SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Sage Icon

External media Players for Default stv for V4

I remember reading about External player support when the Beta3 came out, but I can't find anything to clarify it.
I am currently at 2.2.8 with Cayars 17A. (anything above 17A gives me problems with "Watch Now").
I want to install V4 this weekend but can not live without external video player support. What are my options?
V4 with Cayar's 17A?
V4 with some sort of built in External support?
I can not use SageMC...(Not that it's bad but my wife does notlike the UI and WAF needs to remain high for me to get some more goodies at Xmas).
Stay with what I have until someone ports Cayar's to V4?
Old 11-03-2005, 02:28 PM

Man, comparing SageMC to cayars or default STV and saying it "looks" worse is a real insult!

Last edited by mlbdude; 11-03-2005 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:49 PM
Sage Icon

I am definitely not trying to insult anybody. All I said was:
Quote:
Not that it's bad but my wife does not like the UI
She got used to the default, specifically the back command. I first started with Cayar's because of the external support and she didn't complain because the UI was pretty similair(after customizing it) and when I saw that SageMC had external support as well, I installed it. My wife started freaking out because she wasn't used to it. Maybe she would like it better if she actually tried it.....
but I have one of those PIG(Problem with Instant Gratification) wives...

I am sorry if it seemed like I was being critical of SageMC...
Old 11-03-2005, 02:52 PM
SageTVaholic

I think you missed the smiley. ()
Old 11-03-2005, 02:53 PM

No way man, I was just kidding. Beauty will always be in the eye of the beholder.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I think you missed the smiley.
Nope, I caught that. But I would feel bad if I did a lot of work only to have someone say it's ugly. I do not want to be known as a critic of someone's work that I know nothing about. If I was to develop my own STV (Yah Right), then I could see....

But I guess if it comes to being a "LITTLE" bit of a critic so I can get my Xmas goodies

But seriously, can somebody help me with what V4 options I have?
Old 11-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I can not use SageMC...(Not that it's bad but my wife does notlike the UI and WAF needs to remain high for me to get some more goodies at Xmas).
That must be a first! Holy smokes, Cayars and the default are just plain ugly compared to the three choices you get with SageMC16x9

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 11-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999
Cayars and the default are just plain ugly compared to the three choices you get with SageMC16x9
*NEVER* try to tell a wife or girlfriend that their opinion is wrong when it comes to technology that they might otherwise be against. For if we can win the battle in the hearts of our ladies, then the war to use Sage no matter what the format is won.

That said, my first little Studio project is to try to get Cayers external playback code ported over to the v4.0 STV. I've got it going for my MP4's already, just have to spend some time on the DVD side of things. ...and then figure out how to package it up either in an import, or somehow...

-Greg
Old 11-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Sage Icon

You Da Man Greg,

Let me know if you can get it working......
Old 11-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Sage User

Greg or any v4 gurus:

What you are working on seems to be what I'm hunting for. Like Cayars external routine, I want to execute mpg's with powerdvd 6 via V4. If the internal routine allowed the selection of the correct audio stream then I wouldn't have to call up powerdvd (all mpgs are DVD 720x480 with dolby 5.1 -without audio stream selection capability the wrong stream is sometimes selected like the directors narration stream as the default). I like the standard v4 stv except for audio stream selection of my mpg's. I am assuming that you have to use an external media player to do this unless there is an easier mechanism in v4 that can accomplish this like a secret shortcut key, etc. If it can't be accomplished within the v4 standard stv then I guess the only choice is an import. Please correct me if I'm missing something.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:51 AM
Sage Expert

@dvd_maniac, this is kind of OT but, I know you use showtime to playback nero AVC. Have you tried using the MP4 option of Halii's Matroska spltter? I haven't used it with Sage but it plays back my nero encodes on Zoomplayer (still using Meedio on most of my HTPCs). It should work with Sage. Just a possible filler till external support comes for your needs.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I remember reading about External player support when the Beta3 came out, but I can't find anything to clarify it.
I am currently at 2.2.8 with Cayars 17A. (anything above 17A gives me problems with "Watch Now").
I want to install V4 this weekend but can not live without external video player support. What are my options?
V4 with Cayar's 17A?
V4 with some sort of built in External support?
Stay with what I have until someone ports Cayar's to V4?
I'm hoping JRiver as well as TheaterTek and/or Zoomplayer plugins will appear soon. They would make nice Christmas presents for my Sage systems
Old 11-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Maniac, Silkshadow and SLeonard, et al...

I have been using Cayers17 + Zoomplayer (with Haali) for a little while now and it works great. But I have been looking to step to v4 without losing the silver GUI it introduces. When I saw that Studio was released with Sage v4, I knew the time had come!

My first Studio project was to hack up the default v.4.0.0 STV and drop in the code that drives Cayers' external playback. It really isn't anything to magical, but it works for me!

I'm creating a new thread for this, just in case I actually continue it's development.

Check it out over here...
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13842

Last edited by greggerm; 11-04-2005 at 10:32 AM.