SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Canada
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Canada SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from Canada - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Canada.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Starchoice E logos

I just spent most of the weekend renaming and altering all the satellite and tv logos for the English language channels on *c east. If anyone wants them, tag onto this thread and I find the right place to post them for all.

Corner Gas begins tonight...
Old 09-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Sage Icon

As a 'southern' Starchoice user, count me in

thanks
Old 09-20-2006, 10:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm on BEV, but I'm sure a lot of the logos would still apply
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 09-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Being a canuck in the great brown south (CA desert), I am interested in knowing in how you got star choice down in the states. I am on dish right now and am pretty dang disappointed with the PQ, it was a pretty big step down from cable.

My parents keep telling me about corner gas, and I have yet to see it. I hope to see the DVD set under my christmas tree :l)
Old 09-28-2006, 10:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticky
Being a canuck in the great brown south (CA desert), I am interested in knowing in how you got star choice down in the states. I am on dish right now and am pretty dang disappointed with the PQ, it was a pretty big step down from cable.

My parents keep telling me about corner gas, and I have yet to see it. I hope to see the DVD set under my christmas tree :l)
1)Bought all my hardward from kusat.com 'Tip: stay away from SC stuff on ebay, got bad ird's twice'

2) Installed dish are ird's...............took me 3-4 hours.

3) Researched and found a Grey Market SC dealer.

4) My Canadian wife is happy and is no longer as homesick as she was before
Old 10-08-2006, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Starchoice East logos up

http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/Logopacks

There are four zipped files (as they are a little large) that contain most of Starchoice East SageTV logo package, all properly named and ready to go. Just drop them in your logos folder and you will be highly impressed, especially the HD logos.

cheers
Old 10-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Sage Icon

Thank you

This is what's great about sage and htpc's...................Community Development

Last edited by Fluffdaddy; 10-24-2006 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Sage User

Thank you very much for putting those logos together. The wife was really pleased when I loaded those in.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Any logos for the new HD channels yet?

Also, is anyone having a problem getting the newer HD channels to appear in Sage? Discovery-HD, A&E-HD and the 2 new ones, Showcase-HD and NatGeo-HD don't seem to have any guide info from the normal source. meaning I can't seem to get them mapped to be able to tell if I can even see them or not.

I'm using a R5000 modded SC STB, but I don't think the problem is there.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan
Any logos for the new HD channels yet?

Also, is anyone having a problem getting the newer HD channels to appear in Sage? Discovery-HD, A&E-HD and the 2 new ones, Showcase-HD and NatGeo-HD don't seem to have any guide info from the normal source. meaning I can't seem to get them mapped to be able to tell if I can even see them or not.

I'm using a R5000 modded SC STB, but I don't think the problem is there.
That's very odd. All of the HD channels show in my guide just fine. I don't know what would prevent you from having them in the guide or having program data.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelboy
That's very odd. All of the HD channels show in my guide just fine. I don't know what would prevent you from having them in the guide or having program data.
I've been using the SC East guide selection, I even reselected it twice to make sure in the video source setup, but I still can't see the 2 new channels it lists and of course not even any guide for the newest ones added this week.

Maybe I'll try re-installing the source, remove and then add back in.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just so everyone understands, logo files are simply graphics files (.jpg, .gif, etc.) named to natch the channel number. So if your SageTV Channel Guide lists "SHOW" for Showtime, then the corresponding logo file must be named SHOW.jpg. You will likely need to stop and restart the client and the service before SageTV reflects the changes.

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
STV: SageMC
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/Logopacks

There are four zipped files (as they are a little large) that contain most of Starchoice East SageTV logo package, all properly named and ready to go. Just drop them in your logos folder and you will be highly impressed, especially the HD logos.

cheers
Can someone tell me where the www.sage-community.org website and files went to? I was trying to reference some old files, but they are obviously toast. Did all the uploads to that site find their way onto this site somwhere?