SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-30-2006, 08:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Chop
What is a lineup?
Your lineup is what you assign to the tuner that tells it what the lineup of channels are for the Guide. Are you using TVTV, XMLTV, something like that?

When you add your tuner, what steps do you go through to arrive at a channel you can try to watch?

Post your FRQ and sage(client).properties too.

Which is your Transmitter?
Old 01-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
It's the name of the tuner in Sage with "-0.FRQ" on the end (hyphen zero dot FRQ, no quotes). Include any spaces in the name in Sage.
Ah! thats about what I'd guessed from the samples people have been posting.
Thats means my setup will never work then
My tuner is called "TechnoTrend BDA/DVB Capture" so its never going to work. (you cant create files with a slash in).

The question is, How everybody else could get a NOva-T PCI tuner working?
Are there some other DBA drivers with a differant name somewhere?
Old 01-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by henk99
@Gplasky and Opus4,

Bot your tricks for getting the MVP's STV to stick didn't work. The MVP looses it's STV setting after every reboot.

I'm hoping for more suggestions!

Cheers,
Henk99

Can you email the following files to betatest at sagetv.com please?

Sage.properties
RemoteClients.properties.defaults
and all the files in your clients subdirectory for SageTV

also mention which STV you're trying to change it to.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna
My tuner is called "TechnoTrend BDA/DVB Capture" so its never going to work. (you cant create files with a slash in).

I searched the windows registry and changed the value of every device description and friendly name key from "TechnoTrend BDA/DVB Capture" to "Nova-T Capture". The tuner then shows up in Sage as "Nova-T Capture" and the .frq file is written when you do a channel scan.

I have filed a bug report on this last week.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisAcker
I searched the windows registry and changed the value of every device description and friendly name key from "TechnoTrend BDA/DVB Capture" to "Nova-T Capture". The tuner then shows up in Sage as "Nova-T Capture" and the .frq file is written when you do a channel scan.
Why Didnt I think of that?
I've now done this by changeing the drivers inf file but the effect should be the same I think.

I can now tune channels, erm, sometimes! Sometimes I get "no signal" when switching to s channel, although it was working previously.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

frq file naming bug is fixed on
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/DShowCapture.dll
Old 01-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Your lineup is what you assign to the tuner that tells it what the lineup of channels are for the Guide. Are you using TVTV, XMLTV, something like that?

When you add your tuner, what steps do you go through to arrive at a channel you can try to watch?

Post your FRQ and sage(client).properties too.

Which is your Transmitter?
Hello rickgillyon

I understand now. I use the TVTV service, and it seems to work fine (it works well with the Hauppauge 1300 HVR). The Hauppauge has been uninstalled as it doesn't find that many TV stations in the UK. I am now using the Cinergy 1400 DVB card which is very good at finding stations.

I can add the card through the usual process and add the TVTV account. I have tired the channel scan option but the process never finds any channels and the FRQ file stays empty. Each channel I preview shows a No Signal message. I then select the channels I want (this action places a green dot on the selected channel). When I exit the setup process and go to the Progam Guide the channels I have chosen appear with the correct TVTV information, and show the error message I have detailed in the previous posts.

I have tried to create a FRQ file using the frequencies and SID number obtained by the Cinergy Digital 3 application. I have also mapped the BBC1 BBC2 and Five channels in Sage to channel 25,26 and 32 to the respective channels. Even after all of this Sage still displays the driver error message.

I have attached the frq file and the Sage properties file.

I think my transmitter is Crystal Palace or (SUB 603 so say the Cinergy Digital 3 Application)

Your help and advice is much appreciated.

PP
Attached Files
File Type: zip Pork Chop FRQ & Sage Properties.zip (10.8 KB, 198 views)

Last edited by Pork Chop; 01-30-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Default STV back to SageTV3.STV

I just did a clean install and noticed that the default STV is now the SageTV3.STV and not the SageTV3.XML. SageTV3.STV is dated 10/25/2005, and it is also the STV on my MVP. I can't change it to a XML w/o manually editing the .properties file.

I uninstalled and reinstalled again to make sure. I also double checked the STV folder and it was empty prior to the install.

Anyone else seeing this?
Old 01-30-2006, 10:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Is there still an FFMPEG.exe process running at that point? Can you submit a bug report for this please?

No, FFMPEG is no longer running. It does seem to terminate right away. However the SageTVService remains at 99 - 100% for approximate 5 or more minutes before idling back down to 5 - 7 %. Yes this is even the case if I immediately go back and choose a SageTV recording to play.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:11 AM
Sage Icon

Just upgraded...smooth as usual. .wmv tag parser bug still present (no folder structure and showing up in "Music" as well). "Search For Programs To Record" is much improved...I only have a couple music albums listed and 1 or 2 video files. Before, all my media was listed, in addition to TV programs.

P
Old 01-31-2006, 04:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Chop

I have attached the frq file and the Sage properties file.

I think my transmitter is Crystal Palace or (SUB 603 so say the Cinergy Digital 3 Application)

Your help and advice is much appreciated.

PP
I've found that tunning seems to work better if you use the channel numbers encoded in the signal. e.g. BBC 1 = 1, BBC 2 = 2. I'm not sure if its actually a requirement or just luck.

If you are actually using Crystal palace then you might try the following as they work for me with that transmitter.

Code:
ch:1 505833 8 4164 0 1
ch:2 505833 8 4228 0 1
ch:3 481833 8 8261 0 1
ch:4 481833 8 8384 0 1
ch:5 561833 8 12866 0 1
I've not had any luck getting the Radio channels to work yet
Old 01-31-2006, 04:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I don't think Sage supports Radio...
Old 01-31-2006, 04:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I don't think Sage supports Radio...
Well Radio on Freeview is, I think, just a channel with only audio. Going by the output of ScanChannelsBDA.exe the video-PID is zero for radio channels. If sage can cope with that then I think it should work.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:02 AM
Sage Icon

Sage ignores channels with no Video. Maybe they should bring out SageRadio...
Old 01-31-2006, 08:08 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I've found that tunning seems to work better if you use the channel numbers encoded in the signal. e.g. BBC 1 = 1, BBC 2 = 2. I'm not sure if its actually a requirement or just luck.

If you are actually using Crystal palace then you might try the following as they work for me with that transmitter.

Code:
ch:1 505833 8 4164 0 1
ch:2 505833 8 4228 0 1
ch:3 481833 8 8261 0 1
ch:4 481833 8 8384 0 1
ch:5 561833 8 12866 0 1
Hello pjwerdna

Thanks for the channel information, they seem to be the smae as mine. I'll check when I return home later tonight.

PP
Old 01-31-2006, 09:00 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
I just did a clean install and noticed that the default STV is now the SageTV3.STV and not the SageTV3.XML. SageTV3.STV is dated 10/25/2005, and it is also the STV on my MVP. I can't change it to a XML w/o manually editing the .properties file.

I uninstalled and reinstalled again to make sure. I also double checked the STV folder and it was empty prior to the install.

Anyone else seeing this?
I'm seeing the exact same thing. I don't have the ability to choose an .xml STV through the Sage UI.

I have an additional problem. I close down Sage (and the service), manually edit the .properties file to an .xml STV and save. I restart the service and Sage, but the STV is back to the default SageTV3.STV.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:20 AM
Sage User

Same here, this morning I got the usual "unable to access the filesystem" error and after shutting down and restarting I can only select the .stv file and I have none of my imports loaded. It also went through the wizard again after I rebooted (exited SageTV cleanly before rebooting). Fortunately my video sources and channel lineups where still there.

I have to say I am getting VERY frustraated with Sage losing my settings all the time. In the last month I have re-installed from scratch to try and resolve stability issues on a number of occasions. Haven't updated drivers or anything else. I have even re-installed completely from scratch, i.e. without re-using sage.properties and/or wiz.bin and still have issues with stability and losing settings. The underlying sage.properties/wiz.bin database system seems to be very delicate.

Whil Sage has got the best, cleanest interface and best scheduling options, the WAF is at an all time low. .
Old 01-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Sage Fanatic

OTA HDTV subchannels still don't work with the correct guide info in 4.1.6
My frq file is filled with 0's for each channel, but I don't know if it is supposed to have any thing in it.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:47 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave

Anyone else seeing this?
In your properties file , there is a property almost at the top of the file that tells sage whether to use STV or XML.
I think it is called STV=c:\program.....\SageTV3.stv
Change that to say SageTV3.xml and you should be able to select xml file as the stv in the UI.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp1790
Same here, this morning I got the usual "unable to access the filesystem" error and after shutting down and restarting I can only select the .stv file and I have none of my imports loaded. It also went through the wizard again after I rebooted (exited SageTV cleanly before rebooting). Fortunately my video sources and channel lineups where still there.

I have to say I am getting VERY frustraated with Sage losing my settings all the time. In the last month I have re-installed from scratch to try and resolve stability issues on a number of occasions. Haven't updated drivers or anything else. I have even re-installed completely from scratch, i.e. without re-using sage.properties and/or wiz.bin and still have issues with stability and losing settings. The underlying sage.properties/wiz.bin database system seems to be very delicate.

Whil Sage has got the best, cleanest interface and best scheduling options, the WAF is at an all time low. .
I just had the same problem while watching a show on my MVP, got the unable to access file system. When I checked the file I was watching, it was split in 2, one file was about 30 minutes worth, the other was a 0 byte file, and there is NO space left free on the drive. I've had this happen tonight on 2 seperate shows, Supernatural (which I was watching), and American Idol (which I'll now have to get elsewhere), the latter of which knocked WAF about as low as you can go. I believe there is some sort of problem with Sage's storage management in the 4.1.6 version, as I've NEVER had to clear off room for a recording before...