SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-21-2006, 04:36 PM
SageTVaholic

4.1.7 beta breaks some import functionality (with attached fix)

Just FYI, and as iceman already noticed, when you import my modules, new items do not get added to the detailed setup Customize page in 4.1.7

The module should still be imported and work (although I have not yet had time to test!)

I have no time to fix them all as I am off on holiday tomorrow, but I can offer this workaround:
  • Load default STV
  • Start Studio (CTRL-SHIFT-F12)
  • In studio window do Edit->Find all
  • in the search box, enter: "Customize SetupPanel" (without the quotes) and press OK.
  • Scroll until you find the highlighted widget named "Customize SetupPanel"
  • Press F2 and remove that space so that it is now called "CustomizeSetupPanel"
  • File->Save as (something else)
All the imports should now add their detailed setup buttons...

Last edited by nielm; 02-21-2006 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Sorry - this was an unintentional and unneeded change that occurred while some other necessary changes were being made... in other words: a mistake.

There are 2 options & since there are now more people besides nielm who create imports, I would like to find out the preferred solution:
  1. Leave it as it is now & update the imports to match.
  2. Change it back to what it was before, removing the added space.
Note that if #2 is done, it won't be updated until whenever the next beta comes out. That would mean anyone using v4.1.7 would have to do nielm's fix in order to use any imports that tack things onto the Detailed Setup -> Customize page.

What's the preference of any import authors?

Edit
Of course, then there is option #3: upload an STV that reverts the name to its old value. Since anyone could do that & there are no other changes in this STV, I've attached an STV with nielm's stated modification in it already. With this STV, existing imports should work, unless other changes also cause problems.

- Andy

The attached zip file contains 1 file: SageTV3_fix.xml. It contains the one fix nielm mentioned. You will have to load it & import into that file.

Edit2: Attachment removed. No longer needed for v4.1.8.
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Sage User

I had to try a couple of times to get this to work, mainly because I'm not that bright.

Firstly, make sure to save the new STV back in the SageTv\STVs\SageTV3 directory. When you do a Save As, I think it defaults to the SageTV dir, one level up. Then when it loads that new STV, things look really, really wrong. Moving it to the right dir fixes it.

Also I was just changing the value and then saving, I didn't tab or enter or whatever was needed to make it "stick" (I'm assuming it's something!)

One question - if I import something multiple times, say comskip playback or infopopup - is it doing any harm? This may have happened in my iterations of getting this working.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Sage User

Holidays are a great escape!

Family and yourself have a great long, don't, thing at all holiday!
Old 02-21-2006, 09:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4

What's the preference of any import authors?

- Andy
I changed my plugin to use "CustomizeItems" instead so shouldn't matter to me either way and I've only written one so far so don't go by me. I would suspect however that it would be best to go back for others with more to change.

BobP.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to iceman Send a message via Yahoo to iceman
Andy,

I don't write import modules but being a technical person to me It would make sense to change the name back to what it was and let the individuals who encounter this problem perform the workaround as noted by Nilem. If someone was been curious enough to download and install this Beta, then I would think that they should be willing to wait until the next Beta to have the change reverted back to what it was.

That's just my opinion.

P.S. I really appreciate everyones help as always with this problem.

Gerry
Old 02-22-2006, 02:09 AM
Administrator

It dawned on me that anyone could make that one change & upload the fix... so I decided to go ahead & do so. The 2nd post of this thread contains the v4.1.7 STV with this one change made to it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.