SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Sage User

Error in SageTV EPG - new Stargate airings listed as rerun

Hi,

In the past I've seen several airings that showed up as "FirstRun" when they were reruns, but that didn't matter much.

Now things have taken a turn for the worse ... I have a showing in my EPG for Stargate Atlantis this coming Friday that shows up as "ReRun" althoug it is a new episode ... and looking at the EPG .. the same is true for the next week's episode.

How do we correct this ?

Basset
Old 01-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Administrator

That would be covered in this FAQ; you would have to ask SageTV to bring it up with the data provider.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Sage User

Guess I have to read the FAQ's before posting

Thanks Opus

Basset
Old 01-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Recording warning: Stargate Atlantis

I'm not sure if this is hitting anyone else, but SG:A tomorrow is listed as a re-run in my guide, and won't be recorded since I only catch 1st runs.

This listing is in error. Check your schedules, everyone.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Not for me, it's scheduled as normal (First Run). Thanks for the heads up though just in case

-edit

Looked at the wrong SG, Atlantis is listed as a rerun, but mine's scheduled.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hmm, is that why SG wasn't recorded last week but SG:A was? I need to check the server when I get home.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menehune
Hmm, is that why SG wasn't recorded last week but SG:A was? I need to check the server when I get home.
First off, Opus - sorry for starting another thread on this - thanks for consolidating it. I thought you had deleted it at first - I _never_ look in the EPG forum.

Menehune, last week my system recorded all the Stargates and BSG without any trouble.

The odd thing is that I thought that the guides came from a unified source (TMS/Zap2it), and that the local affiliates/retransmitters of SciFi had no impact on the schedule - SciFi's listings should come from SciFi, and thus the 1st run/re-run flags should be the same across all outlets. I can understand the WB/UPN/ABC/etc. listings getting screwed up, since the local affils have much more programming control, and have to provide the correct listings to TMS.

It just seems odd that the listings for SciFi would be inconsistant - kind of like HBO being wrong in some areas. Maybe I misunderstand how the listings work, and the local affils have more control over them than I thought.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Looked at the wrong SG, Atlantis is listed as a rerun, but mine's scheduled.
I think the reason it may be showing up as a rerun (although I agree it should not) is that somewhere (UK or CA maybe?), SG:Atlantis started running new shows several weeks ago. They have already broadcast the first seven shows of the second half of the season, and Sci-Fi is only on the second one.

Note that the original air date shows as November 28, 2005.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by src666
First off, Opus - thanks for consolidating it. I thought you had deleted it at first - I _never_ look in the EPG forum.
heh... nah, I wouldn't delete stuff like this... I just move things & don't PM people, partly because I'm too lazy to PM all the time & partly because I figure it is easy enough to find via the New Posts option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperry
I think the reason it may be showing up as a rerun (although I agree it should not) is that somewhere (UK or CA maybe?), SG:Atlantis started running new shows several weeks ago. They have already broadcast the first seven shows of the second half of the season, and Sci-Fi is only on the second one.

Note that the original air date shows as November 28, 2005.
Oh! So _that's_ why I saw an older original air date on the show. So much for these shows being current events documentaries... if they were previsouly aired elsewhere quite a while back, that means the world was already saved last fall.

I tend to keep ReRun favs for shows for this type of stuff, just in case. I believe we've all noticed that the EPG data providers aren't 100% accurate all the time.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Sage Expert

The nice thing (for me) is that I may (or may not) have seen all these episodes already myself...
Old 01-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperry
I may (or may not) have seen all these episodes already
OK, so this is for a different series, but I always think that exact thing to myself every time I watch a 'new' episode of Lost.

- Andy
Old 01-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Stargate Atlantis showing up as reruns

Did anyone notice that Stargate Atlantis is showing up as reruns? I would have missed it had a friend not called to tell me his wasn't recording. I noticed next week's episode is the same way.

* merged *
Old 01-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Sage Expert

I also posted this in another thread, but I think that these are showing as reruns because they have already aired in some other part of the world (UK or CA I think). Now, these shows are new for the US, so I think it should show as new, and the first of the second-half shows did show as new, so I may be totally full of it...

Anyhow, you might want to change your favorite to record both first runs and reruns so that it will pick these shows up.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

I made a post (feature request) in the customization forum that might serve as a method to catch some of these inconsistancies. It would be nice to have some utility in Sage to email a list of upcoming recordings. I won't go into all the dribble I wrote so here is the link

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15500
Old 01-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Sage User

FYI that the same issue exists for this weeks show also. I've e-mailed with the needed info, but for anyone who is a fan, make sure to manually record.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by code0
FYI that the same issue exists for this weeks show also. I've e-mailed with the needed info, but for anyone who is a fan, make sure to manually record.
Either that, or change the favorite to record "First Runs and Reruns" instead of "First Runs" only.