SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-23-2006, 03:43 PM
Sage

Talking SageTV V5.0.3 Release Candidate for Windows is Here with Wireless MVP Support!

Howdy all!

We've got a release candidate version of the new build for 5.0 that we'd like to get some feedback on before we put it out into general release. We've made a bunch of changes and added a cool new feature: Wireless Media MVP support!

If you have any issues, please submit a bug report through http://sagetv.com/bugs.html

The software can be downloaded from here:

SageTV
http://download.sage.tv/SageTV_V5_0_3Setup.exe

SageTV Client
http://download.sage.tv/SageTVClient_V5_0_3Setup.exe

SageTV Placeshifter for Windows Installer EXE
http://download.sage.tv/SageTVPlaces...5_0_3Setup.exe

SageTV Placeshifter for Windows Zip
http://download.sage.tv/SageTVPlaceshifter.zip

SageTV Placeshifter for Linux Gzip'd TAR
http://download.sage.tv/linuxweb/miniclient.tar.gz

See this post for info about running just the placeshifter on a Windows PC w/o installing the full client.

SageTV V5.0.3 Release Notes 5/22/2006

Core Updates
1. BUG FIX: Whatever account the user is trying to use for the service needs to have log on as service rights
2. Fixed bug where the Shift key would give "Shift+" as it's keystroke string
3. Fixes for ID3 importing issues and custom metadata importing issues
4. Added ability to specify ir tuning preroll for all tuning plugins
5. Bug Fix: Scheduler can miss a Favorite recording due to a forced overlap issue
6. Bug Fix: The SageTV Service tries to show the 'trial is expiring' message when there's 7 days left on the trial; so it never starts since it has no UI
7. Fix: MCE remote Green button doesn't not work on Window XP MCE
8. DirecTV Serial Control code on Windows has been redone so it should work with more receivers now and auto-detect them as well
9. Add registry Win32ShellHookEnable to contorl Win32ShellHook.dll load.
10. Bug Fix: Recurring time based recordings can sometimes end up with duplicates created
11, Fixed bug where trailing whitespace is not accounted for when rendering a textinput widget

Extender Updates
1. Wireless MVP Support!!!!
2. Bug Fix: Continuous playback of MP3 files on the MVP will eventually stop
3. Changed media extender trial message to say 15 days instead of 7 days.
4. Bug Fix: Channel Setup doesn't work correctly when viewed on the MVP
5. Added support for doing frame stepping on the MVP
6. Bug Fix: Command remapping doesn't always work right for the MVP clients
7. Bug Fix: Extender clients properties files can still get polluted with the main SageTV properties

Studio Updates
1. Reflected expression evaluator doesn't allow using wrapped primitive types because it converts them to primitives
2. Fixed NPE bug in getting the airings on an album.
3. Fixed potential NPE error in toString() method for Album
4. Context menus in the Studio don't show on the secondary monitor when using multiple monitors
5. Bug Fix: Calling AddChannel with an updated network doesn't update the channel object
6. Bug Fix: Last focused item is not remembered correctly between menu transitions

Placeshifter Updates
1. Fixed bug where SageTV would hang setting up the UPnP ports for Placeshifting
2. Added support for Linux
3. Fixed issues relating to font differences between the client & the server
4. Changed Placeshifter trial message to say 15 days instead of 7 days.
5. Bug Fix: MiniClient should hide the mouse cursor when in full screen mode and there is inactivity
6. Added -fullscreen command line option for MiniClient which causes it to be launched in full screen mode.
7. Optimization for rendering the 'TRIAL' text on the MiniClient (it was very CPU intesive before)
8. Placeshifter buffer sizes for playback are now configurable via properties video_buffer_size and audio_buffer_size (audio buffer size is used when playing back audio only files, otherwise video is used, the units are bytes)
9. Add always on top option to the Placeshifting MiniClient
10. Added support for using a 16-bit color depth on the desktop
11. Added warning message for when post-processing is causing the video to not play correctly
12. Added support for using the Placeshifter on any monitor in a multiple monitor system

Linux Updates
1. Added support for using LIRC
2. Changed Linux architecture to be client/server based on a single system
3. SageTV for Linux now runs as a back-end service
4. The SageTV Placeshifter client for Linux is used as the front end on Linux
5. Fixed bug where using a Windows Wiz.bin file on a Linux system could cause the importer to stop working
6. Added support for power management on Linux in the Placeshifter

STV Updates
1. For Linux: Added ability to set "Infrared Blaster" tuning plugin port. User can select from ports 0 - 9.
2. Fixed theme for text that is shown when a list is empty so that the white text has a dark shadow. (such as on the Parallel Recording Schedule screen.)
3. Disabled the Update feature in Detailed Setup for Linux version.
4. Removed RenderXForm settings from NTE status text.
5. The "remove_padding_on_back_to_back_favorites" property is now set on the server AND locally.
6. Skipped the Config Wiz menu asking whether to display the mouse shortcut icons.
7. Modified some calls to GetShowTitle() to use GetAiringTitle() instead so that Timed Recordings have their correct title used.
8. Modified menu container so that vertical button spacing doesn't cause the bottom button to display incorrectly.
9. Using Play command while highlighting music item (playlist, album, song, etc.) initiates playback of that item.
10. After music playlist finishes, jump to the Playlist Details menu instead of Album Details.
11. Added a Standby option to the pop-up Optiosn dialog on the playback screen.
12. Fixed NTE buttons so the text isn't truncated when the button are too small. (text is now shrunk to fit.)
13. File browser no longer checks for directory status of root drives, to prevent repeated drive A access attempts.
14. Weather loc config: If country is USA, turn NTE off for location entry; all other countries use the current NTE setting. The original NTE setting is restored once the location entry dialog closes.
15. Fixed Screen Saver Timeout entry dialog so that 0 minutes can be entered. Non-zero values are still checked for a minimum value of 1 minute.

We hope you all enjoy. Please submit any bugs at http://www.sagetv.com/bugs.html

Thanks again for your help!
Old 05-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Sage User

Did the fix for USB recording quality (SageTV would not changed the recording quality of a usb recording device such as a hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2 or a Diamond XtremeTV PVR600) not make it into this version??? Or did it just get left out of the changelog?
Old 05-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrmage
Did the fix for USB recording quality (SageTV would not changed the recording quality of a usb recording device such as a hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2 or a Diamond XtremeTV PVR600) not make it into this version??? Or did it just get left out of the changelog?
It got left out of the change log. It DID make it into this version.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just installed it.. no go for the Wireless MediaMVP The screen of 'Please wait' of the Media Center just flashes between it and a blank screen... (tried with network cable connected, with no cable = bootp failed)

Heres whats on the debug log
Quote:
Tue 5/23 15:49:12.277 Ministry is waiting for 180 sec
Tue 5/23 15:49:17.002 Received bootp request
Tue 5/23 15:49:17.002 Op:1 hwtype:1 hwaddrlen:6hopcount:0
transaction:289824781 nSeconds:100 flags:0
MAC: 00:0d:fe:07:7d:d8
Tue 5/23 15:49:17.003 Matched request to client 0
Tue 5/23 15:49:17.003 Warning, request from 00:0d:fe:07:7d:d8 doesn't have IP.
Tue 5/23 15:49:26.021 Received bootp request
Tue 5/23 15:49:26.022 Op:1 hwtype:1 hwaddrlen:6hopcount:0
transaction:289824781 nSeconds:100 flags:0
Tue 5/23 15:49:26.022 Matched request to client 0
Tue 5/23 15:49:26.023 Warning, request from 00:0d:fe:07:7d:d8 doesn't have IP.
Tue 5/23 15:49:35.252 Received bootp request
Tue 5/23 15:49:35.253 Op:1 hwtype:1 hwaddrlen:6hopcount:0
transaction:782647773 nSeconds:100 flags:0
Tue 5/23 15:49:35.253 Matched request to client 0
Tue 5/23 15:49:35.253 servername 192.168.5.101
Tue 5/23 15:49:35.253 Sending bootp reply
Tue 5/23 15:49:35.382 Received tftp packet

Tue 5/23 15:49:35.385 Reading mvp.bin in mode octet
Tue 5/23 15:49:35.386 Opening file
Tue 5/23 15:49:40.659 At last block
Tue 5/23 15:50:00.001 Seeker awoken
Tue 5/23 15:50:00.003 MARK 1 currRecord=null enc=Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture clients=[] ir=true
Tue 5/23 15:50:00.004 defaultRecord=A[2553507,1734768,"World's Wildest Police Videos",11163@0523.15:00,60]
Tue 5/23 15:50:00.004 Seeker in AUTOMATIC mode nextRecord=A[2583353,1910459,"The Past",44617@0523.15:55,5] nextTTA=299997
Tue 5/23 15:50:00.004 newRecord=null
Tue 5/23 15:50:00.004 NOTHING TO RECORD FOR NOW...
Tue 5/23 15:50:00.005 VF processing job null nPlayin=false
Tue 5/23 15:50:00.005 VF thread is now waiting for 0:00:00.000
Tue 5/23 15:50:00.289 Seeker waiting for 4 mins.
UPDATE2: I just deleted the clients directory and still same problem :/

Last edited by Jabroni; 05-23-2006 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni
Just installed it.. no go for the Wireless MediaMVP The screen of 'Please wait' of the Media Center just flashes between it and a blank screen... (tried with network cable connected, with no cable = bootp failed)

Heres whats on the debug log

UPDATE2: I just deleted the clients directory and still same problem :/
What do you mean by this?
(tried with network cable connected, with no cable = bootp failed)

Did you configure the wireless in the Hauppauge setup screens? If you do that and go wireless only, what happens then?

You can't startout wired and then switch to wireless (or vice versa) without going through the Hauppauge setup screens again.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
What do you mean by this?
(tried with network cable connected, with no cable = bootp failed)

Did you configure the wireless in the Hauppauge setup screens? If you do that and go wireless only, what happens then?

You can't startout wired and then switch to wireless (or vice versa) without going through the Hauppauge setup screens again.
How should I get to the haupagge screens? seems like my old sagetv 5 replaced the application of hauppage, and now I cant get to the network config screen I got the first time I booted my unit. Right now if i connect the unit with no network cable, it says "Boot failed. Connect cable network to recover". If I connect the network cable, it boots up, get a flash of the 'Please wait' screen of Sage, and then it just blinks from blank screens and the 'Please wait' logo
Old 05-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
How should I get to the haupagge screens? seems like my old sagetv 5 replaced the application of hauppage, and now I cant get to the network config screen I got the first time I booted my unit. Right now if i connect the unit with no network cable, it says "Boot failed. Connect cable network to recover". If I connect the network cable, it boots up, get a flash of the 'Please wait' screen of Sage, and then it just blinks from blank screens and the 'Please wait' logo
Unplug it for about 5 minutes. We've seen it in this weird state before. Apparently, somehow it's 'remembering' the SageTV kernel image which is stored in RAM even though the device is being power cycled.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is the new directv serial code the same dll that was in the poll as a beta test? If it is can we continue to use the dll that came with .2? That new dll was slow.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:59 PM

Placeshifter Updates
2. Added support for Linux
So far so good jeff with this one
But it would be nice later on to add installer and shorhcut ICON to the Desktop.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Sage Icon

is java 1.5 update 5 still the recommended java version to use?
Old 05-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Unplug it for about 5 minutes. We've seen it in this weird state before. Apparently, somehow it's 'remembering' the SageTV kernel image which is stored in RAM even though the device is being power cycled.
Well same problem.. I tried installing the software from MediaMVP in order to "recover firmware" since CRC didnt matched, i tried booting up but it gets stuck on step 1/7, and after like 2 mins, an error comes up that says upgrade failed. I got rev 2.03 on my unit.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
is java 1.5 update 5 still the recommended java version to use?
Yes; see this post.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Well same problem.. I tried installing the software from MediaMVP in order to "recover firmware" since CRC didnt matched, i tried booting up but it gets stuck on step 1/7, and after like 2 mins, an error comes up that says upgrade failed. I got rev 2.03 on my unit.
You've got a Rev 2.03 wireless unit?? I thought all the public ones were at least 2.05 (as there are bugs in wireless not fixed until 2.05).

I suggest you contact Hauppauge about your problem as you may have a bad unit. They'll more than likely have you send it back for a new one because it sounds like your flash got corrupted somehow (not SageTV's fault...we never modify the flash).
Old 05-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

"Always on top"... nice. That really adds quite a bit to usability.

Future feature suggestion: ever check out "ThruView" in ATI's MMC? The video becomes transparent on the desktop in either window or full screen. Channel change and transparency adjustment comes from the tray icon. And you get back to normal mode by clicking on it in the taskbar.

You can browse web pages in full without anything blocking the view. It's one of the few things that MMC does well. I don't know if it's possible with the media player but I wouldn't mind seeing something like that with Placeshifter.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
You've got a Rev 2.03 wireless unit?? I thought all the public ones were at least 2.05 (as there are bugs in wireless not fixed until 2.05).

I suggest you contact Hauppauge about your problem as you may have a bad unit. They'll more than likely have you send it back for a new one because it sounds like your flash got corrupted somehow (not SageTV's fault...we never modify the flash).

I just rolled back to 5.0.1, loads application fine and im on the sage menu without a prob... :/
What im not quite sure if its normal now that if I load the unit with no network cable plugged in, i always get a "Boot failed, Connect wired to recover..."
Old 05-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am trying to setup the sagetv 5.0.3 as service
I configured it in the servpanel, told it to use the username (or local it doesnt matter yet)
When I load the sagetv and try to configure it first time, it does not move past the screen for placeshifting, enable disable.
It just does not move past that screen, no matter what I press (enable or disable).

Tried with installing over what I have, and tried with fresh install (uninstall, delete and reinstall) still in server mode, configuration, will not move past the placshifting screen.

I did not try to start as a service in a long while, and would to try it now...
I do not have a license for placeshifting, nor do I want to use it right onw, I just want to install as service.

Problem number 2:
I use a gyration MCE Remote, it does not connect with infrared, it connects with RF. It uses swipes for actions, that remote does not work with sagetv, only the hard buttons work, not the swipes.

http://www.gyration.com/en-US/Produc...0001&accshow=3
SageTV Client 6.3.5 , AMD 3000, 1024Mb, Saphire x1600Pro256HDMI, java 1.6.1

Using Nielm's Web server 2.22

Last edited by alon24; 05-24-2006 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Managed to get it working now.. BUT... theres just a lil' issue.. it just works near the AP.. if I get a lil' ouside of the room where the AP is it wont work, the screen with loading just flashes and loops. Do you guys use a 'safe' mechanism to transfer the app to the wireless mediamvp?? (like if using UDP to check every packet xfer... since wireless interferance does get MANY packets screwed (I friend developed an interface which used first ethernet cable and there was no prob, but onces he changed to a wifi module, he had to change on his code some packet verification mechasim, not quite sure if something like that is already done by MVP/Sage.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Does sage support id3 tags that have images in the tag?

Clients: 2 HD Extenders
Old 05-24-2006, 06:53 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Upgrade Messed with PlaceShifter Account (Again)

Jeff this happend during the 4.xxx betas then stopped.
When I upgraded to 5.02 to 5.03, my 1 and only Placeshifter account no longer works. I am remote right now so I can't do anything at the moment but when I get home I will do what I did last time. I would have to delete the acccount, start PS server, disable PS server, add the account, stop server and then restart server to fix. Yes I did reboot/restart sage server after the upgrade several times.

What is different about the problem this time is if I put my correct user and password and click login, it blanks both user and pw fields when it should take me to the main menu.
When I put correct user and WRONG password.. it pops up with the message that the password is wrong...
So it seems to recognize the difference between the correct and incorrect user/pw, just that it wont let me in!

What is is slightly different when I saw this problem in the 4.xx betas is that PS would tell me I put in the wrong password regardless if it was correct or not
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 05-24-2006 at 07:17 AM.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:23 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Fix: MCE remote Green button doesn't not work on Window XP MCE[/b]
Using Play command while highlighting music item (playlist, album, song, etc.) initiates playback of that item.
I tried switching from HIP to the built-in MCE support on 5.0.2 and noticed that lots of buttons didn't work e.g. ff and skip. Are these likely to be fixed now or is it just the green button?

Good work on the play command, I was about to post a complaint about that last night having played with the music features for the first time!