SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Sage Icon

USB-UIRT from sage store

the sage store says that this product doesn't come with an additional sensor. Does this mean that I would only be able to control one STB if purchased as is? If I wanted to control more i would need to buy additonal sensors?
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 02-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Sage Icon

I don't use mine to blast, but from what I know you can use a stereo to twin mono adapter on the back jack, to hook up two blasters...and the third blaster is out the front (claymore style ).

P

Edit: "NOTE: The USB-UIRT sold through the Sage Online Store does not include the additional 56KHz IR Sensor. See the USB-UIRT website for more information."

I believe certain Dish Network remotes are 56KHz, and this is what their talking about

Edit, Edit:

Q: I have a Linux box running MythTV. I'm using the Hauppauge PVR-250 with the grey top/black bottom remote.

I'm in need if an IR blaster to relay the channel-change signals from my Linux box to an ExpressVu 3100 (AKA Dish Network) satellite receiver. I understand that these DishNet receivers involve a 56kHz frequency.

I'm getting conflicting information all over about this ..... do I need the 56kHz option if I am using the USB-UIRT only for emitting my channel-change commands to the ExpressVu/Dish receiver?

I will not be using the USB-UIRT for receiving signal from any remotes. From what I've been reading, the 56kHz option is only for receiving from Dish remotes??

Thanks!!

A: No you do not. The 56KHz receiver addition is for receive only and is not needed to transmit at 56KHz

-Jon

Last edited by Polypro; 02-07-2006 at 08:04 AM.