SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

video_buffer_size ???

I'm trying to reduce the problems I'm having with audio/video going out of synch and video doing skipping when there's an unexpected drop in Internet bandwidth. It seems if there's a drop in Internet bandwidth; even for a second, the video/audio stream never recovers from the problem and stays out of synch or the video/audio keeps pausing every few seconds. I'm hoping changing video_buffer_size will fix these problems.

What is the default video_buffer_size?

Thanks,
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
I fixed my orphaned albums a while back using nielm's webserver. I did the normal suggestions but nothing helped.

Its been a while so I don't remember the exact method I used, but by using the webserver, I was able to finally get rid of the orhaned albums. IIRC, I did a search in the webserver for music files and then told the webserver to delete the found files. Files that it found in the wiz.bin, but were not really there. And they did go away
The files dont show up in my webserver either when I search for them... They just appear in the server and client Music By Album interface...

Narflex???? Help

Clients: 2 HD Extenders
Old 05-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry I can't be of more help. It was a while ago.

I just tried importing in some mp3's to see if I could remember how I did it. I was able to do some "blank" music searches and my mp3's showed up. Then, I was able to click on the link to the file to see the detailed info. Now, the "delete now" link is dead, but IIRC, that is what I used to delete it before. Earlier version of the webserver maybe?
Old 05-25-2006, 04:12 PM
SageTVaholic

^BUMP^ I really need this question answered. There's no documentation on this setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
I'm trying to reduce the problems I'm having with audio/video going out of synch and video doing skipping when there's an unexpected drop in Internet bandwidth. It seems if there's a drop in Internet bandwidth; even for a second, the video/audio stream never recovers from the problem and stays out of synch or the video/audio keeps pausing every few seconds. I'm hoping changing video_buffer_size will fix these problems.

What is the default video_buffer_size?

Thanks,
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Sage Expert

I'm in serious trouble with the missus. Latest version has locked up and failed to record two shows tonight including one series finale.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS
I'm in serious trouble with the missus. Latest version has locked up and failed to record two shows tonight including one series finale.
Fwiw, this is the very reason it is imperative that you use drive imaging software. You can easily 'roll back' to a known good working system at the first hint of problems with a new one. Are you currently using some type of imaging software?

-PGPfan
Old 05-26-2006, 04:10 AM
Sage Expert

I will be as soon as you recommend one
Old 05-26-2006, 07:03 AM
Administrator

You don't really need to do a complete drive image before installting a new version -- just backup the SageTV install dir, as described here. There's a script for doing that in the 2nd post there. If you do run into a problem, though, it is good to file a bug report instead of ust reverting, or it may not get fixed.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I will be as soon as you recommend one
I would check out Acronis. I believe they have a free trial. Also, fwiw, I was able to uninstall 5.0.3 and reinstall 5.0.2. I kept crashing too.

B
Old 05-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
I would check out Acronis. I believe they have a free trial.
B
Seconded. I've used True Image for several years with very good results.

I don't image my SageTV drive before every change, but it only takes about 8-10 minutes so I do it fairly frequently (all recordings are on a separate partition, so imaging the system partition is quick). I try to create an image backup of every stable operating point, which is usually a week or so after any major upgrades or tweaks.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, 2TB and 4TB SATA HDD's
SageTV v9.1.2.662, SageTV7.xml STV, Java v1.8.0_121
Server operating headless with 3 HD300 extenders as clients
Two HDHomeRun Primes (6 tuners) with 20170512beta1 firmware
Comcast cable TV, two cablecards in HDHRP's
OpenDCT 0.5.28 network encoder

Last edited by jgsouthard; 05-26-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsouthard
Seconded. I've used True Image for several years with very good results.

I don't image my SageTV drive before every change, but it only takes about 8-10 minutes so I do it fairly frequently (all recordings are on a separate partition, so imaging the system partition is quick). I try to create an image backup of every stable operating point, which is usually a week or so after any major upgrades or tweaks.

By the problems I am hearing I think you've all answered my question. IE- Stick with 5.0.2 if not giving problems.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

any plans to offer for sale Wireless MediaMVP and SageClient license bundles as you do with the hardwired version???
Old 05-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
Does this release fix orphaned albums in the Music section that have been removed from the import directories? If not, what can be done to fix this? Ive tried the refresh import and adding and removing directories....
Please submit a bug report on this.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia
any plans to offer for sale Wireless MediaMVP and SageClient license bundles as you do with the hardwired version???
Yes, we will be offering this once we have the wireless MVPs in stock.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy

Quote:
Hi,
I also had 3 favorites FAIL to record last night after the latest update(5.0.3).
I thought it was something else in my system (fail to wake, etc.). I will check it out further tonight.
Randy

HD-200 extender, 37 in. lcd tv (HDMI)
Old 05-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelrandolph
Hi,
I also had 3 favorites FAIL to record last night after the latest update(5.0.3).
I thought it was something else in my system (fail to wake, etc.). I will check it out further tonight.
Randy
Please file a bug report on this at http://sagetv.com/bugs.html
Old 05-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Sage Icon

I recommend True Image as well. It has saved me more than once, and not just on my Sage machine. Restoring an image in 10 minutes beats spending half a day getting Windows installed and up to date and reinstalling drivers and applications.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 05-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Sage Expert

Drive Snapshot is one that's saved my hide several times recently. And, it'll do differential images to stay up to date with a lot less storage.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 05-27-2006, 03:21 AM
Sage Expert

In my case the failure to record seems to be caused by the DVBT updates and attempting to record back to back on the same channel.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Jeff, I don't mean to be a pest, but could you please tell me what the default value for video_buffer_size is? I've also asked this same question via emal tech support.

Thanks so much in advance!

***RIP SageTV***