SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 12-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

2 sources today equals a messed up guide

I noticed today that all of the sudden I have cable channels with "dt" at the end of the name along with the same channels without the "dt". What the heck is the "dt"?

Also have a problem with the lineup now. I use 4 tuners with 2 different sources. 3 are hooked to DirecTV, and one is hooked to cable. My sat boxes receive locals in the 900 range. Up until this guide update the EPG would only use the 900 numbers. Even for the cable source which uses the 4,5,6, type of range. The 4,5,6, type channels showed up in the guide as 900's. This was fine. Now I have both the 4,5,6, type numbers, and the 900 numbers. I missed Survivor tonight because Sage recorded it on 9, instead of 964. I have a really nice 1 hour long recording of "Station not available" I have gone and checked the channel setups for both sources and the Directv channels do not include the 4,5,6, stuff. The cable lineup does. Has anyone else seen this lately? The EPG used to do a great job of mapping channels on it's own but not after the latest guide update.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

After looking a little harder I have found that it is the Directv side of the guide causing the problem. Even though I do not have channels under 10 enabled for the sat boxes the guide is still showing them. I disabled the same channels in the cable lineup and the under 10 channels still show up.

Never saw this before until tonight..
Old 12-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Sage User

I've got the same problem. Been working fine until I upgraded hauppauge driver and reinstalled sage4 to try to solve an audio issue on one card.

My locals are in the 900's so I disabled all others, however for a few channels the 900's show no data but the data appears on channels below 10. Problem is channels below 10 don't tune with on my direcTV box....can't get rid of them !!
Old 12-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

All of mine except channel 7 have finally gone away. Channel 7 seems to be stuck there forever. Ended up changing my favorites from "Any" to the specific channel so it would not record anything on channel 7. I e-mailed tech support and they asked for a bunch of things which I sent. Hopefully I will hear something that says how to make it go away..

Randy