SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Sage User

Vizualisation when playing music

Is there an option or a parameter somewhere to keep the vizualization on all the time when playing music?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Sage Icon

Are you getting just a black screen sometimes, when you select vizualization?

P
Old 06-15-2006, 07:33 AM
Sage User

No, I always get the visualization screen. After about 5 seconds or so, it disappears (screen saver?).
Old 06-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Sage Icon

Same here. If I hit Select, the album info will pop up and the vizualization starts again, then disappears. I have JB's MiniGuide installed and bringing that up exhibits the same appear/disappear behavior. Prolly a bug.

P
Old 06-15-2006, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro
Same here. If I hit Select, the album info will pop up and the vizualization starts again, then disappears. I have JB's MiniGuide installed and bringing that up exhibits the same appear/disappear behavior. Prolly a bug.

P
Based on what I looked at code wise in the MiniGuide it is set to disappear just like the regular on screen info in the media player. It uses the same timeout that the OSD does in the media player so for the MiniGuide anyway it is not a bug. Have no idea about the visualization however.

BobP.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Administrator

In the default STV, the music visualization should remain visible while playing music & you are on the playback screen.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Sage User

I will submit a bug report.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
Based on what I looked at code wise in the MiniGuide it is set to disappear just like the regular on screen info in the media player. It uses the same timeout that the OSD does in the media player so for the MiniGuide anyway it is not a bug. Have no idea about the visualization however.

BobP.
Yeah, roger that...I meant Sage.

P
Old 06-16-2006, 06:52 AM
Sage User

Here is the answer I got from Sage Support. I hope they reconsider considering the popularity of the two mediums.
Francois,

The visualizations are not designed to be viewed through those two mediums. [MVP and Placeshifter]

Thanks,

George Oms
SageTV, LLC
support@sagetv.com
http://www.sagetv.com/
Old 06-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Oh -- you didn't say you were using the Placeshifter or MVP; since you posted in the SageTV forum, I thought you weren't using either of them.

The part that is disappearing after 5 seconds on those systems is the OSD with the song info & timeline, since the visualization doesn't appear at all. For now, the music playback screen just stays blank unless using SageTV or SageTVClient on a Windows PC.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Oh -- you didn't say you were using the Placeshifter or MVP; since you posted in the SageTV forum, I thought you weren't using either of them.
I'm sorry about that. I'll be more careful next time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
The part that is disappearing after 5 seconds on those systems is the OSD with the song info & timeline, since the visualization doesn't appear at all. For now, the music playback screen just stays blank unless using SageTV or SageTVClient on a Windows PC.
(Oops! I thought the visualization was the OSD.) Well, let me ask this question: Is there a way to ask for an enhancement to have the OSD show up all the time on the MVP or Placeshifter? It would be nice to walk around the house and be able to glance at the TV and see who's playing whitout having to find the remote and click a button.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois Parent
Is there a way to ask for an enhancement to have the OSD show up all the time on the MVP or Placeshifter? It would be nice to walk around the house and be able to glance at the TV and see who's playing whitout having to find the remote and click a button.
You can configure the OSD timeout in Detailed Setup -> Customize. I don't know how good it would be for the TV to leave it on all the time, though. You can still make the OSD appear/disappear via the Info command.

And, I'm not sure which one you are using, but I moved this to the Extender forum section.

- Andy