SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Post v5 release notes

For those of you who have been following the beta progress, here are the changes from release candidate v4.1.14 to the official v5.0.1 release:

SageTV V5.0.1 Release Notes 4/25/2006

Core Updates
1. Fixed thumbnail generation (regression error in 4.1.14)
2. Fixed support for ID3 tags on non-audio files
3. Changed return type of MediaFileMetadataExtractor plugin to be Object so it's return type is not obfuscated
4. Fixed bug where using merit settings for encoders would prompt unnecessarily on channel changes
5. Fixed bug where the Power command wouldn't work on MCE remotes when SageTV was asleep.
6. Fixed bug where the MCE remote wouldn't work anymore after waking SageTV up and it was not in the system tray
7. Fixed WM tag parsing so that it doesn't put video files in the music lib's data
8. If the Locator public/private keys are lost then the GUID for the Placeshifter must be reset (which is now done automatically)
9. Fixed bug where SageTV could hang when being woken out of the system tray

Extender Updates
1. Fixed bug on MVP where seeking or changing the play rate resets the mute state
2. Fixed issues with VOB transcoding audio/video sync

Studio Updates
1. Added automatic saving of the STV XML file every 3 minutes (configurable in a property studio/autosave_interval). It uses the same file path plus the .bak extension
2. Added new API call AddAiringDetailed which allows creating Airings that have all of the same fields as ones created internally by SageTV (i.e. HDTV flag, music track number, etc).

Placeshifter Updates
1. Updated UPnP code to unregister the discovery listener at shutdown
2. Updated UPnP code to handle error cases better (fixes issues with UPnP not working all the time on some routers)

STV Updates
1. Enabled new Dash command to work when NTE is active.
2. During searches when NTE is active, search result updates are delayed until a character is added to the search text.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks for that Andy. I did not see anything about the "*" OSD keyboard thing not working just recently pointed out.

DFA
Old 04-25-2006, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
4. Fixed bug where using merit settings for encoders would prompt unnecessarily on channel changes
Yahooo, have been waiting for this for a long time ...

Sorry if I missed this somewhere else, but whats the best way to upgrade from the latest beta, simply install over it, or do a clean uninstall/reinstall ?

Thanks,
Dirk
Old 04-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Sage Expert

Install over existing installation. Be sure to check path in install dialog that it matches your current install location. See Opus4 "Sticky" at top of this forum for more details: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16602

DFA
Old 04-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFA
Thanks for that Andy. I did not see anything about the "*" OSD keyboard thing not working just recently pointed out.
You mean on the Keyword Favorite creation menu, right? It isn't listed because it didn't make it into this release. But, a download for the sagetv3.xml file that has it is included in the Studio Information Resources. (shhh... don't tell anyone, but that one will also correctly launch the PDF manual from the Help menu. Those are the only 2 changes that newer STV has.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Sorry if I missed this somewhere else, but whats the best way to upgrade from the latest beta, simply install over it, or do a clean uninstall/reinstall ?
See this post.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hmmm, I also do not see a fix for bug related to timeline/FF/REW in large shows, often showing up in hockey games.
see http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=17458
This seems to be more common with folks, and it may just be me, but I think this is pretty basic to the functionality of a PVR.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Sage Expert

Wow. You guys have been busy little beavers updating all this stuff. I have downloaded STV you referenced (5.0.2). Thanks. (yea, it was the "Favorites OSD '*'" functionality I was refering to).

EDIT: Oops. I thoght it had downloaded but seems to be a problem:

I am getting the following error:

XML Parsing Error: unclosed token
Line Number 11176, Column 8:

It comes up with different error each time I hit "Stop"

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 04-25-2006 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Right click & choose "Save Target As...", otherwise the browser tries to load the xml file in the browser. I just tried to download it & use it w/o a problem.

- Andy
Old 04-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Core Updates
2. Fixed support for ID3 tags on non-audio files

Its better, it does read the "title" info now, but the listings show up in the root of the "import videos" not in th proper subfolder.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks Andy.

I failed to read the instructional note just above the download link. DOH! Knee jerked on that one.

DFA
Old 04-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFA
I failed to read the instructional note just above the download link. DOH! Knee jerked on that one.
Good... but I probably shouldn't mention that I added that download clarification just a minute or so ago.

- Andy
Old 04-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Sage Expert

Even w/o the instructional comment, I should have understood the reason for the error: it would have clued me in if I'd thought about it a minute. But good to know I was not totally unobservant!

DFA
Old 04-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Sage Icon

I just removed all my import directories, refreshed (made sure they were gone), and re-imported...not seeing any problems yet. Before I did that, I kept seeing the old videos in album section problem...so try removing and re-importing.

P
Old 04-25-2006, 05:19 PM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
2. Added new API call AddAiringDetailed which allows creating Airings that have all of the same fields as ones created internally by SageTV (i.e. HDTV flag, music track number, etc).
How to make use of this (especially for the HDTV flag) with an XMLTV Import plugin?

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

It's documented in the online API docs: AddAiringDetailed
Old 04-25-2006, 06:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick
It's documented in the online API docs
Thanks. Though I don't think this method is available through the "sage.EPGDBPublic" interface we receive in XMLTV Plugin (as for today we call the "addAiringPublic" on this interface).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:34 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't know much about XMLTV or EPG plugins in general, but any documented API should be accessible through sage.SageTV.api() calls. E.g.:

Code:
Object airing = sage.SageTV.api("AddAiringDetailed", 
  new Object[]{
    "showID",       // ShowExternalID
    0,              // StationID
    start,          // StartTime
    duration,       // Duration
    track,          // PartNumber
    0,              // TotalParts
    "",             // ParentalRating
    false,          // HDTV
    true,           // Stereo
    false,          // ClosedCaptioning
    false,          // SAP
    false,          // Subtitle
    ""              // PremierFinale
    });
Old 04-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
5. Fixed bug where the Power command wouldn't work on MCE remotes when SageTV was asleep.
Anyone confirm whether or not this means that using TGB on the MCE remote Sage is supposed to wake when Sage is in the system tray or is that my wishful thinking?
Old 04-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Sage Icon

BTW. I just installed 5.0.1 from 4.1.11 tonight. It appears, that at some point, the problem where the HD audio would stutter, until you paused it for at least 1 second has gone away.

NICE JOB GUYS!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriber
Anyone confirm whether or not this means that using TGB on the MCE remote Sage is supposed to wake when Sage is in the system tray or is that my wishful thinking?
The "Power" command is a "Sleep Toggle" in Sage. What was happening was that one press would sleep Sage, but the second one wouldn't wake it back up. It does what you want it to do, but can't be mapped to TGB...which goes to the Main Menu.

P