SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Did you guys ever notice the following in the music library: when you select a song which brings up the onscreen options menu for the very first time, the menu does not appear, only after using the up/down keys the menu options become visible. After that, it appears to be ok ...

Wondered if this only happens on my machine, since I've never seen this been reported before.

Dirk
I think that is similar to what we are talking about...
Old 06-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Movie Theater Times is now available for SageMC! I had posted a copy of the import in the MovieTimes Movie Listing forum

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&postcount=228

Now that the Web Radio had a major upgrade today I need to see if I can redo that one for SageMC again!

Old 06-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Sage Icon

Umm....

Thank you very much!!! I've been waiting for this to happen. I'll be trying this out, hopefully by mid week. So, I assume, we just use this file to import, instead of the one in the zip file for the download on the main page from aperry, right?
Old 06-18-2006, 10:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Another great addition to SageMC! Thanks Morgan

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 06-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Umm....

Thank you very much!!! I've been waiting for this to happen. I'll be trying this out, hopefully by mid week. So, I assume, we just use this file to import, instead of the one in the zip file for the download on the main page from aperry, right?
Yes, if you setup the installation as he has it laid out, but use this import, it should work just like the original. I set it up on a client which takes a little more care, but if you follow the advice given in the forum regarding UNC paths and .NET security settings it should work.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:06 AM
Sage Icon

Morgan, so do we have to download and extract the files in the original import as well? It seems your download only has the import .xml while the original movietimes import has additional files.
thanks,
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 06-19-2006, 05:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Morgan, so do we have to download and extract the files in the original import as well? It seems your download only has the import .xml while the original movietimes import has additional files.
thanks,
JUC
Yep, I'm pretty sure this is correct. The original import has a lot more things to install.

flachbar, any luck getting this import as an included part of the SageMC STV, so that all that is required is installing the support files?

Edit. Oops, I forgot, please?
Old 06-19-2006, 06:22 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
thanks,
JUC
JUC, Yes aperry's download has the external movie program application, a pdf instruction file and his stv import. Download that and then import our modified import instead of the one in his original. The other thing that you may need to download is the .NET installation that he references on his download page.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Yep, I'm pretty sure this is correct. The original import has a lot more things to install.

flachbar, any luck getting this import as an included part of the SageMC STV, so that all that is required is installing the support files?

Edit. Oops, I forgot, please?
Hi geogecko,

I am hesitant to do this for two reasons:
  1. I don't want to 'bloat' the STV unnecessarily, especially for features not everyone will use. Every added menu will increase the number of widgets and finally the memory the STV needs. It will not make any noticeable difference now, but if we keep adding this and that and ... it might finally become a problem.
  2. Whenever the plugin will get updated, I will have to redo the changes in the SageMC STV.
Since you have to install the base package anyway, I don't think the additional import step should hurt too much. Maybe we can get aperry to include the SageMC import file into his zip file to have everything together.

Dirk
Old 06-19-2006, 07:31 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah, I agree. I thought about that on the way to work this morning, because that was how mlbdude was, about adding this and that. Only if it was mainly a stand alone feature, and one that most people liked.

The import isn't that hard to do, from what I understand, setting up everything else is what takes the most work.

I'm still going to go for it, as it's one I've been waiting on for a while now.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

If you are looking for the new and improved WebRadio 1.0 (for SageMC), I posted it under the WebRadio thread here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...3&postcount=72

The new features added by Koelec are great!

Old 06-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Sage Icon

Morgan--this looks great! I cant' wait until this works on the MVP so i can try it out (if ever).

is there anyway that someone can work up installation instructions for the movie theater plugin? I'm having trouble getting that item to show up. I currently do not use My Menu--and am not completely sure what it does other than a dynamic menu (if that is even it). I basically just want it to look like the screenshots posted on the previous page with the button shown in the My Videos section.
Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 06-20-2006, 10:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Morgan111, you are very talented; and, because of your recent beautiful work, I'm certain there will be people more motivated to switch to SageMC. SageMC is such a clean interface!

The main reason I haven't switched to SageMC is because of how weak the program guide is compared to the one I use/made. With your talent, is it possible to update SageMC to have a much more information-rich and attractive program guide? I would switch in a heartbeat if the program guide for sageMC could be updated.

See the difference...

SageMC Program Guide

Mkanet Program Guide:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
If you are looking for the new and improved WebRadio 1.0 (for SageMC), I posted it under the WebRadio thread here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...3&postcount=72

The new features added by Koelec are great!

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 06-21-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
See the difference...

SageMC Program Guide

Mkanet Program Guide:
No, I can't, the links are password-protected ...

Dirk
Old 06-20-2006, 10:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Oops.. my bad

Quote:
No, I can't, the links are password-protected ...

Dirk

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-20-2006, 10:41 AM

I think the SageMC guide looks much better than that . However, I would certainly up the column and row count in SageMC. I use 8 rows and 5 columns with a font of 12 with channel icons enabled.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!

Last edited by mlbdude; 06-20-2006 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Actually, I was trying to show that the detailed information is already visible when navigating through the Programs. I didn't do anything custom in respect to the adding columns/rows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I think the SageMC guide looks much better than that . However, I would certainly up the column and row count in SageMC. I use 8 rows and 5 columns with a font of 12 with channel icons enabled.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-20-2006, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Actually, I was trying to show that the detailed information is already visible when navigating through the Programs. I didn't do anything custom in respect to the adding columns/rows...
Problem with that is it would affect the readability of what is there now. However, you could easily change that yourself in Studio.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 06-20-2006, 10:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The main reason I haven't switched to SageMC is because of how weak the program guide is compared to the one I use/made. With your talent, is it possible to update SageMC to have a much more information-rich and attractive program guide? I would switch in a heartbeat if the program guide for sageMC could be updated.
I agree that your guide shows more info, but for a fair comparison one should configure the SageMC guide accordingly, this here looks more like it and isn't really that weak any more in my opinion ... :

Edit: Oops, crossposted with mlbdude, sorry ...

Dirk
Old 06-20-2006, 11:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Dirk, that looks a lot better now!! I had no idea you could configure it that way!

..just a quick question, is it possible to have sageMC display TV in the background in all the menus? If that can be done as well, I'm going to definately try SageMC this weekend!

PS: Does sageMC also have HD icons as well?

Quote:
I agree that your guide shows more info, but for a fair comparison one should configure the SageMC guide accordingly, this here looks more like it and isn't really that weak any more in my opinion ... :

Edit: Oops, crossposted with mlbdude, sorry ...

Dirk

***RIP SageTV***
Closed Thread