SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 05-05-2006, 08:07 AM
Sage User

XMLTV - Channel ID Remap & tv_sort queries

I would like to doublecheck on the following
my epgdata.xml has <channel id= 101> tags (this is an example) all set like this.
Tried Importing with different plug-ins into clean SageTV (V5) installs, and SageTV will always number the channels from 2 to 100.
Will I always have to remap the channels first time around in SageTV.
(OK StephaneM's plugin will do this, but I have to change them on the grid there anyway, so more or less the same amount of editing anyway).

Also some of the how-to's on the forum point to using xmltv tv_sort to sort xml files, pre-import to SageTV, and I wonder is this any longer necessary, as SAGE EPG GUI will do chanel sorting instanteously.

Thx...
Old 05-05-2006, 08:19 AM
SageTVaholic

tv_sort is necessary if your xmltv data does not contain stop times for each program -- this field is required by most of the plug-ins, and will be added by tv_sort...

Some of the importers use a numeric channel <display-name> to get the channel number, others use the ID. (off hand, I cannot remember which ones)

Normally the channel ID field in XMLTV should be used for a unique domain-name-style channel reference (such as bbc1.bbc.co.uk, or raiuno.rai.it), not for the channel number (which may vary from location to location)