SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:32 AM
Sage User

Does anyones wireless MVP work. HELLO SAGETV Staff!!

I am a bit frustrated with Sagetv.

How can they be selling a product that doesn't work out of the box.

I have yet to get my new wireless mvp to work. And support is taking on average of 3 days per responce. I waited 3 days for a tech to ask my version, I guess I now get to wait 3 more days even though I replied to him within 5 minutes of his reply.

Does Sagetv really not have phone support ?

I would love to know if we are a select few with lemon MVP's or is there truly a software problem.

FRUSTRATED
Old 06-27-2006, 09:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Heya,

Not to be a jerk or anything but standard information like version of the software(s) used including other products like Java, service pack level, what OS and model of hardware (including motherboard, network card, router and so on) are key to troubleshooting these issues. Perhaps you could post about it on the forums here and the community can help out as well. These are all things that can greatly help and shorten the turn around time to get an answer. Another possible route to take is go look at Hauppauge. After all the MVP is their product, not SageTV's. Perhaps they have some troubleshooting steps you can do right away.
I do feel your pain, you get some new hardware and for whatever reason you cant get things to work. Having to wait can drive ya up the wall

Best of luck,
RedR
Old 06-27-2006, 11:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
Please take a look at the flashing screen thread for test versions replacement for mvp.bin. If that doesn't help please give more details on your problem.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18550

_Demo_
Old 06-27-2006, 03:38 PM

Hey, not that this helps but my wireless MVP worked out of the box no problems whatsoever...