SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Sage User

SageTvTranscoder.exe crashes

Hi,

Don't know if anyone else has encountered this but the "sagetvtranscoder.exe" keep crashing on me (I guess it's part of the shows' icon making process as I couldn't point to a specific case where it happens).

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
T.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

does it happen intermittantly or pretty quick?

-Polen
Old 10-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Sage User

well, it happens almost immediatly as I enter the videos folder...
Old 10-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

It happened to me and somone else in the early stages of the migration but I haven't seen it since. Could just be lucky now.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivilya
well, it happens almost immediatly as I enter the videos folder...
Since you can reproduce the problem, you should open a problem ticket with Sage. They will probably ask you to create a debug log of it.

-Polen
Old 10-06-2006, 07:15 AM
Sage Icon

I had this last night, I was watching a show, and when I "stopped" it, I got hit with the crash, which then minimized the Sage Client. Not sure what caused it, but the client kept on working. The show in question (and all in my library) had already had thumbnails generated.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm getting this problem constantly on both my server and my client, whenever I go to my imported videos. Hopefully it'll settle out after all the thumbnails are generated or something.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Sage Icon

It crashed about 3 times on me in last 3 weeks or so since v6 came out. One time, it caused Windows to BSOD. The other time it crashed while service mode is still running and surprisingly did not interfere with the service process. Just wait for the next beta to fix these bugs...

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Sage User

SageTVTranscoder.exe crash

Same problem on my end. Always happens when I open the Imported Videos folder. Really pretty annoying. It does not happen with the Pictures or Music.

Anyone found a fix?

JBW
Old 10-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Sage User

SageTVTranscoder.exe crashes

I just upgraded from v4.0 to v6.0.12 (even ante'd up the $30 since this has been a GREAT app since v1.something...).

I keep getting a crash message when I go into Media Center>>Imported Videos.

The "SageTVTranscoder.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." window keeps coming up.

I'm running this on a VIA M10000, with a PVR150.

Any ideas? I'd hate to think that I blew the first $30 I've thrown Sage's way in 3-4 years....
Thx-
RenHoek
Old 10-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

I reported this to Sage and sent in my log files. They followed up and let me know that the problem should be addressed in the next beta.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Sage User

OK...v6.0.13 seems to have fixed this!
I can now browse through the Imported Vids (AVIs, etc) w/o getting the SageTVTranscoder crash

Thanks, Sage-
RenHoek
Old 10-31-2006, 12:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

Just happened to me about 20 minutes ago with 6.0.13. I figure, eh, its still a beta, I'm sure somebody reported it. Then I loaded up a standard recorded program after watching imported video's for about 3 hours and it just up and quit on me entirely. Not the transcoder error though. "Sagetv has encountered an error and must close." First time sage has done that to me in years.

I just hope the next release is out before it does that when my wife is trying to watch something. She stopped asking the dreaded "why cant we just watch normal tv?" question about 6 months after we got married and I moved sage in with us. The beta software and I are staying though, so I guess we all just have to learn to get along.