SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-24-2006, 07:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Jabroni - How did you get it working? I have that "Boot failed. Connect network cable to recover." message and Hauppauge tech support told me the unit was bad and are sending another. Did you just leave it unplugged for a while and then move it closer to the AP? Did you ever figure out how to get back to the Hauppauge wireless setup menu?
Old 05-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS
I tried switching from HIP to the built-in MCE support on 5.0.2 and noticed that lots of buttons didn't work e.g. ff and skip. Are these likely to be fixed now or is it just the green button?
Did you select the MCE remote in Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Remote Config?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:39 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Did you select the MCE remote in Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Remote Config?
Yup and just tried the same with the latest version. Shut down HIP, enabled MCE Remote, shut down, restart, check still enabled, some keys work (arrows, select) but ff, rev, skip, play... still not working.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:42 AM
Sage Expert

Other question I forgot to ask was if the latest DVB updates are part of the latest version or do I need to install the updates from Qian?
Old 05-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda
Jabroni - How did you get it working? I have that "Boot failed. Connect network cable to recover." message and Hauppauge tech support told me the unit was bad and are sending another. Did you just leave it unplugged for a while and then move it closer to the AP? Did you ever figure out how to get back to the Hauppauge wireless setup menu?
I just installed their mediamvp software on another computer, turned off sagetv, and booted in order to flash the firmware again, then i was up and running again with their firmware. What Im still worried is about the 2.03 rev that it displays on screen. Ill ask hauppage tech support guys if there is a way to update that..
Old 05-24-2006, 09:05 AM
SageTVaholic

I had 2 crashes this morning. Fortunately I had logging turned on. After the first crash of Sage, I rebooted the PC. Right now it is running service, but not ui. Googd thing my wife doesn't watch much TV during the day! Logs attached.

B
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_1.txt (689.4 KB, 164 views)
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (147.0 KB, 177 views)
Old 05-24-2006, 09:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yup and just tried the same with the latest version. Shut down HIP, enabled MCE Remote, shut down, restart, check still enabled, some keys work (arrows, select) but ff, rev, skip, play... still not working.
Make sure you are not using the alternate MCE IR driver as Sage might respond the way you describe or not work at all. I don't remember which. You need the standard default eHome IR driver for the remote in Sage.

BobP.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
I had 2 crashes this morning. Fortunately I had logging turned on. After the first crash of Sage, I rebooted the PC. Right now it is running service, but not ui. Googd thing my wife doesn't watch much TV during the day! Logs attached.

B
If you have any hs_err_pidxxx.log files in your SageTV folder please send them to betatest at sagetv.com
Old 05-24-2006, 10:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Other question I forgot to ask was if the latest DVB updates are part of the latest version or do I need to install the updates from Qian?
You still need the updates from Qian.
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
Jeff this happend during the 4.xxx betas then stopped.
When I upgraded to 5.02 to 5.03, my 1 and only Placeshifter account no longer works. I am remote right now so I can't do anything at the moment but when I get home I will do what I did last time. I would have to delete the acccount, start PS server, disable PS server, add the account, stop server and then restart server to fix. Yes I did reboot/restart sage server after the upgrade several times.

What is different about the problem this time is if I put my correct user and password and click login, it blanks both user and pw fields when it should take me to the main menu.
When I put correct user and WRONG password.. it pops up with the message that the password is wrong...
So it seems to recognize the difference between the correct and incorrect user/pw, just that it wont let me in!

What is is slightly different when I saw this problem in the 4.xx betas is that PS would tell me I put in the wrong password regardless if it was correct or not
Sounds like a different bug, can you submit a bug report on it please?
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
Does sage support id3 tags that have images in the tag?
Yes
Old 05-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Narflex any update regarding my Wireless Media MVP issue? Have you tried using it on a AP with 150m range and see if the APP transfer correctly to the mediamvp??
Old 05-24-2006, 12:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
If you have any hs_err_pidxxx.log files in your SageTV folder please send them to betatest at sagetv.com
Just one which is 0kb dated 5-9. I could have sworn I deleted that last week...

B
Old 05-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Just one which is 0kb dated 5-9. I could have sworn I deleted that last week...

B
We have seen problems before when you use different audio & video decoders from different vendors. You may want to try the NVidia Audio Decoder to see if that helps your crashing issue. Also, go ahead and submit a bug report and we'll have you enable some other stuff that can help track it down as well.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni
Narflex any update regarding my Wireless Media MVP issue? Have you tried using it on a AP with 150m range and see if the APP transfer correctly to the mediamvp??
The app transfer code is all in Hauppauge's firmware so we have no control over it. As I said before, it looks like your MVP's firmware is bad so you should contact Hauppauge for a new unit.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

I could actually manage to get the unit fully working using my laptop and the mediamvp application it came with, i was able to reflash the firmware and now its as how I received it. Should I contact them just for a new firmware ??
Old 05-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni
I could actually manage to get the unit fully working using my laptop and the mediamvp application it came with, i was able to reflash the firmware and now its as how I received it. Should I contact them just for a new firmware ??
You should contact them for a new unit. The 2.03 units were shipped out by mistake. Hauppauge just confirmed that with me and said that any users that have a 2.03 unit should contact them so they can exchange it for a new one.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Streamzap problems

Hmm 5.03 introduced a weird remote control problem
Not sure if it has to do with the screen saver changes.
Seems like after 10 minutes of using Sage, my streamzap remote loses control. If I click the mouse on the UI it comes back. I do not use power manager or sleep mode. I have Sage kick in the screen saver after 10 minutes
This happends 100% of the time now with 5.03. Could it be a bug with Full screen exclusive?
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 05-24-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Sage

cmaffia, submit a bug report please. Check to see if it happens in 5.0.2 as well if you downgrade (all config files are compatible).
Old 05-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
rolling rolling rolling...
rolling back :-)
I will confirm whether or not rolling back to 5.02 makes this remote problem disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
cmaffia, submit a bug report please. Check to see if it happens in 5.0.2 as well if you downgrade (all config files are compatible).
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 05-24-2006 at 03:59 PM.