SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Sage Icon

STV Import: A Collection of Minor Tweaks for the Default STV for SageTV 5.0/6.0

Thought I'd share these tweaks. They are all minor and don't perform any real function, but they have either added to the usability of my setup or are changes requested by others. YMMV

Installation of all the imports is a 3 step process.
Step 1. Unzip into SageTV maintaining the directories. (The df_sageutils.jar if included from the zip file needs to be in the JARS directory)
Step 2. Restart Sage if the zip file included a JAR file, so it will pick up the jar.
Step 3. Load the import

Media Format Icons. 0.2 (11 Jan 2009)
Add Marker Icons to show the file format of a recording/video. May be useful in determining if a recording has been transcoded. The icon is displayed in the same location as the Recording/Conflict marker and support SageTV themes.
For SageTV 6.4 and higher only

Control Options Icon Panel. 1.1 (2 Jan 2009)
Optionally display the Icon Panel on the left side of the Recordings panel etc. Can be controlled in each panel's options menu.

Non Wrapping Guide. 1.0 (1 Jan 2009)
Change the Program Guide to be non-wrapping. Program Guide will stop when it reaches the first/last channel in the list rather than wrapping to the end/beginning

Add Keyword Favorite. 1.0 (12 Aug 2008)
Create keyword favorites like normal favorites from the Program Guide

Upcoming Movies. 1.5 (22 Nov 2007)
Provides an alternate view (MLBDude) for upcoming movies. Previously available in Cayars STV. If you are using Nielm's wonderful dynamic menus you will need to add the internal screen "Upcoming Movies Shortcut", if not using dynamic menus it will appear in Schedule Recordings. Works on Sage version 5 and 6.

Browser Filename Tweak. 1.0 (18 May 2008)
- Removes filename extensions in the Imported Videos and Photos Browser views
- For Sage version 6.

Online Video Tweak. 1.0 (18 May 2008)
- Changes the Online video view to have the Icon centered above the Text (like all the other Icon Views) instead of Icon on the left and Text on the Right.
- For Sage version 6.

Close Media File. 1.6 (4 July 2008) Close media file at the end of playback. Means you don't end up back at the end of your media file if you use back. Also assists in reseting Flacbar's Videolib Times correctly, although Opus4 says not closing the media files is intentional. The Sage version 6 default STV still does not close media files at the end of playback. Although the version 6 STV now includes remembering playback position of imported media (no need for flachbar videolibtimes now), because the media file doesn't get closed at the end of playback, whenever you go back into a file you are nicely placed at the end of the file. Works on Sage version 5 and 6.

Full and Variable Width Controls. 1.5 (9 November 2007) Previously there were two versions, now both combined. I was reading in the recreating Cayars STV thread, that people wanted full width controls for the Media Player.
- Allows Full, Standard, or any % of screen width.
- Works on Sage version 5 and 6.

Videolib Times Options. 1.1 (19 Nov 2006) I hate having to change properties files, so created a customize panel for setting up Flacbar's Videolib Times. Only needed on Sage version 5.

Old 2 Pane Recordings 1.1 (23 Oct 2006)
- Old style mlbdude 2 pane recordings with old sorting methods.

V5 Imported Videos. 1.2 (12 Aug 2007)
- Switch between the old version 5 Imported Videos view and the new V6 browser.
- Can be switched in Setup/Detailed Setup/Customize. If you are using Nielm's wonderful dynamic menus you will need to add the internal screen "Imported Videos - Shortcut".
- Only for Sage version 6.0 and 6.1

Add Airings to Basic. 1.3 (12 Aug 2007)
- Adds future and past airings to the Basic Options panel for Recordings.
- Can be turned on/off in Setup/Customize.

Customize Search. 1.2 (26 Apr 2007)
- Customize the fields that the Imported Video Search will search in (default is Title and Episode)
- Select Search Results Sort method (Name/Date, Ascending/Descending)
- Can be configured in Setup/Customize.
- Only for Sage version 6.0 and 6.1. Sage version 6.2 has all this and more built in

RW .my Files moved to it's own thread.

Comskip Playback moved to it's own thread.

Most have Setup/Customize panels to tweak settings.

As with everything, no guarantees given, but I haven't noticed anything odd on my system.

Thanks to all those, whose code I've stolen. Special thanks to Flacbar, who created the fantasic import library that all these imports use and the importer that makes adding multiple imports so easy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Videolib_Times_Options_11.zip (18.2 KB, 1243 views)
File Type: zip Customize_Search_12.zip (18.3 KB, 1110 views)
File Type: zip Variable_Width_Controls_15.zip (18.9 KB, 1152 views)
File Type: zip Upcoming_Movies_15.zip (19.7 KB, 1094 views)
File Type: zip Close_Media_File_16.zip (18.5 KB, 931 views)

Last edited by JREkiwi; 01-10-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:29 AM
Sage Icon

More imports
Attached Files
File Type: zip Old_2_Pane_Recordings.zip (21.6 KB, 956 views)
File Type: zip Add_Airings_to_Basic_13.zip (18.1 KB, 1080 views)
File Type: zip V5_Imported_Videos_12.zip (17.6 KB, 1116 views)
File Type: zip Browser_FileName_Tweak_10.zip (17.4 KB, 699 views)

Last edited by JREkiwi; 07-24-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:00 AM
Sage Icon

Edit: More attachments
Attached Files
File Type: zip Online_Video_Tweak_10.zip (17.1 KB, 660 views)
File Type: zip Add_Keyword_Favorite_10.zip (1.7 KB, 691 views)
File Type: zip Non_Wrapping_Guide.zip (899 Bytes, 625 views)
File Type: zip Control_Options_Icon_Column_11.zip (7.3 KB, 586 views)
File Type: zip Media_Format_Icons_02.zip (117.7 KB, 855 views)

Last edited by JREkiwi; 01-10-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:30 AM
Sage Icon

Via this thread found that some of the modified stvi's wouldn't work in version 5. (Edit: all imports fixed to work on versions listed) Sorted the downloads into a kind of order, just in case anyone is using them.

New V5 Imported Videos that supports Nielms dynamic menus

Last edited by JREkiwi; 10-27-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Sage Icon

Added new version of Full Width controls for Sage Version 6
Old 10-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks! JREkiwi ...

I really appreciate the "Upcoming Movies" import from MLBDude ...

One other import I have really been missing since the old Sage 2.x days was originally part of MLBDude2 v.1.8.7 STV ...

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=5755

They didn't have imports back then. Anyway, what he had was a 2-Pane Recordings screen similar to what can is in Sage today, however what I "really" like about it was that the left pane (category) was sorted based upon the "newest" recording in the right pane, so as new shows recorded that category moved to top. The next category down was based upon the next newest show in it, and so on.

With the 2-Pane Recordings I currently have, the left pane is grouped by "category" but always in alphabetical order so you have to scroll down and search each category to find what was recently recorded. You can sort the right pane "shows" by newest, but not the category.

I asked about it here long ago …

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...18&postcount=1

… but, it takes more Studio knowledge than I have.

It would be really awesome if you could pull that off ...

Thanks, T.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Sage Icon

mightyt,

There certainly has been plenty of discussion about the merits of the old view. I've had a quick look at it, and even tried a quick import but couldn't get it to sort the way that you want it. I would need to spend more time on it and might look at it as an excercise in the future.

John
Old 10-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm trying to figure out the V5 Imported Videos STVi. I copied the STVi & the JARs to the appropriate folders, ran the import, but nothing shows up in my Setup /Detailed Setup / Customize. Is there supposed to be a new option? Have I missed a step? I'm using the default STV. Are Nielm's menus required?

Thanks,

KevPriest
Old 10-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Sage Icon

KevPriest,

No requirement for Neilm's dynamic menus. If it has imported correctly you should have a Customize item for Imported Video Style and it should work from the standard Imported Videos button in the Media Center menu. See attached jpg. All the import does is tweak an existing widget. You are trying this on a version 6 STV?

John

Edited: Well you got me second guessing myself. So I went back and tested all the imports. I've attached a Default Version 6 STV with just my mods imported if you'd like a look.

Edited: change modded version 6 stv to include latest versions of imports (26 Oct 2006)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg customize.jpg (31.7 KB, 757 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV3-mod.zip (503.8 KB, 568 views)

Last edited by JREkiwi; 10-25-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
mightyt,

There certainly has been plenty of discussion about the merits of the old view. I've had a quick look at it, and even tried a quick import but couldn't get it to sort the way that you want it. I would need to spend more time on it and might look at it as an excercise in the future.

John
Thanks John ... I guess it's a secret only MLBdude can reveal

Actually yes, I know nothing compared to you, but did fool with it by trying to pull it in with Studio from my old 2.x Sage when I had it installed in a different folder than Sage 4. Got it in, but much of it was missing. Seemed beyond my abilities. So, I have been begging whenever I see someone else that has the skill and interest ...

If you ever take the challenge and beat it that sure would be great ...

Thanks for trying though ... T.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
One other import I have really been missing since the old Sage 2.x days was originally part of MLBDude2 v.1.8.7 STV ...

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=5755

They didn't have imports back then. Anyway, what he had was a 2-Pane Recordings screen similar to what can is in Sage today, however what I "really" like about it was that the left pane (category) was sorted based upon the "newest" recording in the right pane, so as new shows recorded that category moved to top. The next category down was based upon the next newest show in it, and so on.
Well MightyT, You asked for it, so here it is. It should work with both Sage Version 5 and 6. (I can't test with 5) If you have your SageTV Recordings Style set to mlbdude in Detailed Setup/Customize, it will replace the current Recordings view with the old mlbdude view, which sorts as you wish.

Hope it works for you

John

EDIT: Added new version that allows selection of New version or Old Version in Detailed Setup/Customize.

Edit: See first post for latest version

Last edited by JREkiwi; 11-16-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:35 AM
Sage Icon

New Addition: a modified version of Comskip Playback w/ support for EDL that works in both Version 5 and 6. Also changed it to use flachbar's import library, cause that make it much easier for me.

John

Old 10-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Sage Icon

Updated Old 2 Pane Recordings to allow selection of either New Version or Old Version of the mlbdude 2 pane recordings view.

John
Old 10-23-2006, 02:08 AM
Sage Icon

Updated a few things to support both version 5 and 6 and to give version numbers and dates to identify changes and shift descriptions to the first post.

John
Old 10-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Sage Expert

Very cool, thanks JREkiwi! Can't wait to install some of these. Now I can fully have Cayar's back! Thank you!

Last edited by silkshadow; 10-23-2006 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Sage Icon

New import Add Airings to Basic. Puts Future and Past Airings on Basic Recording Option panel.

John
Old 10-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Sage Icon

Thumbs up OUTSTANDING !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
Well MightyT, You asked for it, so here it is. It should work with both Sage Version 5 and 6. (I can't test with 5) If you have your SageTV Recordings Style set to mlbdude in Detailed Setup/Customize, it will replace the current Recordings view with the old mlbdude view, which sorts as you wish.

Hope it works for you

John

EDIT: Added new version that allows selection of New version or Old Version in Detailed Setup/Customize.
WOW!! John ... I can't believe it ... I have pleaded for this so many times over the last year and pretty much gave up. In only one week you just did it! Thanks very much. Now, I can't wait to install it.

Hmmm ... Wonder if Sage would consider adding some of your imports to the hidden extras (HINT HINT) ...

Thanks again ... T.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Sage Icon

New Controls Width import. Combines the previous Full width and Variable width imports. Allows selecting Full, Standard, or any % of screen width.

John
Old 10-28-2006, 01:09 AM
Sage Icon

New modded version of Comskip Playback w/ support for EDL version 1.1. 1.1.3 (28 Oct 2006). Added Toxmox comskip marker icons to airing. Added delete comskip files to options for airing (deletes .edl, .txt, .vPrj). Works on Sage version 5 and 6.

John

Old 10-28-2006, 02:46 AM
Sage Expert

I'm getting "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" when I click on any of the 1.1.3 versions of Comskip playback for EDL.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB