SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Sage User

Need assistance with getting USB-UIRT to work

Hi all,

Been struggling with USB-UIRT all day and have given up. Been all through the forum here and at USB-UIRT and can't seem to figure out what I'm missing.

I have a brand new USB-UIRT, USB-UIRT driver 1.4, SageTV vs 4, and a MX-500 remote.

Problem is that I can't get the remote to actually control Sage. I can enable USB-UIRT and train Sage, but I can never get to the point where Sage responds in any way to the remote (beyond training, which gives every indication that it's working properly.) I've tried stopping the Sage service and restarting to no avail.

Anybody have any idea what I'm missing or what I might try to get this going.

TIA,

Al
Old 08-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi Al,

Are you saying that you are successfully linking the IR signals to sage commands but sage will then not respond to them?

Jesse
Old 08-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Exactly how are you training SageTV, and after training a command, what result do you get in Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Show SageTV Command Linked to Infrared?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
Hi Al,

Are you saying that you are successfully linking the IR signals to sage commands but sage will then not respond to them?

Jesse
I believe I am. In Setup...Commands I've selected Remote Control Configuration: USB-UIRT receiver. I've then setup commands from my MX-500 in LinkInfrared/Keystroke to SageTV Command. If I go into Show SageTV Commands linked to Infrared/Keystroke and press a button on my remote that I know I've trained I see in yellow letters a series of 14 numbers and the word None underneath. I take this to mean that Sage is receiving my remote's commands and can only assume that the command should mean something. Not sure what None means however.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:39 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Exactly how are you training SageTV, and after training a command, what result do you get in Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Show SageTV Command Linked to Infrared?

- Andy
I'm training Sage in Detailed Setup...Commands...Link Infrared/Keystroke to SageTV Command. For each command I select it in Sage and then press the corresponding button on my remote.

When done with this I then select Setup Menu to get me back to the Main menu.

Thanks,
Old 08-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Administrator

"None" means the learning process for that IR code was not successful.

While on that screen, do you see the same sets of numbers every time you press the same button repeatedly? If not, that means the IR code set is a toggle code & you'll have to teach the smae button to SageTV twice in a row w/o pressing any other remote button in between.

While teaching a code, are you holding the remote fairly close to the USB-UIRT?

Does the on-screen dialog asking you to press a button disappear after pressing the remote button & it then lists a new set of numbers next to the command you just assigned to that button?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Sage User

Got it working. Must be I either needed to press and hold longer or perhaps a double press is needed. In looking at things now I think some of the commands were being learned but I didn't happen to test those buttons.

Thanks to you both!
Old 08-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Sage Icon

Be advised: Some remotes (or should I say codes or devices...I have an 880) can send up to 6 different ir codes depending on the speed of your press. When I had that setup, I'd train by repeatedly doing the same command at different "press speeds"...Sage will register each one and then no matter how you press, it'll work. Wierd, I know...hope I explained that clear enough.

P