SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-26-2005, 07:42 AM
Sage Expert

Funky (technically speaking) SVid line drop behavior

I just hooked my MVP up to my set via SVid and using the default STV. It drops the signal when starting and stopping playback (not pause).

A data point: The behavior was very common on 'black scenes' until I turned on video orbit duration=1 (which helped some) and then adjusted the overscan correction to better fill in the screen (push the red arrows to the very edge of the visible display).

FWIW, it's the same SVid connection that my D10 uses and it doesn't cut out like that....

Other than that weirdness, the MVP runs great
Old 12-28-2005, 08:04 AM
Sage Expert

To stop the signal not detected bit (very bad when the screen saver appears) I had to wire the composite video input (in addition to the SVid) ... perhaps it's a bad SVid port.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Sage Expert

Ok, 2 MVPs doing it ... I don't think it's a problem with my MVPs or the TV. I had to switch to composite video (which ... sucks.)

Will submit a bug report.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to MrApollinax Send a message via AIM to MrApollinax
I've hooked my MVP into my DVD player via S-Video and I'm not seeing this issue. I have a rev. D3A MVP hooked into my Go-Video VR3840 which in turn hooks into my TV via Component Video. What exactly do you mean by "drops signal?" Video out or Ethernet?
Old 01-02-2006, 12:39 PM
Sage Expert

the SVid drops signal ... usually in scenes with a lot of black (was watching Monk last night on the Secret Santa episode and it was dropping like mad during the opening ... dark .... scene.)

Composite works fine (except looks really bad) ... new cables, etc. FWIW the TV doesn't do it with the D10-100 STB -- not easy to trouble shoot.

Mine are both rev 1.0 boxes ... 1 has <5 hrs on it and the other has <20 -- virgin units from CC sale
Old 01-02-2006, 01:42 PM
SageTVaholic

I am seeing this too. Just filed a bug report. Hopefully there is a way they can leave the SVid active unless you put the thing into stand-by.

B
Old 01-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Sage

Turn off video orbiting duration for the MVP. It might not be available in the UI, but if you have it configured on your main system the property would then default to that for an MVP client. So try turning it off on the server and see if it fixes the MVP. If it does; then please submit a bug report on it.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Turn off video orbiting duration for the MVP. It might not be available in the UI, but if you have it configured on your main system the property would then default to that for an MVP client. So try turning it off on the server and see if it fixes the MVP. If it does; then please submit a bug report on it.
Hi there,

I am new to Sage, so please bear with me. I looked in sagetv\clients\[mac].properties and did not see the option there. Where should I look to set that?

Thanks,

B
Old 01-03-2006, 05:08 AM
SageTVaholic

I think Narflex means changing it for the server. If that's the case open the UI on the server. Go to Detailed Settings and look in the Advanced Settings.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Sage Expert

Actually when I swapped MVPs I had to recreate a profile ... no orbit on its' profile or the server profile. Will check tonight IRT the bin update.