SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Smile Power Management Revisited

Well, I've finally developed a solution for my power management woes. My woes are primarily around my Hauppauge IR blaster/transmitter losing synch with Sage and so channel changing was not working when the computer would resume from standby.

I've written a Windows script that detects the Windows events for entering standby and resuming from standby. Yes, sounds a bit like Sagewake. But Sagewake wouldn't work properly for me and is no longer supported.

Furthermore, this script doesn't take over scheduling power management like Sagewake did. It leaves that up to Sage. That makes sense as Sage knows best when it can go to sleep and it knows best when it should wake up.

All this script does is enable anyone who has the know-how to alter this script to run any program they want as the computer is about to enter standby, and run any program(s) when the computer wakes up.

The script has not been generalized. Anyone wanting to use it will have to tailor it for their own setup but it's not too hard. Perhaps someone will be nice and generalize it for the group.

Oh yeah, to use it (after you have modified it to suit your needs) do one of the following:
1. simply add it to your startup folder and reboot.
2. You may double click on the file from explorer. Obviously, running it this way will only work until the machine is rebooted.

If ever you need to stop the script, bring up the task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL) and end the process named 'wscript'.

Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MonitorResume.zip (720 Bytes, 480 views)
Sage 7.1.9, Java Java 1.7.0_75, Windows 8.1, Athlon X4 620, 4GB, Hauppauge 950Q, ATI 650HD video encoder with IR/Blaster, Radeon 5450, HDMI out, TV is primary monitor, Plex Plug-in serves up to mobile devices/PS3/WiiU just fine

Last edited by amac; 03-07-2006 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Sage User

Actisys 200L wake from s3 issue

Hi Amac

I'm having an issue with my Actisys 200L IR blaster (connected to serial port). It doesn't wake when the PC is resuming from s3 until I manually shut and re-start the Sage Service.

I saw your script below and was wondering if it could be altered to 'simply' close the Sage Service and re-start it immediately upon PC resume from S3 state.

I normally only operate Sage in service mode for recording.

Greatly appreciate your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amac View Post
Well, I've finally developed a solution for my power management woes. My woes are primarily around my Hauppauge IR blaster/transmitter losing synch with Sage and so channel changing was not working when the computer would resume from standby.

I've written a Windows script that detects the Windows events for entering standby and resuming from standby. Yes, sounds a bit like Sagewake. But Sagewake wouldn't work properly for me and is no longer supported.

Furthermore, this script doesn't take over scheduling power management like Sagewake did. It leaves that up to Sage. That makes sense as Sage knows best when it can go to sleep and it knows best when it should wake up.

All this script does is enable anyone who has the know-how to alter this script to run any program they want as the computer is about to enter standby, and run any program(s) when the computer wakes up.

The script has not been generalized. Anyone wanting to use it will have to tailor it for their own setup but it's not too hard. Perhaps someone will be nice and generalize it for the group.

Oh yeah, to use it (after you have modified it to suit your needs) do one of the following:
1. simply add it to your startup folder and reboot.
2. You may double click on the file from explorer. Obviously, running it this way will only work until the machine is rebooted.

If ever you need to stop the script, bring up the task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL) and end the process named 'wscript'.

Good luck.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Sage User

Just in case anyone else has this problem, I installed a freeware program called 'Hibernate Trigger' which will run any file/script on PC wake up.

I just applied a simple script which stops the Sage Service and restarts it again. Hibernate Trigger runs this script everytime my PC resumes from s3 stand-by.

My Actisys IR then performs without problems.

.bat file
--- begin ---
net stop "SageTV"
@ping 127.0.0.1 -n 2 -w 1000 > nul
@ping 127.0.0.1 -n %1% -w 1000> nul
net start "SageTV"
--- end ---
Old 04-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Sage Expert

Any idea on the syntax to kill the UI on standby ? I'd like to try this to work around an mp3 image caching problem I seem to have

Thanks
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 04-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewston View Post
Any idea on the syntax to kill the UI on standby ? I'd like to try this to work around an mp3 image caching problem I seem to have

Thanks
Amac closed the UI as part of his VB program to reset his IR remote. Perhaps you could use that part of his code?

strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colMonitoredEvents = objWMIService.ExecNotificationQuery _
("Select * from Win32_PowerManagementEvent")
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Do
Set strLatestEvent = colMonitoredEvents.NextEvent
if strLatestEvent.EventType = 4 then
'WshShell.Popup "Entering Suspend/Standby/Hibernate",1
'close the remote control IR program
WshShell.Run """E:\Program Files\WinTV\Ir.exe""" & " /QUIT"
elseif strLatestEvent.EventType = 18 then 'resume automatic
WScript.Sleep 1000
' WshShell.Popup "Resuming Suspend",1
WshShell.AppActivate "SageTV"
'send Sage Alt-F4 to close the program
WshShell.Sendkeys "%{F4}"
WScript.Sleep 10000
'restart the IR process
WshShell.Run """E:\Program Files\WinTV\Ir.exe""" & " /QUIET"
' WshShell.Popup "IR restart sent", 2
WScript.Sleep 2000
'restart sage
WshShell.run """e:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\sagetv.exe"""
WScript.Sleep 35000
' WshShell.Popup "Sage activate sending", 30
'make sage the front window (and so ready for remote control)
WshShell.AppActivate "SageTV"
end if

Loop
Old 04-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wow. I didn't realize this thread had come back to life.

Altec, looks like you found a great solution to your problem. I'll keep it in mind.

Brewston, I must say I don't use my script anymore since I switched to Windows XP. My driver refresh problems went away.

However, I think with the right modifications you should be able to use it try and address your issue.
Sage 7.1.9, Java Java 1.7.0_75, Windows 8.1, Athlon X4 620, 4GB, Hauppauge 950Q, ATI 650HD video encoder with IR/Blaster, Radeon 5450, HDMI out, TV is primary monitor, Plex Plug-in serves up to mobile devices/PS3/WiiU just fine