPG plugin interface
33. Fixed memory leak due to caching UIManager in the expression evaluator
34. Fixed bug where metdata parsing was case sensitive for tag names
35. Fixed bug where EPG data and format messages didn't go to the right capture device if there was a network encoder also with the same name.
36. Fixes for AAC 6 channel audio output
37. Add DVB-S scanning channel
38. Various fixes for DVB-C/CAM/CI and ATSC and QAM

Windows Updates
1. Add DVD_LPCM_ADUIO support into PES parser.
2. Fixed bug where playing back a recording, that had start padding, while it was still being recorded, started playback at live instead of the beginning.

Linux Updates
1. Added property 'force_headless_mode' which allows using the Studio on Linux.

Placeshifter Updates
1. Fixed bug where we weren't sending bufsize in bit units to the transcoder for placeshifting mode (this caused the placeshifter quality to be not as good as it should be)
2. Attempts to payback a DVD through the Placeshifter now give a proper error message

Extender Updates
1. Fixed bug where there would be no audio on the MVP when transcoding a file that had a non-primary audio stream
2. Modifications to TFTP loading that *may* help issues with wireless MVPs not being able to load
3. Various fixes for issues with DVD menus
4. Optimized seeking for DVD playback on the extender
5. Major changes to playback synchronization code which should resolve video corruption and other similar issues on the MVP

Studio Updates
1. Fixed bug in Studio where searching for an empty string would take a very long time
2. Fixed bug in Studio tracing where Post Data UI didn't always mark themselves as such (they sometimes showed up as Post Component UI events)

STV Updates
1. Can not make any adjustments to recurring Timed Recordings, other than "Cancel this Recording"
2. Fixed a channel scanning issue with QAM, where the MinorChan wasn't being added to the channel number.
3. Fixed recognition of timeslot Hour limits for Favs when using 24 hour clock.
4. Fixed DVD path recognition code for combined video folder browser.
5. Browse is now the default button for the music browser's pop-up options dialog when an item is selected.
6. Conflict resolution: if only 2 favs in conflict, adjust priority directly instead of moving favs up/down in pop-up, and always show the option to ignore the conflict.
7. After Aspect Ratio Toggle command, show current setting temporarily on the OSD
8. Do not allow adjusting start & stop times for recurring Timed Recordings, and do not allow Timed Recordings to be added as Favorites.
9. Fixed Google Video acces so that it will only ask for the parental control code if parental controls are enabled and google video access is determined by parental controls.
10. Fixed combined folder views to correctly remember previous folder when returning to the browser.
11. Added multi-column display style for the the Folder, Titles, and DVDs views in the imported Video browser.
12. Added multi-column display style for the the imported Photo browser.
13. Added multi-column display style for the the Folder, Artists, Genres, and Years views in the imported Music browser.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Cool, more improvements to the transcoding feature. Looking forward to it out.

Are there plans to add IVTC so that we can get proper deinterlacing on film content?
Old 10-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

I think I found a bug or maybe it's a feature

When you import STVis it will no longer create the new xml files (SageTV-1.xml etc.)
It will also not go back to the main screen after importing the STVi.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

slideshow fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda
I bugged this and after sending a few log files I received an update that the error was found and fixed for the next release.
Has the freezing of the slideshow for a screensaver been fixed as stated in the quote?
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 10-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Has the annoying beep the MVP makes been fixed in this release?
Old 10-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Has the MVP Won't Connect when using Service mode problem been fixed?

For reference: http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=20817
Old 10-30-2006, 01:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

any secret reference to a high def extender?.... (wishful thinking!)
Old 10-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

dvb-s hardware

Very interested in dvb-s.

I know that Mark_SS has been testing with a technotrend S2 3200 pci card. I was considering getting what I believe to be the USB version - S23600.

Will that be compatible with sage?

And if buy the right CAM/CI will I be able to plug my paid for card in and watch the encrypted channels?
Old 10-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pschweig
I know that Mark_SS has been testing with a technotrend S2 3200 pci card. I was considering getting what I believe to be the USB version - S23600.
Bit suprised to see DVB-S scanning in the list for this version. Its not working for the TT that I'm testing but I guess others may be working now.

Quote:
Will that be compatible with sage?

And if buy the right CAM/CI will I be able to plug my paid for card in and watch the encrypted channels?
It has a BDA driver and uses the same API as the PCI version so yes it should work fine. Not sure where you're located so this may not be relevant but... it looks like SkyHD is now working with the TT card, T.Rex CAM and DVBViewer so with a bit more work from Qian (as if he hasn't got enough on his plate at the moment! ) to add DVB-S2 and h.264 support, UK users will be able to get HD in an HTPC PVR at last!
Old 10-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
2. Fixed a channel scanning issue with QAM, where the MinorChan wasn't being added to the channel number.
Has there been any word if they will support QAM on the fusion HDTV cards?? It looks like I'm going to have to move out to the middle of nowhere and I won't be able to get my OTA HD channels anymore! *pout*

Jim
Old 10-30-2006, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Just in time for Halloween
Old 10-30-2006, 04:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie
Has there been any word if they will support QAM on the fusion HDTV cards?? It looks like I'm going to have to move out to the middle of nowhere and I won't be able to get my OTA HD channels anymore! *pout*

Jim
My guess is you'd have to ask Dvico. As long as manufacturer's keep access to the QAM functions of their cards under lock and key 3rd party apps aren't going to be able to use them.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Sage Icon

Bug where Sage minimizes when attempting to play a Xvid/Divx encoded movie from the library with 3d/FSE enabled isn't fixed. Going to submit the log now.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
5. Fixed bug where FLAC files were sometimes recognized as MPEG2-PS files and therefore parsing failed.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !

6.0.13 was able to import my whole FLAC library (except one file, but I'm sure this will eventually get fixed too).

*Finally* I will be able to use Sage as the only solution for all my media types.

Dirk
Old 10-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just downloaded linuxbeta... it doesn't appear to be updated to 6.0.13
Old 10-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Sage Icon

The fix for the minimize problem is really not a 'fix' for me. Support has told me to enable mplayer/use_for_all_mpeg4_playback=true. Doing this of course uses mplayer for mpeg4, but the current transcoding leaves ALOT to be desired as to image quality. Basically it converts the video to mpeg2, and plays via whatever mpeg decoder you're currently using. If I use the nvidia video decoder, my playback of SD material (and xvids) looks very much sub-par. HD playback looks great, and plays perfectly (using VMR9 & FSE). If I use the Nvidia Post Processor for playback, SD material looks MUCH better, Xvid looks better but not as good as when using dshow, and HD material is pretty much unwatchable. For me, v6.0.12 was better (still had the xvid minimize problem though).

Another problem I'm seeing, using the firewire HD network encoder, I'm not able to play live recordings. Was going to watch Heroes tonight after it'd been recording about 20 minutes (so showanalyzer could work it's magic), but can't start the playback. Anybody else out there using the firewire encoder on .13 able to watch Live? I'm going to try another program after this episode is done recording (about 10 minutes), just to make sure before I bug it.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Sage Icon

Tried another show, and it played fine live. I'll try something else that's a timed recording later and see if that's why it did it.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:36 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltraud
Hi,

I think I found a bug or maybe it's a feature

When you import STVis it will no longer create the new xml files (SageTV-1.xml etc.)
It will also not go back to the main screen after importing the STVi.
I am having the same problem. Plus, when you restart sage, you lose your imports and it reloads the default stv.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulinigo
I am having the same problem. Plus, when you restart sage, you lose your imports and it reloads the default stv.
This has been discussed in another thread and said to be fixed in the next release. For now you can use studio to save the changes.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Be careful using transcoding. I converted two shows and kept the original recordings and everything seemed fine. I then deleted the originals and they were removed from the list of recorded shows leaving only the .avi files. A few minutes later I noticed each avi had double entries. I checked again a few minutes later and Sage had removed them from the recordings list and deleted the .avi files from the hard drive.

I guess that will teach me to try out beta transcoding on shows from a series that is impossible for me to record again.

I'll record some shows I don't mind losing and try it again tomorrow and file a bug report if I can reproduce it.