SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-01-2003, 03:45 PM
Sage User

Launch Program

I saw that version 2 was going to offer certain hooks for launching other programs. What I was wondering, does anyone know how to do that now via remote? Is there a hook I can call currently in Sage to launch a different program?

I have bought intervideos platinum windvd and found that it does audio passthroguh nicely (so Dolby Digital lights up and away you go). I have also found that the Hauppauge remote controls windvd (same company I gather?).

Note, this isn't a dig against Sage . I love the product, but I also love my digital surround sound!

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thank you

Robert
Old 10-01-2003, 05:06 PM

You should be able to use the Intervideo decoders via Sage and get DD sound.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:35 PM
Sage User

DD Sound

I have chosen those decoders. However, since Sage HAS to use a decoder (instead of signal pass through), it is not truly passing a digital surround sound signal. This is evidenced by the fact that the Tuner immediately switches from Dolby Digital to Stereo.

On the other side, WinDVD (if you look under audio options there is one that says pass through signal, or something along those lines) can pass DTS, Dolby Digital Signals. This means that their decoder doesn't touch the sound signal, it just passes the raw stream onto the Tuner and expects it to do the decoding.

Thank you!

Robert
Old 10-01-2003, 06:10 PM

Here is some help (a bit chaotic) to get you started. I used the Intervideo codecs all the time with Zoomplayer and Windows media player with DD passthrough. There is no reason it won't work with Sage. If I had my system hooked up digital I would create a step by step guide, but I won't dare try off the top of my head.

Good luck
Old 10-01-2003, 06:53 PM
Sage User

Everything is worth a try ... I will give it another shot. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2003, 08:48 PM
Sage User

Ok .. I looked into it with no luck. I thought I would post some more detailed info in case anyone had any ideas.

I am using SB Audigy Platinum

I have Fiber running from the SB to the fiber port on my Harman Kardon.

SB Audigy Mixer has the following options:

Decoder:

SPDIF Decode
SPDIF Bypass

If I ever choose bypass here all sound stops.

The Dolby Digital Tab has:

SPDIF Decode (Which translates the Dolby digital sound and tries to mimic it)
SPDIF Passthrough

If I choose Passthrough here, then play WINDVD, I get the Dolby Digital Sign on my Receiver.

Within Sage:
DVD Settings:

Video Decoder: InterVideo Video Decoder

Other possible options here are:
Default and InterVideo NonCSS Video Decoder Hauppauge

Audio Decoder: Intervideo Audio Decoder

Default, MPEG Audio Decoder and InterVideo NonCSS Audio Decoder Hauppauge

Audio rendere: SB Audigy

Default, SB Audiy Audio (DirectSound), Default DirectSound, Default WaveOut (Tried All)

No matter what, Dolby NEVER lights up .. it always stays on stereo.

Should I not use optical? Or digital Coax? Different DVD Player? Different Cards?

Thanks for the patience!

Robert
Old 10-01-2003, 09:49 PM
SageTVaholic

WinDVD's filters get their settings from a different spot in the registry than the player does. You probably need to change a setting in the registry. Set this key like so:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\InterVideo\Common\Audiodec\AudioOutput=1

I got this from this thread at the AVS Forum:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ht=AUDIOOUTPUT

Hope that gets you going.
Old 10-02-2003, 04:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Another thing to try is choosing SB Audigy (Directsound) or Default Directsound. I believe DD is passed thru using a Directshow (Sound) filter and not thru Waveout or device. I think you may also have to go into the control panel of the SB and turn off the DD Decoding the card does so that the DD signal just passes thru. I think I recall this from some other forum post. Hope this helps.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-02-2003, 04:51 AM

That registry setting should be what you need. I alwaysed used Zoomplayer to configure that for me (just launched it and set Intervideo to SPDIF output) but I am pretty sure it was just setting the registry. Sounds like you are real close. FYI that registry location may not be the same for every version of WnDVD.

I am going to hookup my system digital again this weekend. You have me psyched again.

I think I am going to try it with AC3Filter. With Jeff's suggestions I think I can use that with the free Intervideo codec to get digital out.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:18 AM
Sage Icon

I assume you have the PVR remote? Is so its very easy to launch a program via remote, just edit the irremote.ini.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:10 AM
Sage User

I will look into the registry setting tonight and post the results. Thanks for everyone's responses and sorry for not getting back sooner .. have had problems connecting to the forum lately.

Rob
Old 10-06-2003, 06:34 PM
Sage User

Well - I changed registry settings in a lot of different places, but no luck. In addition, it seems my wife has gotten fairly tired of the first 5 minutes of Lord of the Rings. Sheesh, play something a couple of hundred times ...

I have tried WinDVD, PowerDVD, and NVDVD .. all seem to do fine with Dolby Digital in their own programs, but no luck in sage. If anyone is having success with other DVD Players, please let me know. I will be happy to download every trial in town!

Thanks for the continued help!

Rob
Old 11-14-2003, 08:52 AM
Sage User

Digital out put

Ok I have read all your ideas! Has anyone or has Satge figured out what to do to get the digital pass thru to work. If I use Power DVD only it works just fine as it always has.

I have SB Aug. Powers DVD using SPdif out right now works fine when I try to use Stage I can not get my receiver to detect the digital signal

Thanks Bruce
Old 11-14-2003, 09:18 AM
Sage Fanatic

robn,

NVDVD works for Dolby Digital Pass Thru. Once you select the NVDVD as the
audio and video decoders sleep or exit SageTV. Then start playing a DVD
and then pause it. in the System Tray you will see an icon for NVDVD.
Right Click on it and Select Properties or somethng like that. It is kind of
weird in that the menu doesn't show up on the System tray, but if you then
right click on SageTV in the Taskbar. Once you bring that up it has an option
to select Dolby Digital Pass Thru. This worked for me on DVDs, but it did not
work for Captured material from the PVR. The only reason I do not use this
is because the NVDVD video decoder does not use hardware acceleration
unless full screen overlay is enabled and then the OSD is not visible, pretty
dumb considering I have an NVidia card.

Hope this helps,
John
Living Room: WinXP Pro SP2, AMD XP3200+, 1GB, 1.3TB 3ware 9500S12 RAID5, GigaByte GA7N400Pro2, 2xVBOX USB2 HD Tuner<-Antennna, 1xHDHR<-Antennna , HD100 to HDMI Splitter 1080i->32" 4:3 HDTV or 1080i->92" 1080P LCD Projector
Kitchen: WinXP Home SP2, Celeron 2.0Ghz, 512MB, 40GB, Saphire ATI MB, ATI9200->19"LCD
2 BedRooms: MediaMVP
Old 11-14-2003, 09:29 AM
Sage User

Thanks John, is NDVD available as a trial version? So what do you use to play back DVDs? Also how do you get rid of the Jerkeyness or jitter in TV mode I also have the PVR 250.

Thanks Bruce