SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Strange V4 behavior

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I recently upgraded to Version 4. Ever since I have noticed that while watching live tv that Sage is hitting my Sat boxes with the channel change info every time a show ends. I have watched it do this even though it is recording nothing and I have not changed to a different channel. I know it is doing it because the channel info from the sat box shows up on the tv and I get a pause like when it is starting a recording. I don't remember ever seeing Sage do this before with any of the previous versions. It would not be a big deal except sometimes when it does it I will lose audio on the channel, or it might even act like I hit a slow motion button. To correct it I have to exit back to the main menu, pick a different channel in the guide, and then switch back to what I was watching. The show will then play ok again.

Funny thing is that I don't think it sends the channel info every time but more so when it starts to record something on a different channel. Haven't had it screw up recordings so far, just messes with what you are watching. If it keeps it up I may have to move back to the version 3 beta that never did it..
Old 11-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Administrator

If this didn't happen in prior versions, then I'm guessing you customized your properties file to turn it off & then when you installed v4, you started with a fresh properties file to reconfigure everything.

Anyway... that is controlled by the mmc/always_tune_channel property, but in v4 you can change it in Detailed Setup -> Customize. Look for the "Always tune channel" option.

BTW: when watching live tv, you are recording the show. What you are seeing is the result of changing to record a new show & having SageTV send the channel change request every time a new recording starts.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Opus.. I had forgotten about that option and though I never have messed with it I looked and it was enabled. I do understand that even just watching is recording, and that is one of the features that I like about Sage the most. I just meant that it wasn't recording something I had asked it to, just watching tv.

Just out of curiosity... Why would you want to have Sage tune the channel always??

Anyway, I love this forum.. Can bang your head for hours and someone always seems to be able to help..

Thanks again, Randy
Old 11-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Did some reading.. Answered my own question. Makes sense I suppose to always tune the channel if you have little kids, a psycho dog, or a cable/sat box with a mind of it's own. Could see how recordings could get missed.. Luckily I have none of the above, except for the psycho dog. I haven't taught him how to change the channel yet though so I should be safe

Thanks..