SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Oh no! It's wrong again, so the EPG update happened WHILE I had the Sage location configured for United Kingdom yesterday.

Ok, I will set the location back to UK and leave it that way until another solution is found. Hope the location setting doesn't have any other side-effects.

At least no time-zone tweaking (or even time tweaking) is necessary that way
Old 03-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOn
Have the same situation as DIBU, can´t switch the system time on my Server. But because of the weekend i will try it out.
You don't have to change any time-zone setting let alone the time itself. Just run the Configuration Wizard in Sage Setup, General Settings, and select "United Kingdom". The EPG will be correct as soon as the next EPG update occurs... (this may take up to 24 hours, I guess the good-old channel enable/disable trick in channel setup doesn't work for TVTV).
Old 03-31-2006, 03:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Sage people ,

two things for you to think about

1) It seems you can't set the time-zone in the configuration wizard, you can only set the location (i.e. the country). This setting, however, does not have an effect on the timezone that is used to display time values in the UI. These values are always displayed using the system's timezone, no matter what country you specify in the configuration wizard.

2) The TVTV data import routines seem to parse the EPG data depending on the configured Sage location/country, NOT depending on the system's timezone.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:20 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by potpiejimmy
Hey Sage people ,

1) It seems you can't set the time-zone in the configuration wizard, you can only set the location (i.e. the country). This setting, however, does not have an effect on the timezone that is used to display time values in the UI. These values are always displayed using the system's timezone, no matter what country you specify in the configuration wizard.

2) The TVTV data import routines seem to parse the EPG data depending on the configured Sage location/country, NOT depending on the system's timezone.
i dont know what you mean..

in german:

ich habe nicht die geringste ahnung was du mir sagen willst
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 04-01-2006, 04:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hey Sage people ,

By "Sage people" I meant the people working for Sage / the forum admins / support guys whatever - I just wanted to give them some information about the problem. Because it seems the Sage support gave the recommendation to change the SYSTEM time-zone to GMT (and then adjust the Sage client time-zone to be local) to fix the EPG data import, which is not helping at all. Instead, the system time-zone doesn't have an effect whereas the location/country in the Configuration Wizard DOES have an effect on how the EPG data is imported.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Sage User

this all is really a mess!
the timezone bug is as old as computers are!
why is it so difficult to handle this during synchronisation?

either all timestamps are corrected to UTC or have the flag how much + or - the data are in regarding of GMT+0.

the thing with xmltv shows clearly, that it is possible to handle this issue. even for free...!
why ar'nt companies which sells products (like sage and tvtv) not have the ability to deliver correct code!

the terms of tis issue are known.. please do finally something!!!

Old 04-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Sage User

Hi,

have a little stuttering Problem with 4.11.
Switched back to 4.10 and switched the system time to -2 hours. So at the moment the TVTV is inrelation fine. Means for example the primetime shows at 8PM are now start at 6PM and favourites are recorded fine!

Greetings from Frankfurt/Germany
Harry
Old 04-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Sage User

tvtv issues

The whole handling of the tvtv service has been pretty shocking really, i'm now paying for a subscription service that not only doesn't produce unique episode id's and descriptions, has programs appearing in the line up that aren't scheduled and don't appear on the tvtv website and now doesn't even have the correct times for programs? I have emailed both tvtv and sage about all the above issues other than the time issue and have pretty much had the same response of "theses are known issues, with no resolution yet".

How can it be allowed that you can pay for something that doesn't actully work properly?

It seems that every beta release has more and more bugs fixed and enhancements to placeshifting when these other pretty fundamental things don't work! Brilliant I can now watch the wrong programs from work, Hurray!!
Old 04-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOn
Switched back to 4.10 and switched the system time to -2 hours. So at the moment the TVTV is inrelation fine. Means for example the primetime shows at 8PM are now start at 6PM and favourites are recorded fine!
Ei warum dann so umständlisch Lass doch alle Zeiten und Zeitzonen so wie sie sind und stelle nur das Land auf "United Kingdom" im Sage Configuration Wizard. Is doch viel einfachäää, es funktioniert, Leute! Man muss nur das nächste EPG-Update abwarten...

Anyhow, I agree with Roedel. Sage should really do something about this, this is really a stupid and unnecessary bug that is also very easy to fix...
Old 04-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbennington
It seems that every beta release has more and more bugs fixed and enhancements to placeshifting when these other pretty fundamental things don't work! Brilliant I can now watch the wrong programs from work, Hurray!!
LOL

I totally agree, I guess it's just the fact that Sage is clearly focussed on the U.S. market and they don't seem to spend too much time testing these Europe-related issues like TVTV Well, I can't really blame them, I guess if Sage was a European company it just would be the other way around, I don't know...
Old 04-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbennington
...i'm now paying for a subscription service that not only doesn't produce unique episode id's and descriptions, has programs appearing in the line up that aren't scheduled and don't appear on the tvtv website and now doesn't even have the correct times for programs?
exactly my mind!

there are tons of bugs since many releases. but instead of working at them, new features are added with only a small value-add.
(did you try to change the UI language? it does not work...)

are the main problems not corrected until my tvtv subscription expires (something around august), i will change the whole thing to a solution that works.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Sage User

Well i do think sage should tell us what they plan to do with the tvtv service. Let's face it, it hasn't worked very well for favorites at least. And there has been very little improvement or information since. Then at least we can cancel our subscriptions to tvtv on time for the renewal

Peter
Old 04-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Sage

We'll be putting out an updated beta on Monday that addresses the TVTV issue. We also plan to address the other TVTV issues shortly. Sorry for the delay in addressing these.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
We'll be putting out an updated beta on Monday that addresses the TVTV issue. We also plan to address the other TVTV issues shortly. Sorry for the delay in addressing these.
Narflex: you make my day
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 04-02-2006, 05:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

This is also driving me up the wall, my Mrs is not happy at all.

I have purchased the tvtv service hoping for an improvement and it is not really the case.

Lets hope the update monday resolves this.

I must agree with some of the comments above, some issues do not seem to be getting resolved quickly, and other features seem to be added before the basic's are truely covered.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Ei warum dann so umständlisch Lass doch alle Zeiten und Zeitzonen so wie sie sind und stelle nur das Land auf "United Kingdom" im Sage Configuration Wizard. Is doch viel einfachäää, es funktioniert, Leute! Man muss nur das nächste EPG-Update abwarten...
sorry, at least for me it didn't work...
yesterday, i deinstalled the whole software and all its directories.
i made a totally fresh installation of the latest beta 4.1.11.83.
i setted the country to UK and made the cannel configuration new. after a few minutes, the tvtv information was there. BUT, all start and endtimes were 1 hour ahead. so far no correction...

AND for perverting my effort: the UI language is in german. all tries to change it has failed.
AND most of the channels are not synching anymore. just snow. (no, i know the exact channel numbers...)
AND, AND, AND

not really a highlight for this weekend...

-Roedel
Old 04-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roedel
AND for perverting my effort: the UI language is in german. all tries to change it has failed.
Aloha,
a save way to get the English UI back is to delete the following files:

In the SageTV directory: SageTVCoreTranslations_de.properties

In the STV\SageTV3 directory: SageTV3_i18n_de.properties

then restart sagetv.

Marneb
Old 04-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Any sign of the "Monday Fix"?
Old 04-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Administrator

You do realize it is only 10:20 AM in California, right?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ah, forgot about that minor detail!

In that case good morning, and your priority for the day is!...