SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Switching off 'new drive detection' feature

Hi all,

For a few weeks now i have wondered how to switch off the feature that sagetv detects newly found disks to import video from.
I have this external drive i use for all kinds of stuff, but never for Sagetv... Whenever i connect it to the computer it makes a drive letter and sagetv detects that. While my wife is watching through the MVP downstairs, a pop-up will come to ask what to do with this new drive and if stuff needs to be imported.
Lot's of people will like that funtionality, but i don't. That external drive will never be used for sagetv and so i want to switch off that feature.
Is that possible? I can't find it in de manual, but, off course, i might be overlooking an obvious menu item :s

Henk99
XP Pro SP2, SageTV v5.02.90, Athlon XP 3000+ (FSB 333 MHz), 2GB DDR RAM PC3200, 36 GB Western Digital Raptor, 200 GB Western Digital harddrive, Asus Radeon 9600 XTR, Plextor PX-708 8x DVD-/+RW, Pioneer 120S 48x CD-RW, PVR 150 MCE (2). Hauppauge MVP.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

I hate that crap too. It happens every darn time I insert my USB keys, which just so happens to be many, many times a day. Please, give us the option. I'll search the manual as well and post it here if I come across the explanation.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Addendum: I searched the manual and nothing. It just says “oh this is a wonderful new feature and it’s so innovative and here is a screen shot and it can do this and this and that for you” but no mention on how to disable it. Damn.

Anyone?
Old 12-24-2005, 10:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by henk99
Hi all,

For a few weeks now i have wondered how to switch off the feature that sagetv detects newly found disks to import video from.
I have this external drive i use for all kinds of stuff, but never for Sagetv... Whenever i connect it to the computer it makes a drive letter and sagetv detects that. While my wife is watching through the MVP downstairs, a pop-up will come to ask what to do with this new drive and if stuff needs to be imported.
Lot's of people will like that funtionality, but i don't. That external drive will never be used for sagetv and so i want to switch off that feature.
Is that possible? I can't find it in de manual, but, off course, i might be overlooking an obvious menu item :s

Henk99

Hi all,

Is there anyone who can help me with this? Or is it simply not possible to switch it off?

Cheers,
Henk99
XP Pro SP2, SageTV v5.02.90, Athlon XP 3000+ (FSB 333 MHz), 2GB DDR RAM PC3200, 36 GB Western Digital Raptor, 200 GB Western Digital harddrive, Asus Radeon 9600 XTR, Plextor PX-708 8x DVD-/+RW, Pioneer 120S 48x CD-RW, PVR 150 MCE (2). Hauppauge MVP.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

henk99, it doesn't appear possible yet.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:08 PM
SageTVaholic

• in Sage, Start Studio (CTRL-SHIFT-F12)
  • in the studio window, press the 't' key -- this should scroll the list to items beginning with 't'
  • a little bit above where you are should be a line called 'StorageDeviceAdded'. Highlight it
    (Screenshot 1)
  • Right-click it, and select New Child -> Conditional.
    (screenshot 2)
  • This should create a new child widget IF, and highlight it in edit mode.
    (screenshot 3)
  • Type in 'false' (without quotes) and hit enter
    (screenshot 4)
  • Select the action "This here hook will pop up an Options Menu when a new drive is detected" (3 lines up)
  • Do Edit -> Copy
    (screenshot 5)
  • Select the newly created IF false item (3 lines down)
  • Do Edit -> Paste Reference
    (Screenshot 6)
  • You should now have an italic "This here hook..." line added to the 'IF' widget, and the original one (3 lines up will be bolded
  • Select the bolded one 3 lines up, and do Edit->Delete
    (screenhot 7)
  • This will leave you with a single "This here hook" as a child of the newly added IF false.
  • File->Save as (some file name).
Thats it, no more drive added popups

Hold Down CTRL+SHIFT and drag the selected action onto the IF false -- this will move it to the IF branch, which is always false, so will never get run!
File->Save As "My Custom STV"

Thats it!

Last edited by nielm; 02-01-2006 at 03:26 AM.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
In studio, search for 'StorageDeviceAdded'
Expand it.
Add an IF to it.
set the value of the IF to 'false' (highlight it, hit f2, type false, enter
Select the action "This here hook will pop up an Options Menu when a new drive is detected"

Hold Down CTRL+SHIFT and drag the selected action onto the IF false -- this will move it to the IF branch, which is always false, so will never get run!
How do I open Sage Studio? I've never seen it for download on website. All I ever found was FAQ PDF. And why do I have to modify SageTV and possibly affect its stability to even turn this on?

Last edited by Outvit; 12-24-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Alright, I finally found out how after searching the forums for what seemed like 30 minutes. CTRL + SHIFT + F12 is how you start SageTV Studio, you have to be inside the main SageTV, not a client apparently. After reading nielms post on how to disable it and following the directions exactly I closed SageTV down completely and restarted it and then inserted a USB Key and well it still appears. What gives!
Old 12-24-2005, 01:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Save As.

The default SageTV3 is read-only, so the changes are probably not saved.
Note you hardly ever need to restart Sage for Studio changes to take effect.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Save As.

The default SageTV3 is read-only, so the changes are probably not saved.
Note you hardly ever need to restart Sage for Studio changes to take effect.
You were saying?

Still doesn't work. Check screen shots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cap-12-24-2005-12.36.54 PM.jpg (94.0 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg Cap-12-24-2005-12.37.24 PM.jpg (173.0 KB, 260 views)
Old 12-25-2005, 09:36 AM
SageTVaholic

you didn't add an IF widget -- you added an action...
The IF widget is directly below the action widget (spanner/wrench) in the widget bar on the left
Old 12-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
you didn't add an IF widget -- you added an action...
The IF widget is directly below the action widget (spanner/wrench) in the widget bar on the left
Thank you. I changed it to an IF statement and it works now. I just hate that I had to do that to disable something that should have had the option to turn On/Off from the start!
Old 12-25-2005, 04:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

I feel like a complete idiot, but i can only get as far as opening studio

Inside studio i can find this 'storage device added' but all you are saying after that is mumbo jumbo to me.
I need some more guidance here......sorry

Henk99
Old 02-01-2006, 03:14 AM
SageTVaholic

I have edited the above post to include more detailed instructions with images... hope this helps...

(Placeholder post for attached images used above)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (33.9 KB, 342 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (44.4 KB, 337 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (45.3 KB, 350 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (44.9 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (43.8 KB, 332 views)
Old 02-01-2006, 03:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Placeholder post 2 for attached images
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (42.1 KB, 339 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (48.5 KB, 343 views)