SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
FYI, Java 1.5 is now bundled with the SageTV installer (it has been for a few versions).
Good to know, thanks. Is it 1.05_06?

B
Old 04-05-2006, 02:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Placeshifting seems to work for DivX/Xivd videos over the internet now too... set to dynamic streaming and the sound sync is perfect (using manual streaming the sync is off).

When it starts, it's very pixelated but gets better as it plays. It gets better faster if I use the mouse to go to another part of the video for some reason. Anyway, it's pretty watchable.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro
The audio st-st-stutter on channel change seems to be fixed. I channel uped, previous channeled, and bounced around with JB's MiniGuide...didn't get a single stutter.

P
Dis-regard...it's still happening randomly. I wonder if Sage can program in a configurable (or native) "Mute On Channel Change" setting for 100 or so milliseconds?

P
Old 04-06-2006, 07:53 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
Its not that Java 1.5 is hard to find. AFAIK, 1.5=5.0 in Javaspeak. Don't know about 6.0.

The reason I inquired about if I should upgrade to 1.5 was that Sage states it requires "Java Runtime Environment 1.4 or higher available freely from Sun Microsystems. ". And the last I heard, 1.4 is what is bundled in the install packages. So, you would think that they design with 1.4 in mind.

However, 2 or 3 bugs lately have slipped by with 1.4 not being compatable. So, if the programmers are using 1.5 in designing, then unfortunately more of these bugs could pop up when there is a coding dfference between 1.4 and 1.5.

It seems that the best best will be to upgrade to 1.5 and let all the other guys on those occasional 1.4 issues.
Well, for me Jave 1.50.6 was an absolute nightmare. Kept getting playback exceptions and unable to access filesystem errors, Had to reboot 1-2 times per day and the WAF was zero. It's only just climbing back up (the WAF).
Old 04-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Sage Icon

I've found that a lot of playback exceptions are decoder setup dependant. Once I set up Windows to default to the preferred decoders itself, and set Sage to all "Defaults"...Sage has been flawless in this regard. Not saying it *isn't* Java, but it's something to look at.

P
Old 04-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've found that a lot of playback exceptions are decoder setup dependant. Once I set up Windows to default to the preferred decoders itself, and set Sage to all "Defaults"...Sage has been flawless in this regard. Not saying it *isn't* Java, but it's something to look at.

P
Yep, and remember that it defaults to what Sage installs, every time you upgrade...wish this was selectable, instead of forced.

Problem is, it took forever to find out that it was installing Sage, that was changing my nvDVD decoder in WMP to AC3, but it only changes after a reboot!!!
Old 04-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Sage Icon

Roger that. Step 1. "Prefer Other Decoder" You shouldn't have to re-boot for the change though??? I agree, there should be a box in the setup for whether or not you want AC3 Filter installed.

P
Old 04-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Sage User

well im glad to tell that i can finnally achieve my proyect of recording 24/7 20 channels in pal n combo with 5 pc using wintv pvr 500mce it been recording 4 daysn nonstop i have try all of the software that i can google i found like 10 but only 5 of them where multi tuner, i wanna ask in this new beta had it been fixed the issue about the stand by thing????? because apart from that is running smoothly
the only bug is when it reaches the capacity assigned b sage it reboot the pc
but well i try to don let that happend
my configuration is

msi k8n neo 4f
corsair xms 1024
300gb hd
3 hauppage wintv pvr 500mce driver WinTV-PVR-150 driver version 20_35_23348 and also the beta version
radeon x700 128mb ddr3
Old 04-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Roger that. Step 1. "Prefer Other Decoder" You shouldn't have to re-boot for the change though??? I agree, there should be a box in the setup for whether or not you want AC3 Filter installed.

P
No, no reboot after the change, however, if you do not go in and "Prefer Other Decoder" and just continue life as normal, it's the next time you reboot, that it actually changes it to "Prefer AC3 Filter."
Old 04-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

No VOB audio on MVP with change to 4.1.12

I upgraded to 4.1.12 from 4.1.11 the other night and found that my MVP would then only play 1-2 seconds of sound when watching a VOB file. This is a real bummer considering how well 4.1.11 was working for me. I tried 4.1.11 again and got the sound back. I installed 4.1.12 again, enabled debug logging and tried again - no sound .

I have submitted a bug report and have once again reverted back to 4.1.11.

Anyone else tried VOB files on the MVP with 4.1.12 yet? What I get is fine VOB video playback on the MVP but only the 1 to 2 seconds of sound before it goes silent. If I rewind, the sound will play again for 1-2 seconds then go away. It works the same way at any point in the VOB file (rewind and get a couple of seconds of sound).

hmm...maybe I could watch "Groundhog Day" and not notice all the rewinding .
Old 04-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Sage User

New to placeshifting

I have installed the placeshifter client on my laptop 2 days ago and installed the Sage server beta 4.1.12 on my server today and I am getting a message that the trial period has expired when I launch the placeshifter. What did I do wrong? My server is licensed and I have a Media Extender license.

Also do I need to install the Sage Client on my laptop to remotely watch recorded shows from my hotel room in addition to the placeshifter? Do I need to start the placeshifter before the client? The client setup is prompting me for a server address: what should I enter? As you can see I don't really understand how these pieces fit together.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois Parent
I have installed the placeshifter client on my laptop 2 days ago and installed the Sage server beta 4.1.12 on my server today and I am getting a message that the trial period has expired when I launch the placeshifter. What did I do wrong? My server is licensed and I have a Media Extender license.
Are you also using an MVP extender? If so, the PS & MVP both use the same license. If you oly have 1 license and the MVP is on, then the PS client won't be able to connect, and vice-versa. Turn the MVP off before trying to use the PS client. (Or get a 2nd license if you want to be able to use both at the same time.)

BTW: an extender license is not the same as a client license, in case you are wondering that too.

Quote:
Also do I need to install the Sage Client on my laptop to remotely watch recorded shows from my hotel room in addition to the placeshifter?
No, you do not need to also install the client in order to use the Placeshifter.

Quote:
The client setup is prompting me for a server address: what should I enter?
You would enter the address of the server on the local network. The Placeshifter would be intended for use when connecting to your home SageTV server while away from home.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Do you have a MPV/Media extender? If it's still turned on, then that's using the license. One connection per license. So you need to turn MVP off if you want to use placeshifter.

Quote:
Also do I need to install the Sage Client on my laptop to remotely watch recorded shows from my hotel room in addition to the placeshifter? Do I need to start the placeshifter before the client? The client setup is prompting me for a server address: what should I enter? As you can see I don't really understand how these pieces fit together.
For your server, you need to go to setup-->advance
1. "media Extender & placeshifte server" - set to enable.
2. "manage placeshifter Users" - add a user and set the password.
3. "placeshifter locator ID" - view you locator ID. Copy it down on a piece of paper for using on your Placeshifter.

For your laptop, all you need are the files inside the zip file in this post:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...888#post142888

You don't need the full client. Just put all those files from that zip file into a folder and make a shortcut for "SageTVPlaceshifter.exe"
(or you can use the Placeshifter installer from the first post in this thread)

Start place shifter, click add server info. This is where you put the locator ID.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Oh yeah, Placeshifter is great so far... still needs the "always on top" feature though.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:46 AM
Sage Expert

Bug:
My MVP on close (stopping) a file typically suffers from an extended pause ... 30 seconds or up to a minute in some cases.

Enhancement question:
Also, is there any way to have the MVP 'cache' more of the menus?
Old 04-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having an issue with both of my MediaMVP's now. This has been happening sine 4.1.11 and is still happening with 4.1.12, before those, it worked flawlessly. Now when playing any video or livetv the video on the MVP stutters every 3 seconds.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

P
Ok, this is a dumb question considering I've been a PC tech for 17 years now...but where on earth do you tell Windows to default to a specific decoder? Or did I misunderstand what you were saying?
Old 04-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Sage Icon

The Windows default decoder is usually the one last installed unless I am mistaken.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

You can download this Windows utility that lets you pick which to use. You can get it here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Old 04-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para
I upgraded to 4.1.12 from 4.1.11 the other night and found that my MVP would then only play 1-2 seconds of sound when watching a VOB file. This is a real bummer considering how well 4.1.11 was working for me. I tried 4.1.11 again and got the sound back. I installed 4.1.12 again, enabled debug logging and tried again - no sound .

I have submitted a bug report and have once again reverted back to 4.1.11.

Anyone else tried VOB files on the MVP with 4.1.12 yet? What I get is fine VOB video playback on the MVP but only the 1 to 2 seconds of sound before it goes silent. If I rewind, the sound will play again for 1-2 seconds then go away. It works the same way at any point in the VOB file (rewind and get a couple of seconds of sound).

hmm...maybe I could watch "Groundhog Day" and not notice all the rewinding .
I was disapointed when I couldn't find a way to play riped DVDs with sage. How do you get sage to play a VOB? When I go to a ripped DVD folder from browse media files, I see nothing listed?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB