SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
...a little problem with imported videos...

After reverting back from SageMC to the default SageTV3.xml, all the titles of the imported videos are gone. Instead of the title, now i have the IMDB tagline displayed as a title.
Will this be too messy to fix?
Old 12-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
The only way to fix this is to change the IMDB code in SageMC accordingly, but this would screw up all existing video info for SageMC users.
I see... Well, isn't it really easily fot them to reimport the IMDB info after you fix it?
Old 12-28-2006, 06:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
When I disabled the update music queue setting it stopped skipping tracks.. thanks

ALL of my tracks have the incorrect time.... so should I still send you one?
Did you check your PMs ?

Dirk
Old 12-28-2006, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patilan
I see... Well, isn't it really easily fot them to reimport the IMDB info after you fix it?
Depends...
If you have to manually do the IMDB lookup for several hundred videos again, I'm not too sure about that

Maybe we need a poll...

Dirk
Old 12-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Depends...
If you have to manually do the IMDB lookup for several hundred videos again, I'm not too sure about that

Maybe we need a poll...
Does it have to be a manual lookup? Is there any way the whole rescan be done with one mouse click? I haven't used sMC before, and I have a few hundred movies on my disks... I somewhat imagined that getting the IMDB info for all of them won't require such big manual effort.

Patilan
Old 12-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Sage Icon

Dirk.

I know it's a nitpick (knitpick?), but could the text in the ticker be centered in the ticker pane? If I select a small font (10pt), the text appears top vertical, instead of center vertical.

Also, another thing that would make it even cooler, would be to have it scroll vertically, instead of horizontally, and kind of fade in and out as it rotated (basically, without horizontal scrolling, as it can be done now, and then rotate the feeds vertically, if that makes since?).

I don't know if you saw it (probably did, as you read things pretty carefully), but the lookahead setting for the diskbar does not apply to the "Next 'xx' Hours:" when displayed. I have it set to 72 hours, and it still shows, "Next 48 Hours:"

One last thing, in the music section, when I view by album, I'm viewing 3 rows by 4 columns, on a 16x9 display. The selection box (the outlining portion around the album coverart), is so thin, that it's hard to tell what is selected. Is this because of the way I have the "Display" settings? If not, wonder if there is a way to increase the boarder just a slight amount?

Thanks again for a great release. Love the new features.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Dirk.

I know it's a nitpick (knitpick?), but could the text in the ticker be centered in the ticker pane? If I select a small font (10pt), the text appears top vertical, instead of center vertical.
Will change this

Quote:
Also, another thing that would make it even cooler, would be to have it scroll vertically, instead of horizontally, and kind of fade in and out as it rotated (basically, without horizontal scrolling, as it can be done now, and then rotate the feeds vertically, if that makes since?).
I'll look into this, but no promises...

Quote:
I don't know if you saw it (probably did, as you read things pretty carefully), but the lookahead setting for the diskbar does not apply to the "Next 'xx' Hours:" when displayed. I have it set to 72 hours, and it still shows, "Next 48 Hours:"
Yep, will fix this one too

Quote:
One last thing, in the music section, when I view by album, I'm viewing 3 rows by 4 columns, on a 16x9 display. The selection box (the outlining portion around the album coverart), is so thin, that it's hard to tell what is selected. Is this because of the way I have the "Display" settings? If not, wonder if there is a way to increase the boarder just a slight amount?
I assume you have one of Mike's selection bars installed, right ? If so, you have to disable the 'Use Scaling Insets' setting (the scaling inset functionality does not seem to play nice with these large graphics)

Dirk
Old 12-28-2006, 08:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patilan
Does it have to be a manual lookup? Is there any way the whole rescan be done with one mouse click? I haven't used sMC before, and I have a few hundred movies on my disks... I somewhat imagined that getting the IMDB info for all of them won't require such big manual effort.

Patilan
The thing is that IMDB lookups return more than one match in most cases. Well, it is usually the top entry that is correct, but not always. Adding a 'shortcut' that optimistically chooses and saves the first entry would reduce the number of selection steps from 3 to 1. But automating the scan for the whole library would face another problem - not all videos will have info from IMDB (I e.g. have also a lot of foreign avi videos where I edited the titles manually), and an automated lookup would screw those up as well...

I might be able to provide some automated 'migration' code that will swap the field contents for all videos, I'll have to look into that

Dirk
Old 12-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

News Ticker

You know, I just don't get it, or am probably missing something (as usual).

I can see using the news ticker for sports scores, or something that keeps updating but after trying it, well, as I said, I just don't get it.
I got feeds from several news agencies, got it going and all I get are headlines....

Like '3 people killed in expolsion', 'Tainted spinich is making people sick'.... that's fine but it sure would be nice to have a bit of content rather than just headlines..... tell me a little about the explosion...or the spinich....
Sure, I can click on the headline and it opens the browser but who can read it or control it without a mouse? (my remote has mouse control on it, but still, the print is sooo small and I don't want to use the mouse...it's wrong)..

I guess that's why there is the option to disable it too....

On the IMBD lookup.. it works fine the way it is and I can't image someone wanting to go back to the stock UI. BUT, if (for the future and the betterment of all) you need to change the fields it would probably be better to do it now before we all have another 200 movies to look up. (after all it isn't that hard to do (looking up the IMBD) just bad for the carpel tunnel)..

That's my 2 cents...
-JD

BTW, thanks for all the fixes and work done here, without it we would be stuck in a blue screen somwhere....
Old 12-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
I can't image someone wanting to go back to the stock UI.
I can give you an example of such someone: Me. Being so used to the default UI, I am not yet totally hooked on SageMC, but I am sure that it will eventually grow on me. For the moment though, I just loved the idea to be able to fetch IMDB info for the movies that I have.

So my vote on this matter is obviously not impartial. But that aside, it will be better for the long run to fix this sooner rather than later.

Thanks.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

New user here.
I followed all the instructions in the first post, and all seems to be working, apart from one thing.

I can use the mouse to select a menu option, and when I click it I get the green highlight, but it wont select it, so I am stuck at the first menu. I have tried using the cursors and return, but still no joy.

Thanks.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgley
Hi,

New user here.
I followed all the instructions in the first post, and all seems to be working, apart from one thing.

I can use the mouse to select a menu option, and when I click it I get the green highlight, but it wont select it, so I am stuck at the first menu. I have tried using the cursors and return, but still no joy.

Thanks.
  1. Which SageTV / SageMC versions are you using ?
  2. Can you enable debug logging and post the logs ?
Dirk
Old 12-29-2006, 10:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
all seems to be working
LOL, I'd say that if you are stuck in the main menu, you are far from that! But, anyway, welcome to SageMC.

So are you saying that even with the arrow keys and the Enter key, you cannot get anywhere past the main menu? If that is the case, it's sounding more and more like it's not installed correctly.

You did a base install (or I think it's called, full install) of 6.3.1, right?

Hmm...I just checked the installation instructions on the first post. I think they need to be updated, now that flachbar (Dirk) does his own "base" install package. In other words, if you want the latest and greatest, then you do not need to install mlbdude's base install package.

You can replace the first setup by installing the base package from flachbar:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=141

Since this is the latest version, you can also skip the development version (step 2), but for reference, usually there are some development versions before he updates the base install, so if you say, needed 6.3.2 (by the way, this doesn't exist as of this post), you would go here to get that:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=139

I'd try installing everything again, making sure SageTV is shut down, including the service, if you are using it.

Good luck!

Dirk's too fast! Oh, yeah, would help to know if you are using SageTV V5 or older, or V6. SageMC 6.13 was the last version that worked with V5 and older.

Last edited by geogecko; 12-29-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Dirk's too fast!
Yeah, though your post was probably more helpful

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll try to update the install instructions in the first post asap...

Dirk
Old 12-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Sage Icon

Not a problem, I have a temporary installation instruction in my signature!

Hey! You just recently passed me in posts! Dang. Guess I need to post more.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry, forgot to put sage version, which is 6, just downloaded.
I download the package on the first link, and installed it on a client.
Same problem, no ability to select a menu option, so I am not sure how to turn debug on.
I need to edit the properties file to get back to the orginal stv to get it working.

Edit:
Strange, I can choose the power icon in the top left and close sage correctly; very werid

Last edited by edgley; 12-29-2006 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Sage Icon

Debug instructions are in the first post.

I'd try a reinstall of SageMC, using the first link in my signature. That is the latest and greatest. Make sure and install it "Using Folder Names," so that everything makes it to the right place.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Hi Paul,

do you still have this problem ? So when you select one of the menu items on the 'My Menu' page, nothing happens ? Do the items on the main menu page work ?

Dirk
Dirk:

Yes, can't seem to get any menu items from within My Menu to work. If I use Custom1, Custom2 etc with the same Internal/External items everthing works.
I just tried upgrading java to the latest version but that didn't help.

Thanks;
Old 12-29-2006, 03:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi B,

well, as mentioned before (e.g. here) this is caused by the new views in SageTV 6.0 now using the 'Episode' field for the title. The only way to fix this is to change the IMDB code in SageMC accordingly, but this would screw up all existing video info for SageMC users. Not sure if this would make everyone happy ...

Dirk
Thanks, too much activity in the thread to keep everything sorted properly. So.. while I would love to use SageMC for everything, it seems to bog down MVPs and PS users.

I guess we need to find a way to convert the existing MC info to the new format? Is all the data stored in XML format somewhere? I am assuming a script could be written to read in the old and spit out the new. If you could provide an example of both, I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

TIA

B
Old 12-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy Black Screen after installing SageMC Customization

I just tried to install the SageMC Customization using the latest production SageTV build and wound up with a "black screen."

Not sure why this happened or how to work around it. Any feedback is appreciated.

I am running SageTV as a service under Windows XP Media Center.

Regards,
Rob

HP Media Center m390n, P4 2.4GHz, NVidia GeForce 5600 FX, Hauppauge PVR-250 PCI II, NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder, Microsoft Windows Media Center PC 2005, 1GB RAM, (2) 600MB HD, Motorola DCT5000 STB, USB-UIRT, Time-Warner Digital Cable
Closed Thread