SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:14 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Norman
Pork Chop
I only get a "No Signal" when I select a channel in Sage. I have not seen that error you have but then we don't have an EPG so perhaps yours would be "no signal" if you didn't have the EPG setup.

I'm using the drivers and app from the beta release.

The Cinergy app also tells me I have 100% and 93% on all channels.

I suspect that Sage is not accessing the card correctly. I'm not aware of anyone that has DVBT working in the current SageTV that has a Conexant 2388x based card that are using Conexant Drivers.
Those that have reported DVBT working are using cx2388x based products that don't use standard Conexant Drivers. EG. Dvico, Hauppauge etc. or some other chipset.

We might just have to wait a bit longer before the fix is found.
If I find a work around I'll let you know.

Cheers
Hello Ian,

I may have found a solution/workaround to Sage's failure to tune Conexant 2388x based DVB-T cards (with a little help from Donkey).

It appears that if you choose the "Enable All Channels" option in the Channel Setup page, your choosen channels (as per your .FRQ) file should work. I'm still testing at the moment but it seems to work. If this wroks for you you can choose the "Disable All Channels" option and manually select your desired channels, this will save you turning off the channels you don't want.

However once Sage finds and tunes your choosen channels, it can sometimes forget your channels and starts to display the "Can't Tune the Channels Error" To remedy the situation you need to follow the "Enable All Channels" process listed above.

Let me know your findings.

PC
Old 02-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Sage Fanatic

Impressions of 4.1.6 Beta:

4.1.5 and previous betas had lots of MVP performance and functionality issues.

4.1.6 has been much improved since I have been using it, I have only experience one situation where the MVP had to be unplugged and that was trying to play back a DIVX file and I was able to start playing without any issue after the unplug. The GUI on the MVP has been much faster and leaving it on all the time has not caused the recordings list to disappear or the GUI to lock up and not respond to any remote keys. The WAF is much better.

Also thanks to an update from Qian at Support I am now reliably recording ABC in HD!!

Keep up the good work...and cros my fingers that things will continue working
John
Living Room: WinXP Pro SP2, AMD XP3200+, 1GB, 1.3TB 3ware 9500S12 RAID5, GigaByte GA7N400Pro2, 2xVBOX USB2 HD Tuner<-Antennna, 1xHDHR<-Antennna , HD100 to HDMI Splitter 1080i->32" 4:3 HDTV or 1080i->92" 1080P LCD Projector
Kitchen: WinXP Home SP2, Celeron 2.0Ghz, 512MB, 40GB, Saphire ATI MB, ATI9200->19"LCD
2 BedRooms: MediaMVP
Old 02-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

PC
No luck I'm afraid.
I still get the "No Signal" message.

I'm still waiting for someone else in Australia ( besides PeterJB ) to try the current version out and see what happens to them.

I'll do some more experimenting and report back.

Cheers
Old 02-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
It's for DVB-T only...
Thanks for the info. I did a search in the manual after my initial post but didn't find anything (at least with my search parameters).
Old 02-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Sage "Server Studders" when ...

Anyone else experiencing an issue where they watch TV from their SageTV "server" while an MVP Media is connected to it .. and there is studdering on the server output? The MVP is fine but not the server output.
Using Matts plugin I did not have this problem. Oddly enough when I connect to the server via SageTVClient the server does not studder when watching TV on it (Live or recorded).. only when MVP is playing
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 02-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by henk99
Thanks for the update. It appears a lot more stable than 4.1.5 on first testing.

One thing is not working properly though, after every reboot of the MVP, the stv setting gets reset. So, it loads the default stv at startup. I tried to do it a few times now, but it gets reset every time.
Is there some setting that overules this maybe?

Henk99
Same problem, I only have comskip import loaded.I fixed this by restarting the the server, then going to the mvp and going to the setup options to disable, then enable comskip, then close and exit back to menu. Then when I turned the MVP off and back on the proper xml held. I still have a problem with sound being full blast after mvp restart.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enormous
I am seeing SageTVService using 100% CPU upon initial start-up (even after a reboot). Is anyone else seeing this? I wonder if it has something to do with my Java version (1.4.2_10) or my NVidia video drivers (81.98).
Has anyone experienced this yet? CPU has been at 100% usage since I posted the original message... Please, any help?
Server: Antec SLK3800B, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Biostar TForce 550, GeForce 7300LE, 1GB DDR2 800, 2 x HVR-1600, PVR-150MCE, 1.4TB HD Space, XP Pro, Java6, Latest SageTV Version
Old 02-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have experienced it several times, and had to use several different fixes, with earlier versions.

turn of sage first then restart after each one to see if it works.

delete wiz.bak

delete any partial recordings that occured about the time you first experienced the 100% problem, a corrupt mpg can cause it.

delete wiz.bin

delete wiz.bin and wiz.bak ( you will loose recording info and favorites)
Old 02-01-2006, 10:49 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to iceman Send a message via Yahoo to iceman
Jeff can the forced_video_storage_path_prefix parm be coded for each PVR adapter card in the properties file and if can you show a brief example of how to code it?

Thanks
Gerry
Old 02-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Administrator

It actually is a property for each individual tuner --
mmc/encoders/<some number>/forced_video_storage_path_prefix=

I could be wrong, since I haven't verified this, but from the release notes' description, it sounds like you just set the property to the first few characters of the dir(s) that you want the tuner to use when it writes recordings. It could use 1 or more dirs, depending on matches.

Edit: It was confirmed that this is how it works.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakecrash
Same problem, I only have comskip import loaded.I fixed this by restarting the the server, then going to the mvp and going to the setup options to disable, then enable comskip, then close and exit back to menu. Then when I turned the MVP off and back on the proper xml held. I still have a problem with sound being full blast after mvp restart.
Ha! That worked for me as well!!!

Perhaps this helps Narflex. The STV stick fine now after doing wakecrash' workaround.

Thanks a lot Wakecrash!!

Henk99
XP Pro SP2, SageTV v5.02.90, Athlon XP 3000+ (FSB 333 MHz), 2GB DDR RAM PC3200, 36 GB Western Digital Raptor, 200 GB Western Digital harddrive, Asus Radeon 9600 XTR, Plextor PX-708 8x DVD-/+RW, Pioneer 120S 48x CD-RW, PVR 150 MCE (2). Hauppauge MVP.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
it sounds like you just set the property to the first few characters of the dir(s) that you want the tuner to use when it writes recordings.
So if you had enough disks (and money ) you could set each tuner to write to a different physical disk, if you have write problems? If so, good idea! Now I just need four more 500GB drives...
Old 02-02-2006, 03:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
So if you had enough disks (and money ) you could set each tuner to write to a different physical disk, if you have write problems? If so, good idea! Now I just need four more 500GB drives...
Actually, the real advantage comes when you are running more than one Sage server. If a second copy of Sage is set up as a network encoder you can use this to restrict the recordings to local drive(s) instead of having them record across the network.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to iceman Send a message via Yahoo to iceman
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
It actually is a property for each individual tuner --
mmc/encoders/<some number>/forced_video_storage_path_prefix=

I could be wrong, since I haven't verified this, but from the release notes' description, it sounds like you just set the property to the first few characters of the dir(s) that you want the tuner to use when it writes recordings. It could use 1 or more dirs, depending on matches.

Edit: It was confirmed that this is how it works.

- Andy
Thanks for your quick reply! This definitely clarifies this setting for me and I want to use it now. I have both analog and HD cards in by Sage Server and I've wanted the ability to separate out the recording path for each. The reason being is that I've wanted to allocate more dedicated space for my HD recording and keep them separate from the analog ones.

GOOD DEAL. I"M
Old 02-03-2006, 07:40 AM

"No Signal"..no more!

Hello people...my first post!

I am using an Easy TV DVB-T USB Stick with Wideviewer BDA drivers and SageTV 4.16.75 Beta (with the updated DShowCapture.dll).

After some fiddling with scanning channels and .frq files, I could not get SageTV to read my custom channel table and was getting "No Signal".

I originally edited the example .frq file posted here, but it never worked for me. So then I edited the default .frq file that SageTV creates and all my channels suddenly appeared.

What I did notice is that the default .frq file contains no carriage return before "total_channel".

ie. #DVBT channel setup table ver 1.0total_channel:x

and not

#DVBT channel setup table ver 1.0
total_channel:x

I hope this helps those who are experiencing similar problems.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
Also thanks to an update from Qian at Support I am now reliably recording ABC in HD!!
JPTAZ,
I am having issues, which result in the tripping up of frames in HD only, and sometimes makes the sound go slow motion or mess the picture up totally. What fix did support do for you?
Old 02-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Commmmmmon, its been a week where is the 4.1.7 beta that will fix everything HDTV??
The superbowl is in like, 51 hours!!!

I need it perfect, I need it yesterday. GO SEAHAWKS!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Sage Icon

I'm using 4.1.6 and have a couple shows that are not playable via SageTV. Sage recorded the shows, and I can play them back with WMP, but when I try to play them back with SageTV the UI comes up the timeline is completely red in color, and the current time of the show is -35608:58:31

Any ideas on how to get the shows to play in Sage?

thanks,
Old 02-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Update dll for HD and DVB-T 2/6/2006
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/DShowCapture.dll
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/MpegDeMux.ax
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/TSSplitter.ax

Qian
Old 02-07-2006, 02:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Are these straight replacements or unregister, replace, reregister?

Thanks,

B