SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Linux Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Linux. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Linux should be posted here.

Old 04-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Sage User

MVP Crashes

After leaving the mvp on for about 2 hours or so it will lock up and i would have to reset it by disconnecting the power. it would usually freeze when i either make a selection from sage recordings or just moving through the menus. another thing i noticed is that sometimes after i reset the mvp after freezing, it sometimes comes back really choppy. the audio is perfect but the video will pause for about a second every 10 or so seconds. in order to resolve that i usually have to reset the mvp again. sometimes even a third time before i can get it working again. i never have these problems with the pc client. If anyone could help me it would be so awsome.

i'm running the latest linux version on a PIII 850 512mb 320gb. mode 0

are these specs good enough? i know that its far from top of the line but i think it should be able to handle 2 clients in mode 0 right? let me know if i'm wrong and what i need to get this running smoothly. thanks
Old 04-17-2006, 02:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to _Demo_
You could try to use a more recent mvp.bin. You can use the one from the windows version latest beta. Let me know if it fix the issue.

_Demo_
Old 04-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Tue 4/18 1:22:36.077 Error calling finishWatch from VF goodbye:java.lang.NullPoi
nterException
Tue 4/18 1:23:31.021 Error calling finishWatch from VF goodbye:java.lang.NullPoi
nterException

i just get a constantly rebooting mvp with the error above noted on the server
Old 05-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Sage User

I have updated the mvp.bin and still having problems
Old 05-09-2006, 06:36 PM

Please post a little more info

I have a media player that seems to work fine with SageTV under Linux, although I did have similar problems running the media player with standard issue Hauppauge software and Windows.

I use a wireless bridge at 54 Mbps, and not much traffic on the network. Whenever the network was busy, the media player would end up disconnecting itself under Windows. With Linux and SageTV, it has not yet disconnected.