SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Sage User

Ghost in the machine - Phantom remote/key presses?!

I'm having a weird problem it seems that something is sending remote/keyboard signals to SageTV without me doing anything. Here is an example, I put it into sleep mode when I goto work I come home and turn on the TV instead of the screensaver I get the video options menu. When watching a recording I sometimes get the info screen as if someone pressed one of the color buttons on the remote.

Here is what I'm currently running:

Biostar iDeq 210v
512M Ram
Win XP Pro SP2
160Gig HD
GeForce 5500 AGP
WinTV PVR USB2
SageTV 4.1 Trial (Service mode and frontend same machine)
nVidia PureDecoder trial
Hauppage 45-button remote

This is my "tivo" replacement so its headless - no keyboard/mouse attached. The IRRemote I'm using is from the forums with SendMsg and I have DirMon and ShowAnalyzer (Invisible mode) running in the background with the webserver plugin installed and comskip info.

Can anyone help me determine what is causing my phantom remote button or keypresses when STV is running?
Old 02-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Infrared is funky. Sometimes just a reflection of sunlight can send a valid signal. In fact (believe me or not, but this is true) I once owned an NEC TV that would sometimes turn off if I walked near it - just me, no one else. Freaked me out for a while, until I figured out that it was reading my body heat as an IR command.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have the same thing happen. After I haven't used my Sage system for a while, I come back and the video options menu has popped up as if someone has pushed that button. This has happened many times, I would say every other day. It's never a different menu. It's always the video options menu. So it must be some bug in Sage. I just quickly close the menu when it does that. My Sage system isn't having any other problems so I haven't thought about mentioning it until I saw this thread.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Sage Icon

Any of you have cats? I have had a few phantom button presses myself - then I realized that one of my cats had stepped on, slept on or otherwise disturbed the remote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Sage User

zz5 YES! That is the problem I'm expierencing and that is the same menu that comes up when I come home from work. I know its not that much of a problem but it does get annoying at times.

slenoard, I wish I can have a cat they look cool but I'm allergic
Old 02-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Sage Icon

Are you using "Select" to come out of the screensaver?

P
Old 02-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Sage User

I'm using the green power button and how that is associated in the IRRemote.ini file from the post about using SendMsg to control STV the only thing I updated in the .ini file was the path to STV.