SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

TVTV service one hour off (daylight saving time?)

Since today my tvtv EPG data in sagetv 4.1.10 is one hour off.
Last night daylight savings time was started here in Europe. This can not be a coincidence.
I have sent a bug report to Sage for this.
For the time being I have to go back to xmltv.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yupp same here
Marneb
Old 03-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, same problem here!
It's a summer time bug ;-(
Old 03-27-2006, 11:33 PM
Sage Expert

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInSpace
Yes, same problem here!
It's a summer time bug ;-(
yep same here. i have submit a bug report. i can't work with sage this time. all my new recordings are wrong

Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 03-28-2006, 02:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am pretty sure, this is not only a beta problem.
Marneb
Old 03-28-2006, 08:12 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by marneb17
I am pretty sure, this is not only a beta problem.
Marneb
well we will see. xmltv is without this problems. but the tvtv integration is buggy and the last betas are nothing better in this integration. it is not realy funny.
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
Old 03-28-2006, 09:36 AM
Sage User

As far as i can tell there are only two versions of the tvtv plugin the one with the first public beta for version 3 and the one that fixed the timezone and lack of channels problems.
Peter
Old 03-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

For the moment, I set my PC one hour earlier... so the EPG matches the program!!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

I received an answer from Sage support:

Quote:
Change your system's time zone to GMT. Then you could change your timezone in SageTV to be correct; that one is independent of your system's time zone (although it uses it as the default). The setting is in the Configuration Wizard. That should help.
I think you also need to adjust the current time setting (and disable Windows automatic time sync).
For the meantime I switched back to xmltv, with proper
start and end times, although only 3 days in advance.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Sage Expert

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec
I received an answer from Sage support:

I think you also need to adjust the current time setting (and disable Windows automatic time sync).
For the meantime I switched back to xmltv, with proper
start and end times, although only 3 days in advance.
i can't set my server to gmt. sage is not the one and only program that will run on my server.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Changing the timezone does NOT help.

I just checked it out. I set all timezones (my system's and Sage's) to GMT (no DST) and forced a tvtv EPG update.

The result was that all shows had a three-hour offset to CEST whereas they should have a two-hour offset. This means the imported TVTV times are wrong, no matter what the system's timezone is - there's always a one hour offset.

So koelec is right: You also have to adjust the current time setting (that is, set a wrong time that is one hour off). Nobody wants to do that, of course Arrrgh, this is very annoying... I guess I will end up adding a +60 minutes start and stop padding to all my favorites
Old 03-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

All of a sudden, the EPG is correct Happened some hours ago, the whole EPG data magically moved to the right. I guess something was changed on the TVTV side
Old 03-31-2006, 01:51 AM
Sage Expert

also the bug in 4.11
Old 03-31-2006, 09:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by potpiejimmy
All of a sudden, the EPG is correct Happened some hours ago, the whole EPG data magically moved to the right. I guess something was changed on the TVTV side
Can others confirm this is correct for them now? (or not)
Old 03-31-2006, 09:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Can others confirm this is correct for them now? (or not)
I switched back to xmltv, but tried tvtv just now again and it is still off by one hour.

Marneb
Old 03-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marneb17
I switched back to xmltv, but tried tvtv just now again and it is still off by one hour.

Marneb
Hmmm, weird... my EPG is still correct, and I didn't do anything besides the timezone tests that I did on wednesday. Since then I've had my system's timezone at local time (CEST) - about 24 hours later, the EPG suddenly changed...

Oh, wait, it just occurs to me, at one time on wednesday I also changed the location in the Configuration Wizard to United Kingdom and forgot to switch it back to Germany, which I did the next day and that was, if I'm not mistaken, shortly before the EPG magically corrected itself. Could that have anything to do with it??
Old 03-31-2006, 11:00 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Hmmm, weird... my EPG is still correct, and I didn't do anything besides the timezone tests that I did on wednesday. Since then I've had my system's timezone at local time (CEST) - about 24 hours later, the EPG suddenly changed...

Oh, wait, it just occurs to me, at one time on wednesday I also changed the location in the Configuration Wizard to United Kingdom and forgot to switch it back to Germany, which I did the next day and that was, if I'm not mistaken, shortly before the EPG magically corrected itself. Could that have anything to do with it??
i can't switch on my server the timezone. all of my software that want run on my server is gmt/berlin. that is urgend for me. ok when i set sage to uk..wait a day and then i switch sage back to germany..and then is the tvtv epg correct????

is this what you say?
Old 03-31-2006, 11:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBU
is this what you say?
Well, this is how I remember it. Actually I don't see why waiting for 24 hours would have anything to do with it, unless the EPG data update occured some time BEFORE I switched the Sage location back to Germany, but I don't think that was the case. If it was, my EPG will be wrong again with the next update tonight, will see.... In that case, the workaround solution would be to just set the location to United Kingdom in the setup wizard and keep all timezone settings at local time. The location doesn't seem to have an effect on the sage client time zone.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:49 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Well, this is how I remember it. Actually I don't see why waiting for 24 hours would have anything to do with it, unless the EPG data update occured some time BEFORE I switched the Sage location back to Germany, but I don't think that was the case. If it was, my EPG will be wrong again with the next update tonight, will see.... In that case, the workaround solution would be to just set the location to United Kingdom in the setup wizard and keep all timezone settings at local time. The location doesn't seem to have an effect on the sage client time zone.
ok i will test this... but i have not really the hope that this will work
Old 03-31-2006, 12:02 PM
Sage User

Hi,

i will test it too.
Have even the TVTV Bug.
Have the same situation as DIBU, canīt switch the system time on my Server. But because of the weekend i will try it out.

Harry