SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Got my (2.03) unit working. I did the same as jabroni:
- Stopped Sage
- Installed the Hauppauge software on another computer on the network.
- Rebooted the MVP with the newtork cable installed. (Initially I tried to boot wirelessley but that did not work.)
- Received an error message saying the firmware CRC did not check.
- Let the MVP reinstall the firmware

Works really well. I am pleasantly suprised by how smooth playback is (using DVD extra long play). Menus are a little slower but otherwise no complaints.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
but if 2.03 untis were shipped by mistake as Jeff stated.. wouldn't you want to return for the correct model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda
Got my (2.03) unit working. I did the same as jabroni:
- Stopped Sage
- Installed the Hauppauge software on another computer on the network.
- Rebooted the MVP with the newtork cable installed. (Initially I tried to boot wirelessley but that did not work.)
- Received an error message saying the firmware CRC did not check.
- Let the MVP reinstall the firmware

Works really well. I am pleasantly suprised by how smooth playback is (using DVD extra long play). Menus are a little slower but otherwise no complaints.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 05-24-2006, 04:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes. I have already gotten an RMA number and they have cross shipped me another. I emailed them to check that I will be getting a 2.05 unit.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Sage Expert

Jeff rolled back to 5.02 and the streamzap remote problem...gone.
I am going to sit on 5.02 till things get ironed out.
I will try again
after some scheduled recordings happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
rolling rolling rolling...
rolling back :-)
I will confirm whether or not rolling back to 5.02 makes this remote problem disappear.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 05-24-2006 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:34 PM
Sage Expert

For some reason I'm getting a blank screen when using Purevideo on a laptop client. Audio comes through but no picture. Selecting 'Stop Playback' then locks up the client, no response to any clicks or key presses. This is with Purevideo set as default using DECCheck, decoders set to default in STV and overlay renderer.

If I kill the process in task manager and restart, SageTV decoders are set in the video config and everything works ok.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Does this release fix orphaned albums in the Music section that have been removed from the import directories? If not, what can be done to fix this? Ive tried the refresh import and adding and removing directories....

Clients: 2 HD Extenders
Old 05-24-2006, 08:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
We have seen problems before when you use different audio & video decoders from different vendors. You may want to try the NVidia Audio Decoder to see if that helps your crashing issue. Also, go ahead and submit a bug report and we'll have you enable some other stuff that can help track it down as well.
I have been futzing with nvidia audio all night! I didn't realize it does not downmix all HD channel audio to PCM even if I tell it to not use SPDIF. The Sonic decoder does. Is there a way to use a decoder for a specific tuner(s)??

I know, I know.. I am getting audio over SPDIF which is cool. I had problems with it in the past. However, my wife isn't too interested in turning on the stereo to watch TV. It sounds amazing though!

I will run in current mode to see if I can get it to crash again. Then I will file bug report.

B

Now to find a good universal remote to control stereo too..
Old 05-25-2006, 06:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Just a random thought, but do you think there should be some kind of Sticky out there stating that 2.03's need to be RMA'ed back to Hauppauge? I only have the wired ones, so it doesn't matter to me but it sure annoys me using the forums and seeing the same questions asked over and over again and it turns out to be the same problem that is beyond Sage's control? I realise this is the first time it has come up (seeing as how 5.03 just was released), but you know in a month from now we will see a whole new crop of 2.03 unit problems again (sure it sounds like it was a short run of them, but still!). Just my .02 worth.
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 05-25-2006, 06:47 AM
Sage Expert

Anyone know if the wireless MVPs support WPA/WPA2 or only WEP?

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2006, 06:53 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt
Anyone know if the wireless MVPs support WPA/WPA2 or only WEP?

Thanks!
Only 64/128 bit WEP...

-Jason
Old 05-25-2006, 07:05 AM
Sage Expert

5.03 problems

Before I submit these 5.03 bug reports, is anyone else having login problems with PlaceShifter and loss of control when using a Streamzap remote?
Old 05-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
Before I submit these 5.03 bug reports, is anyone else having login problems with PlaceShifter and loss of control when using a Streamzap remote?
On the server or the the placeshifter client computer? I have Streamzap on my server with no control or login issues. Don't have one on the client though.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Sage Expert

Sorry..Server. It is my standalone connected 23inch VGA monitor and a streamzap remoted

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdude90210
On the server or the the placeshifter client computer? I have Streamzap on my server with no control or login issues. Don't have one on the client though.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
Does this release fix orphaned albums in the Music section that have been removed from the import directories? If not, what can be done to fix this? Ive tried the refresh import and adding and removing directories....
I fixed my orphaned albums a while back using nielm's webserver. I did the normal suggestions but nothing helped.

Its been a while so I don't remember the exact method I used, but by using the webserver, I was able to finally get rid of the orhaned albums. IIRC, I did a search in the webserver for music files and then told the webserver to delete the found files. Files that it found in the wiz.bin, but were not really there. And they did go away
Old 05-25-2006, 11:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Did you have to delete each one individually?

Clients: 2 HD Extenders
Old 05-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Sage Icon

I think I did. Fortunately for me, there were not too many of them to remove. Like I said, it has been a while since I did it, so I am not completely sure. I do know that I had orphans that would not go away for any reason until I used the webserver.

Now, if I could only find a way to remove the orphaned video imports in the "search" menus.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Sage Expert

If I am not having problems w/ 5.0.2 and don't use wireless MVP , any good reason to update?
Old 05-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Only 64/128 bit WEP...

-Jason
Why, in Heaven's name would Happuague make a brand new device based on such ancient technology? Did they find a bargain on 3 year-old wireless equipment?

What a horrenduos potential security problem for a network!
Old 05-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Sage Expert

Not really.. and if so... could easily be addressed with a firmware update.
Call them and let them know this is your concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Why, in Heaven's name would Happuague make a brand new device based on such ancient technology? Did they find a bargain on 3 year-old wireless equipment?

What a horrenduos potential security problem for a network!
Old 05-25-2006, 02:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Only 64/128 bit WEP...

-Jason
Im waiting for DD-WRT guys to support multiple SSID (Linksys Firmware). That would fix one problem, we could create a SSID with no internet access just for connection to the Sage server that uses WEP Keys, and a full open internet access which uses WPA-PSK.