SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-21-2005, 09:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

total reinstall results in total diaster - Stacking/Ghosting of menus?!

this cant be good - thanks to the other problems I was having all of a sudden, I wiped out Sage and everything Hauppage (uninstall, HWClear) and reinstalled it all. Now I have Sage Running, but its like the program is on crack. Take a look at the screenshot below. I am using a 350 video out as the computer has an AGP1 video card without tv out. I have never seen this before.

I did try and see if I could turn off Malore..but clicking on that button only lets me select malore, not select something other than him
Old 09-21-2005, 10:01 AM
SageTVaholic

search for ghosting... 4th result...
Old 09-21-2005, 10:21 AM
Sage Fanatic

Edit: After reading nielm's post I see the answer might be simpler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Look for & set the ui/background_image=Background.jpg property. I should have used a completely new name for that rather than an old one that had already been used (oops!) -- it is probably in your properties file set to a picture that was in v2's STV directory.

- Andy
If that doesn't work you can still read my original idea:

The lack of graphics makes me suspect that the image files are missing from the location of the STV file you're using. The location of the STV file that SageTV is using is found in the sage.properties file under the wizard/widget_db_file= setting. Go to this location and you should find some 50+ graphic files.

The SageTV V3 installer defaults to a different directory than the V2 installers, so depending on how you uninstalled and reinstalled, its possible that SageTV is now using a combination of the two folders.

Last edited by malore; 09-21-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi nielm,

this was the same sage.properties file I started off with - which does contain the correct line. Course now I have the problem where i restart, it comes up a totally blank screen.

So I just deleted the file and reinstalled Sage again. I now have a very generic resetup sage. Though if I do anything, the blasted thing crashes the system.

Wish I knew what happened. Everything was going great for the last month since the beta was installed. It handled the new HD without a glitch. Plug in a new keyboard and bam...the blasted thing is reduced a pile of scrap metal.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks malore!

Using your trick, I placed back my original prop file, edited all references to the old directory to the new and yay, I can see it! Much better now that my channels appear restored correctly!

Now to see if video actually records or plays again...the biggie.

OK, tried to play video, GONE! Sage autocloses. I give up. Time for me to worry about Rita (I'm in Houston TX) and my exams tomorrow. GUess this will be an all night reinstall and resetup from total scratch at this rate.

Last edited by alijiwani; 09-21-2005 at 10:38 AM.