SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Sage Icon

Feature Request - Parental Control Show Settings

Here's a great feature.

1. I would love to be able to adjust shows in the media center (imported videos) to require the parental code.

2. I would love to flag any show in Sage recordings to require a parental code. I'm not sure how easy/hard that would be but it would be a great feature.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-26-2006, 02:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961
Here's a great feature.

1. I would love to be able to adjust shows in the media center (imported videos) to require the parental code.

2. I would love to flag any show in Sage recordings to require a parental code. I'm not sure how easy/hard that would be but it would be a great feature.

Thanks,
Mike
for 2: just edit the show info in the webserver : you can set the ratings/advisory levels to what you require.

for 1: I am intending to look into extending the edit show info for video lib files -- if it is possible
Old 10-26-2006, 06:33 AM
Sage Icon

To tag onto this feature request, it seems crazy to me that in the core product you can't specify entire channels as parentally-controlled...I guess it doesn't matter where ratings are supplied for programs, but with an XMLTV feed with no ratings it's a pain in the butt.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 10-26-2006, 08:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
To tag onto this feature request, it seems crazy to me that in the core product you can't specify entire channels as parentally-controlled...I guess it doesn't matter where ratings are supplied for programs, but with an XMLTV feed with no ratings it's a pain in the butt.
Setting ratings can be done in the EPG importer API. the problem is that the RT does not provide the information.

You may want to ask for this parental block channels feature from your importer author, or from the grabber author! (says he hoping you are not using one from me )

alternatively, if the importer supports parental ratings import, you could post-process your XMLTV file to add 18 ratings for certain channels at certain times...
Old 10-26-2006, 08:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
You may want to ask for this parental block channels feature from your importer author, or from the grabber author! (says he hoping you are not using one from me )
It's the nielm multi-lineup one. Have you heard of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
alternatively, if the importer supports parental ratings import, you could post-process your XMLTV file to add 18 ratings for certain channels at certain times...
A good idea, except that some of the channels don't even have guide data. I really just want to prevent certain members of the family tuning them at any time. I can do this with the Favourite Channel List plugin, but seems to me that core Parental Controls should allow it...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 10-26-2006, 08:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
It's the nielm multi-lineup one. Have you heard of it?
Oh. Damn.
Quote:
A good idea, except that some of the channels don't even have guide data. I really just want to prevent certain members of the family tuning them at any time.
yeah, no guide data would be a problem, as parental ratings can only be applied to shows... and the importer has not got the logic to add 'No Data' blocks: thats internal to Sage.

You would have to ask Sage directly for this feature...
Old 10-26-2006, 04:44 PM
Sage Icon

I'm a little confused because I have not set up the web server yet. I'm thinking this feature should be something that could be done with or without the webserver because I'm currently running Sage on a network but I have not tested the webserver plugin yet.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-27-2006, 06:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961
I'm a little confused because I have not set up the web server yet. I'm thinking this feature should be something that could be done with or without the webserver because I'm currently running Sage on a network but I have not tested the webserver plugin yet.
(editing recorded show information to reset parental ratings) can techincally be done outside of the webserver, but noone else has coded anything