SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Sage User

Stuttering and pixelation

Long time Sage User and have been using v4.0 since it first came out without any problems. Suddenly in the last 2 weeks, I have had 4 corrupt recordings out of say 25-30 total. By corrupt I mean the video and audio stutter and there is quite a bit of pixelation.

This occurs while watching "live" tv or a previous recording. I verified it also occurs if I try and play the mpeg in another program like Media PLayer Classic or Windows Media Player - same result.

I just caught it doing it to a live show after it came out of sleep mode. I restarted SageTV (I am NOT running in service mode), but that did not help. I rebooted and that seemed to clear things up for now. I know the reboot is not a permannet solution because I have rebooted a couple times since the last corrupt recording.

So far. All corrupt recordings occur when Sage come out of sleep mode.

I am using the NVidia decoder - no change in that for many, many months.

I have recently added the commercial version of ShowAnalyzer with DirMon. It only runs when there is no reads or writes to the disk though, so I don't know how/if it would cause the problem.

Any ideas?
CPU: P4/3.0EGHz 800M 478P/1MB HT CPU cooler: ZALMAN CNPS7000A-CU RAM: 512MB Corsair XMS Extreme DDR400 Video: Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600 256MB 128bit 8XAGP Tuner: Hauppage PVR-250MCE HD: Seagate 7200 200GB, Maxtor USB2 120GB Optical: STB: DishNetwork VIP211 TV: Sony WEGA KV-36FS100 (s-video) Apps: SageTV 4.0.0.56 w. Hotspot JVM 1.5.0_02,
Remote: MX-500 with USB-UIRT and Girder
Old 02-10-2006, 12:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having similar problems. Some recordings are corrupted somehow. I have pixelation problems where portions of the image are very pixelated every few seconds. It's odd because the pixilation occurs when someone's head or an arm moves in an image. The pixilation is just around the part that moved. Full screen movement like panning across a scene doesn't cause any pixilation. All of this started when I built a new system with Sage 4 and Vbox 150 tuners. Sage 2 never had this problem. I also have fastforward and rewind problems when the corruption occurs. Fastforward and rewind cause the video to jump to the beginning.

I thought maybe the incoming signal was bad until I caught one show having problems while it was being recorded. I could switch between the tv's digital tuner and the Sage system to see what was happening. The tv's tuner did fine while the Sage system struggled with the image.

Steve
Old 02-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yep having that issue aswell. Its like my PC or video card is not fast enough and i know this is not the case. I noticed this alot during the super bowl...
Old 02-10-2006, 02:13 PM

Me too...

I'm actually using the MyTheatre Plug-in to provide a DVB-T feed into Sage 4.0. If I record a programme in MyTheatre, it records perfectly with no pixelation, but if I let that feed through to Sage, 8 times out of 10 I'll get some form of corruption or pixelation And like JDBrown, I've only seen this in the last two weeks...

So I'm reasonably confident its not the TV card, and its not any form of processor limitation. Looks like something in Sage, but I have no idea where to start.

Any ideas?

Gecko