SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

24 Hour Clock

There was a thread a while back that never seemed to get resolved. Anyone have any advice?

I live in the U.S. and have my regional settings set to US. I changed the time format to 24 hours (I dont own any 12 hour clocks. Stupid system!!!) Anyway, I heard that sage was supposed to automatically adjust, but it is still displaying in 12 hour format.

Is this a bug that will be fixed soon? or is there a simple line i can just stick in a preference file to force it to go 24 hour?

I know it sounds bad but that is a very important feature to me

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

You have to change the standards and formats in the Windows Control Panel regional settings...

I just changed it to English (US) and back to German (Germany) and the display in Sage changed to AM/PM format and back to 24 hours format. You need to restart Sage, of course.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have changed the Date format. My windows machine is in 24 hour format and has been for some time. all other applications use the 24 hour system. Its SAGE that will not run 24.. I should not have to switch the entire system to european in order to get 24 hour. It just doesnt make sense.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Oh, I understand. But how did you change your clock to 24-hours format, then? I mean, without changing the whole "standards and formats" in the control panel?
Old 01-17-2006, 02:19 PM

This is a configuration setting for SageMC. I think all I did was otionally change all strings "ClockFormat$" to ClockFormat24$" in Studio. I think that is what I did. If you search for that in studio you may find it.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 01-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Oh without changing the entire regional settings, just click the time tab and change to HH:mm:ss. No need to change countries.

Though unlike every other program i own, sage doesnt seem smart enough to follow that

Old 01-18-2006, 12:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Did a test. Set my regional settings to english (UK) and sage did convert to 24 hour. When placing back to english (US) and adjusting the time to 24 hours, sage refuses to use the proper time system

Could we please fix this bug. Just because we live in the US doesnt mean we have to use their awful 12 hour time system THink about the poor military guys!

Old 03-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Sage User

sorry to relive an old post but i have tried what said in here and nothing any other solutions?
Old 08-22-2006, 05:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have just reinstalled windows xp and a fresh copy of sage 5.04.

My sage clock is stuck on 24hr time.

I have tried everything in this thread to bring the time back to 12hr but to no avail.

My windows system clock is set to 12hr time

How do I change sage back to 12hr time?
Old 08-22-2006, 05:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry guys, got it working.

I did have my regional settings set to English Australia and that seemed to bring up the 24hr clock in sage.

I adjusted the regional settings to English U.S and then I had to restart sage and that put the clock back to 12hr.

Hope this helps others.

regards.