SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-25-2005, 12:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Unhappy 3.0.11 Netowrk Shares

I have been unable to view network files in my library in either 3.0.7 or 3.0.11. I can browse to them fine and add them via the sage interface, but they will never find any files there. And without the network shares showing when mapped, I can no longer view any of my networked files. (Which, is a majority of my viewing). Any help?

Fuzzy
Old 09-25-2005, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Are you using service mode? If so, a service cannot access mapped drive letters. See the info starting at the the bottom of p. 15 in the PDF manual in your SageTV directory. Also make sure your sharing permissions are set properly for the user the service is running at when uinsg UNC paths.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:12 PM
SageTVaholic

I am using service mode, and I'm sure my UNC paths are as correct as they can be, since I'm using the sage browser to set them. It accepts the folders, adds them to the list, then never finds any files imports any files from them.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:19 PM
SageTVaholic

You know that by default the service cannot access network files unless it is run as a 'real' user. This probaby explains your problem...

Go through Windows service management (right click My Computer/manage/Services+apps/Services/SageTV and in the LogOn tab, set it to log on as a real user)
Old 09-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Administrator

And, as the above manual reference points out, once the service is configured to log in as a specific user, you also need to make sure that user has permission to access that network share. If the UI is a differnet user, it can easily be able to access the UNC paths while the service cannot.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.