SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkohn
Didn't work unfortunately. If there's anything I can do to help debug, let me know.
Probably a better description of "didn't work" would be a start.
I assume you are still not seeing commercial markers.

1. If you haven't done it already, load the import on the base STV (SageTV3.xml with no other imports)
2. Ensure that the import is loaded. Check in Setup / Detailed Setup / Customize, there should be an Entry for Comskip playback Options.
3. Open studio (Ctrl-Shift-F12) and turn on Tools / Notify on Errors. Switch back to Sage and play show that has a comskip file. Does it popup any errors? If so, what are they? Make sure you turn off Notify on Errors before closing Studio when finished.

John

Last edited by JREkiwi; 11-16-2006 at 04:25 AM.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
Probably a better description of "didn't work" would be a start.
I assume you are still not seeing commercial markers.
Correct. In the Recordings menu all shows have the CS icon, but when playing them back the TP files have no commercial markers in the progress bar and Custom4/5 commands have no effect (not even skipping to the very begin/end of the recording).

Quote:
1. If you haven't done it already, load the import on the base STV (SageTV3.xml with no other imports)
I just installed the 6.0 beta 14, the only other STVi loaded is neilm's dynamic menu.
Quote:
2. Ensure that the import is loaded. Check in Setup / Detailed Setup / Customize, there should be an Entry for Comskip playback Options.
Yup. And I still have some Program Stream recordings from before I made the change. They have the commercial markers during playback.

Quote:
3. Open studio (Ctrl-Shift-F12) and turn on Tools / Notify on Errors. Switch back to Sage and play show that has a comskip file. Does it popup any errors? If so, what are they? Make sure you turn off Notify on Errors before closing Studio when finished.
I'll try this when I get home from work.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 11-15-2006, 07:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK Two Errors come up right on top of each other as playback is beginning:

Evaluation Error: Error in method reflection of java_lang_reflect_Array_newInstance of java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetExeption. Expression: java_lang_reflect_Array_newInstance(java_lang_reflect_Field_get(java_lang_Class_getField(java_lang_Class_forName("java.lang.Byte"), "TYPE"), null), java_io_RandomAccessFile_length(file))

Evaluation Error: Error in method reflection of new_java_lang_String of java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException. Error in method reflection of java_lang_String_replaceAll of java.lang.NullPointerException. Expression: bytes = java_lang_String_replaceAll(new_java_lang_String(bytes), "0[\r\n]", "")
Old 11-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkohn
OK Two Errors come up right on top of each other as playback is beginning
Thanks, I'll have a look

John
Old 11-15-2006, 11:46 PM
Sage Icon

jkohn, give this one a try

John

Edit: Removed attachment. See first post for latest version

Last edited by JREkiwi; 11-16-2006 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

John,

You are THE MAN.

This one worked, thanks very much.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
jkohn, give this one a try
Guess I'll start with "it didn't work for me".

My config: Win2K, SageTV v5.0.4.92, java 1.5.0_06, standard v5 STV, attached flachbar import plugins.cfg.

I installed comskip_pb_imp_eld_mod115.zip and comskip_pb_imp_eld_mod116a2.zip both, but neither seemed to even install. When I install comskip-playback-plugin-w-edl-support-ver-11.zip, it works just fine. (I get SageTV3-14.xml only for the first two, but SageTV3-15.xml for v11.)

Did not see "CS" markers, did not see comskip playback markers, or any sign that the 116a2 version installed. Tried following the Studio directions above, but not sure it even installed. Will follow any new directions you have to give.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: zip plugins.zip (769 Bytes, 223 views)
Old 11-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal
Guess I'll start with "it didn't work for me".
So, I'll just have to reply, "it can't be me, so it must be you".

My bad, didn't do the manual deletion of lines that make imports written in version 6 not work in version 5 (thanks nielm), this version should fix your problem.

John

Edit: Removed attachment. See first post for latest version

Last edited by JREkiwi; 11-17-2006 at 04:42 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Sage Icon

New version of Modded Comskip 1.1.6 (17 Nov 2006)

- Fix for not importing in Sage version 5 (Apologies and thanks ToonGal)
- Adds support for .ts files
- CS marker icons for imported videos (Sage version 6 only)
- Change alpha on commercial markers (Suggested by stanger89)

See first post for latest version

John
Old 11-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
My bad, didn't do the manual deletion of lines that make imports written in version 6 not work in version 5 (thanks nielm), this version should fix your problem.
Thanks, John! Functional now, w/ minor comments:

1) The source file is called comskip_pb_imp_eld_mod116.zip. I'm curious to know if the 'eld' part of the file name is a transposition from edl, a diff acronym, or just a misconception on my part.

2) The original comskip-playback-plugin-w-edl-support-ver-11.zip version I used had a diff color for the 'commercials' on the playback. This version has them transparent. Not sure which I like better, but in case different=bug, figured I'd mention it.

3) The toxcssm.png file was extracted w/ the .stvi file in the same directory. Doesn't seem to actually DO anything. I expected it to show the "CS" graphic where .edl files exist. The point of #1 was mentioned in case you are searching for .eld instead of .edl. Maybe it is a v5 thing. Maybe it is a bug. Or as always, maybe just another misconception on my part.

Thanks for the quick turnaround, John!
Old 11-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Sage Icon

ToonGal,

1. It's just a typo. Dyslexia rules K.O. I never noticed it.
2. I see the markers as colored on my system. I wonder if it's a problem with the alpha changes I made in 1.1.6 and Sage version 5?
3. There are less places the icons show up on version 5, but you should at least see them in SageTV Recordings and in Recording Detail.

John
Old 11-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
2. I see the markers as colored on my system. I wonder if it's a problem with the alpha changes I made in 1.1.6 and Sage version 5?
3. There are less places the icons show up on version 5, but you should at least see them in SageTV Recordings and in Recording Detail.
Hi John!

No icons anywhere, especially in Recordings/Detail (where I expected them). The 'first run' -1- icon shows up, so I know that the icons work.

I've got an idea that these two issues are related. What if it is a directory issue, or something like that? Don't know if the comskip blocks work on the .png graphic too, but if so, maybe there is some default direcotry set incorrectly?

Just a thought. Wanted you to know that it didn't really didn't work on my v5 system.

Thanks again, hun!
Old 11-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
2) The original comskip-playback-plugin-w-edl-support-ver-11.zip version I used had a diff color for the 'commercials' on the playback. This version has them transparent. Not sure which I like better, but in case different=bug, figured I'd mention it.
Are you seeing them as a darker green than the normal bar? Could you post a small screenshot?

Quote:
What if it is a directory issue, or something like that? Don't know if the comskip blocks work on the .png graphic too, but if so, maybe there is some default direcotry set incorrectly?
Are things like the 'first run' -1- icon in the same directory. The toxcssm.png should be in the same directory as the other marker icons. I'm not using any specific paths, so maybe it's a version thing. If the other marker icons are somewhere else, try copying the CS one there.

Thanks for your feedback Hopefully we can get your problems sorted out.

John
Old 11-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Are you seeing them as a darker green than the normal bar? Could you post a small screenshot?
I am seeing them as transparent. I've taken a screen shot with ironic results. On my monitor, it is transparent, but on my screen shot, it even sort of looks dark green (like it used to). The screen shot didn't get the actual TV picture either, but don't know what settings are necessary. Can do again, if you have a 'better' way than alt-prt-scrn/paste to do it.

Quote:
Are things like the 'first run' -1- icon in the same directory. The toxcssm.png should be in the same directory as the other marker icons. I'm not using any specific paths, so maybe it's a version thing. If the other marker icons are somewhere else, try copying the CS one there.
Looked at the STVs\SageTV3 directory, and toxcssm.png is in the same directory as MarkerFirstRun.png. Don't think that is it.

Here for another hour or so if you have time for another iteration of help. If not, back this evening in a few hours.

Thanks again John!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UFC.jpg (88.1 KB, 257 views)
Old 11-16-2006, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am seeing them as transparent. I've taken a screen shot with ironic results. On my monitor, it is transparent, but on my screen shot, it even sort of looks dark green (like it used to). The screen shot didn't get the actual TV picture either, but don't know what settings are necessary. Can do again, if you have a 'better' way than alt-prt-scrn/paste to do it.
Are you using Overlay or VMR9 for your Video Renderer in Detailed Setup > Video/Audio. I thought that with VMR9 you would get the video and overlay you would not. But my memory could be faulty. You might try changing that anyway and see if you get the dark green you are expecting for the comercials.

BobP.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
New version of Modded Comskip 1.1.6 (17 Nov 2006)
John
Sound does not unmute when I hit play after rewinding or fast-forwarding. I have to manually unmute.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 11-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770
Sound does not unmute when I hit play after rewinding or fast-forwarding. I have to manually unmute.
I didn't even know sound got muted. I'll see what I can find.

John
Old 11-17-2006, 04:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
1) The source file is called comskip_pb_imp_eld_mod116.zip. I'm curious to know if the 'eld' part of the file name is a transposition from edl, a diff acronym, or just a misconception on my part.

3) The toxcssm.png file was extracted w/ the .stvi file in the same directory. Doesn't seem to actually DO anything. I expected it to show the "CS" graphic where .edl files exist.
Hi ToonGal, well this has opened a nice can of worms. As it turns out the version 5 STV I was testing on was from 5.0.2 I've now fixed it so that it should work on 5.0.4.

1. I've corrected the name, so you'll need to change your plugins.cfg

2. I've also made a few changes to the marker bars, if you can check them out and see if these are any better. I've also included comskip_pb_imp_edl_mod_solid.stvi which has the marker bars the same as the original comskip edl 1.1

3. Hopefully, now that I've fixed the import for 5.0.4 you should now have marker icons. If it still doesn't work, would you mind post your STV for me to have a look at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770
davidk21770, the import doesn't do anything with muting. All it does is either seek, or pause, seek, wait, then play.

I can't see what could be causing your problem. Can you give a bit more detail? What sort of files? How often? Is it reproducible? What version of Sage? What decoder?

John

Edit: Removed import. See first post for latest version download

Last edited by JREkiwi; 11-17-2006 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
2. I've also made a few changes to the marker bars, if you can check them out and see if these are any better. I've also included comskip_pb_imp_edl_mod_solid.stvi which has the marker bars the same as the original comskip edl 1.1
All hail JREkiwi!

The 'solid' version has the solid green markers. The other version is still transparent. (Is that the intent / functionality that shows on v6?) The ToxMox CS tags are now present in the display. In short, life is good.

Spent a few hours last night switching from Overlay to VMR, various combinations of importing, etc. Glad it is all now working.

Thanks again, John! I love it!
Old 11-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
davidk21770, the import doesn't do anything with muting. All it does is either seek, or pause, seek, wait, then play.

I can't see what could be causing your problem. Can you give a bit more detail? What sort of files? How often? Is it reproducible? What version of Sage? What decoder?

John
d'oh , it's not you, it's multispeed_skip_import_1_4 with Sage 6.0.14. I did too many things at once and had comskip playback on my mind (since I was using it to skip a missed commercial).

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB