SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Sage Icon

TV Buttons For Remote Question

Okay - I finally figured out the why my directv remote was not controlling the VolUp and VolDn and it was simply because I had not programmed the remote to any TV so the buttons were just sending the same codes.

But - that now leads me to yet one more (but simpler) question. what buttons on the remote if any do you all use to control the TV rather than Sage? Besides the power on/off button do you use the Volume and/or Mute button to control the TV volume or the computer volume? Why one over the other or does it matter? I'm thinking that if you use the volume to control the TV and not the computer then you will see the graphic volume bar on the TV which might be helpful.

Are there any standards of the buttons you all like to use for the TV and not sage besides the power?

Finally - Would I link the STOP command in Sage to the TV/Power button if I want to stop sending data to the workstation; is that the best command to use so when they turn off the TV, the file server no longer records data?

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 04-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Sage Icon

I use S/PDIF out, so my volume controls my Logitech Z-680's.

P
Old 04-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Sage Icon

But since we have a choice wouldn't it make more sense to have the volume control the TV and not the computer?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-06-2006, 04:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961
But since we have a choice wouldn't it make more sense to have the volume control the TV and not the computer?

Thanks,
Mike
I control the TV's volumn. I have the computer's volumn set so that it's at the same level as the TV's tuner so if I switch between Sage and the tv's there is no difference.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:54 AM
Sage Icon

Now *that's* a good idea! When I go to the desktop to play something in Media Player Classic, I'm always changing the voulume. Good one, blade.

P