SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > The SageTV Community
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

The SageTV Community Here's the place to discuss what's worth recording, HTPC deals at retail stores, events happening outside of your home theater, and pretty much anything else you'd like. (No For-Sale posts)

Old 10-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

What to do when cable goes out, and a show isnt repeated?!

AGH!

Heh. Many times now, our cruddy cable has gone on the blink for an entire night... and I miss a couple recordings.

This week I missed out on the two episodes of Dead Like Me on SciFi. I looked up when those two specific shows will show again, and they don't appear to be so. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Also missed out on Studio 60 this week (blastid storms).

So... what to do ? Read a book ?
Old 10-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Administrator

If you _need_ the episodes right away, some places sell the episodes online or on DVD... but that depends on how soon they are released after being aired. But, other than shows that are being ended or cancelled, they usually get repeated at some point later in the season. Make sure you have the Fav set to record reruns.

A&E is airing the last several MI-5 episodes this weekend, since I think they've decided to no longer air that series. That would be a bad time for my cable to go out!

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

If a fav is set to record first and re runs... does it record shows that you had recorded AND watched before? Cause... it recorded those shows this week, but all they were are static! heh.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
A&E is airing the last several MI-5 episodes this weekend, since I think they've decided to no longer air that series. That would be a bad time for my cable to go out!
I was wondering what was up with that. I saw 5 minutes of an episode once and though it looked interesting and set it up as a favorite. Then none aired again and I noticed all those new ones coming on Saturday. Figures though, so many shows I take interest in end up getting canned.

Quote:
If a fav is set to record first and re runs... does it record shows that you had recorded AND watched before? Cause... it recorded those shows this week, but all they were are static! heh.
No, Sage doesn't record a show again if you've set the status to watched. If you delete a show and want it to record again you need to clear the watched status first. If you remember which episodes they were you can go in and clear the watched status for them. If not you can also clear the watched status for every episode in the series.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Also 'Delete because it is the wrong recording' will tell sage to ignore any watched status for this show
Old 10-21-2006, 04:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Also 'Delete because it is the wrong recording' will tell sage to ignore any watched status for this show
I never knew that. I always wondered why it was included in the choices.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ah... so its the 'watched' status that tells it NOT to re-record another rerun of the same show. Makes sense, just didn't know if that is truly what it did

Might explain why it hasnt been recording a bunch of MythBusters reruns that I have apparently already seen!
Old 10-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Sage Icon

I buy the show on iTunes, and then use a Sage 6 client to play it in the living room - at least that's the theory.