SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:23 PM

Question servername for MVP bootp behavior changed in 4.1.12

I have been struggling with my MediaMVP trying to upgrade from the 4.1.3 release to the beta, first 4.1.10 and then 4.1.12. After upgrading, the MediaMVP would not initiate the tftp transfer. When I downgraded back, it worked again...

After messing with Ethereal and then enabling debug, what I figured out was that the SageTV server was picking up the IP address from a different network adapter. I have VMWare installed on my PC, and with the beta versions it is picking up the address of one of the VMWare network adapters, and was thus sending the bootp reply out on a different network adapter than the one that had the request, with an address that is on a different subnet and thus unreachable by the MediaMVP.

To get past this, I disabled the VMWare network adapters, then started the SageTV service, then booted up the MediaMVP, then reenabled the VMWare network adapters.

Is there some way to specify the network adapter, or the servername IP address so I don't have to go through this whenever I reboot my PC?
Old 04-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Try adjusting the binding order so that the real adapter is at the top.

(Assuming XP):
- Start/Settings/Control-Panel
- <Right-Click on>NetworkConnections/<Select>Open
- Advanced/Advanced Settings
- Select 'Adapters and Bindings' tab
- Click on the 'real' Adapter in the 'Connections' box and move it to the top if it's not already there.

Andy.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:22 PM

Good thought... I checked and my "real" adapter was at the top. Interestingly, the adapter it had picked up the address from was last on the list.

I'm recording some stuff tonight, so haven't tried moving adapters around the list to see what effect it will have, since I didn't want to stop the service.

I still don't get why the behavior is different in the betas I've tried (2.4.10 and later) than it was in 2.4.3...