SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
On further investigation it seems to be for my DRM'd wma's.
I should have read all your posts before responding.

Hmm... its ONLY those files? What about non-DRM'd wma files? I'm curious because I don't actually treat the file differently if its DRM'd or not (but presumably Winamp does).

Some questions:

1) If you play the same file directly from Winamp (ie: not through sage) does it work fine?

2) If you could download DebugView from http://www.sysinternals.com/Files/DebugViewNt.zip and start it up and then allow a music file to play through the plugin and send me the log I should be able to see whats going on.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Also, while I am integrating with with SageMC, I noticed soomething missing from your instructions.

There is a second way to get to the Visualization. The Now Playing icon can be clicked and if the current menu is the Playlist Details menu it goes to the visualization.
Ah, I'll have to correct the documentation for that. I'm pretty new to the Sage music module and each STV handles in differently.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria
I should have read all your posts before responding.

Hmm... its ONLY those files? What about non-DRM'd wma files? I'm curious because I don't actually treat the file differently if its DRM'd or not (but presumably Winamp does).

Some questions:

1) If you play the same file directly from Winamp (ie: not through sage) does it work fine?

2) If you could download DebugView from http://www.sysinternals.com/Files/DebugViewNt.zip and start it up and then allow a music file to play through the plugin and send me the log I should be able to see whats going on.
Winamp plays the file fine. I will get a debug log for you.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:52 PM

Sent you the log in email. For just a couple seconds of playback the log was too big to upload in the forum - even compressed .
Old 12-02-2005, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Ah, I'll have to correct the documentation for that. I'm pretty new to the Sage music module and each STV handles in differently.
FYI, this is working so well, I am putting out a dev build with it integrated fully today. So you can just reference that.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yes this happens in any STV. I don't have any normal wma's to test so far, just my Napster ones. MP3's work great though. No recordings going on.
Strange. I have some WMA files that I accidentally created when ripping a cd, and they seem to work fine for me.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
FYI, this is working so well, I am putting out a dev build with it integrated fully today. So you can just reference that.
Cool. I'll update the documentation once its out.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Sent you the log in email. For just a couple seconds of playback the log was too big to upload in the forum - even compressed .
Well, looking at the log I see two interesting things:

1) This message appears (and its not from me):

00000029 0.77653974 [2788] **********************************************************************************************
00000030 0.77653974 [2788] This breakpoint is By Design. You are accessing DRM protected content while running a debugger.
00000031 0.77653974 [2788] If you are using Windows Media Player to copy music from a CD, disable DRM protection in the player. Tools menu,
00000032 0.77653974 [2788] Options. Look at the Copy Music window pane and unckeck the Copy protected music box.
00000033 0.77653974 [2788] You will also see this problem if you have the /DEBUG switch enabled in your boot.ini file.
00000034 0.77653974 [2788] **********************************************************************************************

Is process 2788 on your system Winamp?

The second interesting thing is that the getState() function is getting absolutely -hammered- with requests during the 5-10 second period that it was running. If I had to guess, I would say that SageTV is calling getState() or the playback time elapsed/duration and not getting the result that it expects because of the DRM -- and then trying again immediately.

The problem isn't helped by all the trace messages that I have in the module (from tracking down the playlist issue) because those certainly slow things down. I'll recompile without the trace messages and send you (by email) a new .dll you can try.

If you put two of the DRM'd files into a playlist and play them back, does it properly switch from one to another?
Old 12-02-2005, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Ah, another case of DRM making life easier
Old 12-02-2005, 03:34 PM
Sage Icon

I got everything working correctly (using mlbdude's latest development STV, which includes support for this plugin), however, after stopping playback, I can't ever get visualization to come back...
Old 12-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
dude. you did it. Finally the only reason I used meedio has been taken care of. Thanks!
Old 12-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for putting this together. Music seems to play fine though winamp, but I am having trouble getting the visualizations which is what I am siked for! Milkdrop is going to be great.

When running in FSE mode, I cannot get the visualizations to work at all. Even when I minimize sageTV and try to get the visualization to work though winamp, I get an error regarding video memery and such. I think it has more to do with FSE than my card (6600GT) or your add on. Hopefully between everyone we will be able to get this working as FSE provides the best video playback for me and others.

When not in FSE, while the visualizations work great though winAMP (sage minimized). I can not get them to start though sageTV. I am not using a client, this is on my main machine. It just goes to the default sageTV visualization if you can call it that...

Any help would be appreciated and thanks for putting this together!
Old 12-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Would it matter if I did not add all the extensions to seeker/music_library_import_filename_extensions? As far as the above problem with visualizations?

Thanks
Old 12-03-2005, 06:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchacho
Would it matter if I did not add all the extensions to seeker/music_library_import_filename_extensions? As far as the above problem with visualizations?

Thanks
No-but did you do this?

Visualization Support
==============

If you want visualizations (at all) you will need to make a minor (easy) change to your .STV file (detailed below). If you do not intend to use visualizations, you can skip this section. The normal "now playing" screen will continue to work fine (except there will be no visualization shown).

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am using the latest sageMCE and figured that I dident need to do anything. Looking closely I missed the mlbdude/use_winamp_plugin=true part, so I am pretty sure that is why I could not get them working. I will have to check if that fixes the FSE problem.

Thanks for the help!
Old 12-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Sage Fanatic

i just can't get the vizualizations to run in sagemc without getting memory errors using milkdrop or layer render errors with geiss2? i am using FSE and haven't tried disabling it yet.

any other ideas?

ps. the music playback works freakin' awesome though!!!
Old 12-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Sage Fanatic

update:

unsurprisingly the errors go away when you disable FSE.....bummer!!!!

any ideas how we can get both to play nicely?
Old 12-03-2005, 10:28 AM

FSE should not work since the visualizations need DX9 and Sage is using it exclusively. And, um, yeah, err, I updated the SageMC post with that property you need to enable this morning . Sorry.

I am thinking of doing something fun for a screensaver/current song display since I can't use this with FSE myself. Playback wise, it works great. Just wish it would work with my Napster subscription wma's .
Old 12-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Regarding FSE: There is very little that I can do about that. Normally when a D3D application is running in exclusive mode, and another application requests exclusive mode, the first will be minimized. If a D3D application is running in exclusive mode and another requests non-exclusive mode, though, its request will simply be denied. As a test, try entering windowed mode in SageTV (if it will let you while the FSE flag is active) and then starting the visualization. Let me know if that works for you. If it does, I support I could add a check in the STV that checks the mode and then switches from full-screen to windowed and back again before and after the visualization. I'm getting ahead of myself, though. FIrst, let me know if what I suggested even works for you.

Regarding DRM WMA: I'm still thinking about what I can do about this. The problem is that getState() (one of the functions that I have to implement in order to act as a MediaPlayer) is getting called many, many, many times every second while a DRM track is playing. This is going to be hard for me to track down because I have no content that is DRM'd and off the top of my head can't think of any way to get any.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Regarding FSE: There is very little that I can do about that. Normally when a D3D application is running in exclusive mode, and another application requests exclusive mode, the first will be minimized. If a D3D application is running in exclusive mode and another requests non-exclusive mode, though, its request will simply be denied. As a test, try entering windowed mode in SageTV (if it will let you while the FSE flag is active) and then starting the visualization. Let me know if that works for you. If it does, I support I could add a check in the STV that checks the mode and then switches from full-screen to windowed and back again before and after the visualization. I'm getting ahead of myself, though. FIrst, let me know if what I suggested even works for you.

Regarding DRM WMA: I'm still thinking about what I can do about this. The problem is that getState() (one of the functions that I have to implement in order to act as a MediaPlayer) is getting called many, many, many times every second while a DRM track is playing. This is going to be hard for me to track down because I have no content that is DRM'd and off the top of my head can't think of any way to get any.
I think the only way you could get some would be to sign up for a Napster or Yahoo Music trial.