SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 11-20-2005, 10:34 PM
Sage Expert

Information about embedding web browser

Here is an excerpt from the Sage TV Studio site "Ability to embed a Web browser in SageTV to access web interfaces"

I haven't found any information in the Studio manual about this. Could someone point me to where this info is? Basically, can I embed a browser in Sage in a fashion similar to what can be done in Windows with IE?
Old 11-21-2005, 01:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jominor
Here is an excerpt from the Sage TV Studio site "Ability to embed a Web browser in SageTV to access web interfaces"

I haven't found any information in the Studio manual about this. Could someone point me to where this info is? Basically, can I embed a browser in Sage in a fashion similar to what can be done in Windows with IE?
yes, but it does not work very well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
This works in the current version of the Studio you all have:

Here's how to do an embedded browser in SageTV:

1. Create the embedded WebBrowser object (this is an ActiveX control underneath):
AddGlobalContext("Browser", new_org_jdesktop_jdic_browser_WebBrowser(new_java_net_URL("http://yahoo.com")))

2. Add the browser to the 'embedded panel' in the SageTV UI:

java_awt_Panel_add(GetEmbeddedPanel(), Browser)

3. Make the embedded panel visible:

java_awt_Component_setVisible(GetEmbeddedPanel(), true)

(you can hide it the same way).

Then if you want to do anything to the browser (like set the URL, etc.). Here's the API for it:
https://jdic.dev.java.net/nonav/docu...ebBrowser.html

Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
When I restart Sage, I get: a popup window from MozEmbed.exe saying 'cannot find nspr4.dll'

Some searching reveals nspr4.dll in SageTv/ielib...
Moving it to SageTV directory gets rid of the popup error...

(Possible bug#1? Wrong install path? Incorrect internal search path?)

Now I get no popup and loads of more sensible Jtrace in logging, but, only a blue screen until I resize, and Magic, one web browser!

How do I avoid that resize, or is it another bug?

Another problem... If I go into another menu and come back, the browser panel is blank (black) and cannot be recovered... Any hints?

Related question: If I wanted to add Studio controls as a header on the browser window I could call SetSize on the EmbeddedPanel + BrowserPanel, exposing some of the Sage UI... But any resize re-sizes the EmbeddedPanel -- how can I catch that resize?

(attached test... will expose menu 5 and 10 seconds after the menu is loaded -- make sure to resize the window before then)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Yeah....there's some issues with it. That's why we haven't used it yet. The really nasty part is dealing with keyboard focus and routing events.
Attached Files
File Type: stv browser.stv (1.6 KB, 342 views)