SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 05:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
I do however have a problem with pictures. At the top level I have some named folders and some with the year (1996, 1997... 2006). When it comes up each time as "sort by date", I see all of the folders with names and then only 1996 and 2006. The years in between are missing. If I switch to "Sort by Name" then I see the folders for the years in between.

Morgan
Mhh, that's a weird one, doesn't happen in my library ... Can you describe your exact folder layout (PM if you want) so that I can try to recreate it here ?

Quote:
Also, 1996 is the only folder named by year that shows sample thumbnails on the folder icon. The other years show a blank folder. Any ideas?
Does this folder only contain other subfolders, but no images in the root level ? This change was necessary to implement the performance improvements in this build. I don't mind it, but if it turns out to be a big deal for others then I'll try to come with an idea how to bring it back ...

Dirk
Old 09-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Andy,

get rid of it, and your problems should be gone !

Dirk
Hurray! That fixed it! Thanks

Andy
Old 09-21-2006, 05:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
EDIT: Duh, forget about the 3-digit to another 3-digit...all the tuners were in use..and it didn't say anything..so I assumed it wasn't working..That's what I get for everyone being in seperate rooms watching TV right now! The non seeing of digits is still there though..Maybe it's a new feature!
Dont feel too bad, the same thing happened to me several times ... Regarding the missing digits - yes this got lost while adding one of the new features - expect it to be back in the next version

Dirk
Old 09-21-2006, 05:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan
1 - When viewing a video file with no extra info (no description) in the top of the screen you get an area with the filename and below it another area for the description, wich in this case appears completly blank, is there a way to detect if there is no description to not display this area (if one is using VRM9 it is transparent, but if you are using overlay you get a black rectangle ontop of the video), I think that in the liveTV this doens't happen.
Hmm, strange that it doesn't do this for you. I have a few videos without description, and it only shows the title in a single line (see attached pic). Maybe there are empty lines in the description of your videos ?

Quote:
2 - In the My Videos, when you choose Play Another File, you get the standart SageTV3 menu, is it possible to change this to display the files in the My Videos menu, just like the imported Videos (so you can use the display settings).
You mean to use the SageMC-themed file selector dialog, right ? Yes, this can be easily changed

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg video.jpg (9.3 KB, 259 views)
Old 09-21-2006, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, that's actually the place I added .my file support for ...

Dirk
Works great on my server but it doesn't seem to be working on my client or when I play back videos off a DVD. I don't know if it matters, but I use UNC paths for my video import directories.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
At the top level I have some named folders and some with the year (1996, 1997... 2006). When it comes up each time as "sort by date", I see all of the folders with names and then only 1996 and 2006. The years in between are missing. If I switch to "Sort by Name" then I see the folders for the years in between. Also, 1996 is the only folder named by year that shows sample thumbnails on the folder icon. The other years show a blank folder. Any ideas?
I figured it out! It does not display any folders that have the same date as another folder. I created 1997-2005 on the same date, so it ignored them. I can redate the folders to get around that for now.

Quote:
Also, 1996 is the only folder named by year that shows sample thumbnails on the folder icon. The other years show a blank folder. Any ideas?
You were right. The folders that had pics in their top level showed sampled on the folder. That is fine. I can put my own samples in the top level that I want to see for that year.

My layout is basically:
year-dir
month-dir's
xxxxx.jpg's
Old 09-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Sage Icon

I've got an issue with show cover arts showing in the top info bar when viewing a recording. I thought at first it was related to the extension of the shows (.TS in this case) but its not. First a few photos of one that does work:

Looks good, but then another movie does this:

So why is the cover art missing on the last photo (Upper left corner, before detailed info is listed)? It should be there. I've tried it on 2 different clients, and same results. Ideas?

Both cover arts do exist on the drive, both are JPEG. Lara's is 94x140 pixels, and Crimson Tide's is 100x140. Not sure if the size makes any difference or not.

Last edited by Kirby; 09-21-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
So why is the cover art missing on the last photo? It should be there. I've tried it on 2 different clients, and same results. Ideas?
First I would like to find out if it's the jpg:

- rename the Crimson Tide.jpg (or whatever the name is) in the IMDBCache folder to Crimson Tide.jpg.bak
- make a copy of the Lara Coft jpg and rename this to Crimson Tide.jpg
- restart SageMC and play Crimson Tide again

and let me know if the other jpg shows up when playing the same video.

Dirk
Old 09-21-2006, 08:05 PM
Sage Icon

Well thats a problem. Neither of those images is in the IMDBCache directory. In fact, there are only 2 images in there total. I wonder if this has anything to do with that line I removed from the properties file a while back (per your suggestion) to get cover art working?

Just checked the settings, and the IMDBCache directory setting is blank (so it should use the default?) and if I try to select it, it doesnt even list that directory in the SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE directory, yet in windows explorer I can view it no problem.

Last edited by Kirby; 09-21-2006 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

My Pictures

I was wondering if there is a way in My Pictures to show just one picture on the face of the folder.
For example, I have about 10 main folders that each hold 3 or 4 subfolders. Right now they show 4 random pictures (the reason these pictures were chosen, I don't know) on the front of each. Like the folder for my neice. I just wanted one big picture of her on the front of the folder instead of 4 small ones.
Is there a way to do this?
Old 09-22-2006, 02:54 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Hmm, strange that it doesn't do this for you. I have a few videos without description, and it only shows the title in a single line (see attached pic). Maybe there are empty lines in the description of your videos ?
Using your picture as an example, I get the title of the file in one line, and then another rectangle right below the blue rectangle with the title (transparent in VRM9, black in overlay) completly blank, this file doens't have any description, it's a file I had here even before I instaled SageTV, infact, all my videos display this (those without any info by imdb).

Quote:
You mean to use the SageMC-themed file selector dialog, right ? Yes, this can be easily changed?
I mean, instead of opening a file dialog, show the hardrives in the container of the "imported videos" files, and on the left, in the menu bar, display something like - Play, Add to Queue, Show Queue, Up Directory, Cancel. The problem that I'm having is that the space is so small for the filenames, that I can't choose the correct file (20 files with the first 20 or 30 chars equal, like series episodes).

3rd sugestion - Can you make the .my files hidden??? like use the hidden attribute, so they don't show up in win explorer.

Keep up the great work
Old 09-22-2006, 04:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well thats a problem. Neither of those images is in the IMDBCache directory. In fact, there are only 2 images in there total. I wonder if this has anything to do with that line I removed from the properties file a while back (per your suggestion) to get cover art working?

Just checked the settings, and the IMDBCache directory setting is blank (so it should use the default?) and if I try to select it, it doesnt even list that directory in the SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE directory, yet in windows explorer I can view it no problem.
Yeah, I just found that the file dialog in the SageMC settings always browses the directory structure on the server, so thats why it doesnt list it ... Can you specify [...]\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\IMDBCache manually in SageClient.properties file (instead of empty) for imdb_cache_dir, and see if it makes a difference ?

Dirk
Old 09-22-2006, 04:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan
Using your picture as an example, I get the title of the file in one line, and then another rectangle right below the blue rectangle with the title (transparent in VRM9, black in overlay) completly blank, this file doens't have any description, it's a file I had here even before I instaled SageTV, infact, all my videos display this (those without any info by imdb).

I noticed the same thing. For me, it started after I changed the theme from blue two and back.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:46 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchacho
I noticed the same thing. For me, it started after I changed the theme from blue two and back.
I don't know about that since the first thing I did when I installed SageMC was change the theme to the black one (image follows). This is the theme I'm using, maybe the problem is in the theme??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SageMCTheme.jpg (47.0 KB, 236 views)
Old 09-22-2006, 05:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yeah, I just found that the file dialog in the SageMC settings always browses the directory structure on the server, so thats why it doesnt list it ... Can you specify [...]\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\IMDBCache manually in SageClient.properties file (instead of empty) for imdb_cache_dir, and see if it makes a difference ?

Dirk
didnt help. I manually put in the local directory on a client pc, and placed images there to change things around, nothing showed. on the server, the IMDBCache dir didnt even exist. So I created it there, and still nothing with files there, and the client setting removed. No more time to mess with it this morning.. Hopefully you will have more ideas for me when I get home
Old 09-22-2006, 07:22 AM
Sage User

Dirk,

concerning the black box when playing videos, I have a screenshot to show you exactly what is happening, also, if the file has a description, the description appears below the title, in the top box, and the black box continues to appear completly blank (and transparent in VRM9).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg video1.JPG (20.5 KB, 226 views)
Old 09-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Sage Icon

Sage Client randomly crashing after 'sleeping'

Dirk and anyone else,

Recently, my HTPC's Sage Client has been starting to crash after anywhere from 15-60 minutes after I tell it to sleep for the night. I've attached the JRE error file and the sage client log file if anyone would care to look. I dont know if this is related to SageMC STV that I am running, but last night I pretty much ruled out it being a plain JRE issue as I switched from 1.4.2_11 to 1.6.0_b99, and got the same thing (another crash after sleeping). Nothing on this machine had changed in terms of software or hardware, so thats why I am thinking it is SageMC related. If I had to put my finger on a date, or version of MC number, I would say it started around 6.11a, maybe about a week ago (at most). Prior to that, no issues. Would have posted about this earlier, but sometimes I exit out of Sage instead of sleeping it, and the next day, I usually dont remember which I did! I have JRE crash logs from 9-14, 9-20,21 and 22.

Sage log zipped because its 1.8MB in size, which only covers a 1 hour 10 minute span (I trimmed it to right before the point where I told Sage to sleep, as you will see in the log)

Ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: zip sageclient.zip (57.6 KB, 180 views)
File Type: txt hs_err_pid2980.txt (16.9 KB, 197 views)
Old 09-22-2006, 12:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Dirk and anyone else,

Recently, my HTPC's Sage Client has been starting to crash after anywhere from 15-60 minutes after I tell it to sleep for the night. I've attached the JRE error file and the sage client log file if anyone would care to look. I dont know if this is related to SageMC STV that I am running, but last night I pretty much ruled out it being a plain JRE issue as I switched from 1.4.2_11 to 1.6.0_b99, and got the same thing (another crash after sleeping). Nothing on this machine had changed in terms of software or hardware, so thats why I am thinking it is SageMC related. If I had to put my finger on a date, or version of MC number, I would say it started around 6.11a, maybe about a week ago (at most). Prior to that, no issues. Would have posted about this earlier, but sometimes I exit out of Sage instead of sleeping it, and the next day, I usually dont remember which I did! I have JRE crash logs from 9-14, 9-20,21 and 22.

Sage log zipped because its 1.8MB in size, which only covers a 1 hour 10 minute span (I trimmed it to right before the point where I told Sage to sleep, as you will see in the log)

Ideas?
You might want to try switching to the default STV and seeing if it happens there too.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Sage Icon

I'll try it right now, and just let it sit sleeping while I am at work. Didnt think about that before!
Old 09-22-2006, 12:22 PM
SageTVaholic

FWIW - I don't know if it is related, I was having issues as well from the beginning of this week. Windows was bombing out, and my HD tuners went offline (they were suddenly unable to receive signal). I rebuilt my Sage server last night and had to do a channel scan on both tuners to get the back online. Pretty clean install now. I dropped my java back to 1.4.2_12 from 1.6.99.

BTW - To have your tuners go offline during season premier week is no fun when the wife starts missing shows!

B
Closed Thread