SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 01-16-2006, 03:42 AM
Sage User

tvtv EPG display customization

Hi,

I have a question, is it possible to custom the way the EPG information are displayed when looking at the details of a show.

I use tvtv and only a part of the show description, the year of production and the category are displayed. I want to have the full description, the actors and other metadata. Also, on the tvtv website a picture of the show is displayed, I don't know if this picture (or picture url) is included in the tvtv streams but if it is the case, I want to display it.

So, is it possible to customize the way EPG info are displayed, and where can I find a specification of the tvtv stream ?

Thanks

SageTV 4.1.12.84, overlay renderer, WinDVD 6 decoder
Old 01-16-2006, 04:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelis
I use tvtv and only a part of the show description, the year of production and the category are displayed. I want to have the full description, the actors and other metadata.
If TVTV was sending that information to Sage, then it would be displayed! TVTV seem give different information to Sage than they have on their website (I have also seen missing epsiode names).
You should report this as a bug to Sage so that they can pass it on to TVTV.
Quote:
Also, on the tvtv website a picture of the show is displayed, I don't know if this picture (or picture url) is included in the tvtv streams but if it is the case, I want to display it.
It is either not sent (most likely) or it is not in the information that is accessible through the Sage API, so cannot be displayed.
Quote:
and where can I find a specification of the tvtv stream ?
This is likely to be a trade secret...
Old 01-18-2006, 02:07 AM
Sage User

Quote:
If TVTV was sending that information to Sage, then it would be displayed! TVTV seem give different information to Sage than they have on their website (I have also seen missing epsiode names).
You should report this as a bug to Sage so that they can pass it on to TVTV.
I don't know, because actors name are not displayed, but if I search a movie by actor name, SageTV find it ...

Quote:
It is either not sent (most likely) or it is not in the information that is accessible through the Sage API, so cannot be displayed.
I can understand they don't embed pictures into the stream, but they should at most provide an URL where we can get the image from SageTV.

Quote:
This is likely to be a trade secret...
If they don't want to publish the specs, they should expose a Java object that hold all the loaded data.

Thanks for the reply Nielm :-)

I will try to mail SageTV and tvtv to get more info, who's know maybe they will answer ;-)

SageTV 4.1.12.84, overlay renderer, WinDVD 6 decoder