SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Delete A Movie?

How come when i delete a movie from within Sage, it does delete the file but not the DIR? I hate having to go through explorer every once in a while over the network to do house cleaning like this.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Sage Icon

Well I have a folder structure that contains my movie collection which is used as an import library. Under Action and Adventure I have over 250 movies. If I go into Sage to delete one of them I do not want the whole folder (And the over 250+ movies) to be deleted. Maybe someone could add an option dialog box to the default STV asking if the folder should be deleted when deleting a file for you...?

Last edited by dvd_maniac; 11-08-2005 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Nope, not that scenario.... I have a movie directory called "TopGun" and in there is the *.avi file(s). I am done watching TopGun and when i tell it to delete it does it but the directory is still there. Keep in mind that my structure looks like this.

D:\Movies\Action\TopGun
D:\Movies\Action\Gone in 60sec
D:\Movies\Sports\blah blah....
Old 11-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Sage deletes files but is NOT a file management utiltity! Sage didn't create the directory you put the movie in, why expect Sage to delete it. Simple solution is to name the move avi file appropriately and not put it in it's own separate directory.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ahhh, got you. Didn't even think about that one. I will give that a try.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

My SageTV Questions

These are some questions i have regarding SageTV. Please bare with me if some of these are already documented.
Just so everyone knows i have ran Sage in standard skin and now i am using the Cayar17 stv module.

1) How do i queue/add up a movie to play list without having to drill into the movie directory and select each file to get info and then add it to the play list
2) In music, again how can i queue/add to the play list all the songs in a music directory without having to pick them one by one?
3) Is there a program or a way when sage is done recording show to automatically delete OUT the stupid commercials, thus reducing the file size?
Old 11-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenwesi
These are some questions i have regarding SageTV. Please bare with me if some of these are already documented.
Just so everyone knows i have ran Sage in standard skin and now i am using the Cayar17 stv module.

1) How do i queue/add up a movie to play list without having to drill into the movie directory and select each file to get info and then add it to the play list
Seems my answer is the same or similar to having a separate directory for each movie. Name the movie file so you know what it is! For example I might name a movie file something like Beauty Shop AC3 51 DVDrip.mpg (or avi etc) or Blade Trinity DTS DVDrip.xxx or Missing In Action TV (comcut).xxx. The last one to signify I've cut out the commericials from the TV recorded movie...
Quote:
2) In music, again how can i queue/add to the play list all the songs in a music directory without having to pick them one by one?
Don't know, I don't use Sage for music playback.
Quote:
3) Is there a program or a way when sage is done recording show to automatically delete OUT the stupid commercials, thus reducing the file size?
I use VideoRedo to physically cut commericals. Used to use mpeg vcr but though it's free VideoRedo is nicer to use. But that's not automatic. Some people have used methods relying on commericial detect markers to automatically deleted segments, however I'd NEVER rely on it. It's not accurate enough in my experience. Fine for markers for auto jumping commercials during playback, but seldom if ever 100% accurate.

Last edited by mdmint; 11-08-2005 at 02:48 PM.