SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-13-2005, 09:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

mlbdude...

what is the "TT advanced audio pack" and where do you get it?

thanks in advance...
Old 08-13-2005, 09:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Problems with 3.0.7

I tested tvtv again and was able to download epg data for all my channels. So far so good...

But:
The time offset was wrong. LiveTV Guide says a show begins at 4pm but it really starts at 6pm. What to do?

Opus: "Fixed several internationalization issues"

I still see 4pm instead of "16:00" as we like it in Germany.... Any ideas?

Oliver

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyJohnson
mlbdude...

what is the "TT advanced audio pack" and where do you get it?

thanks in advance...
http://store3.esellerate.net/store/c...R473523819&pc=

No guarantee the decoders will work with SageTV though. nVidia at one time decided only their OEMs would have access to this and would not sell it direct from their online store. Don't know if that is going to change in the future.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Sage Expert

Strothwell:

Even a +/- 10 second HDTV clip is about 30 MB as captured by Firewire from my STB. A bit too large for posting here me thinks but did not try.

DFA
Old 08-13-2005, 09:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

The first attempt to install 3.0.7 over the existing 3.0.5 caused the directory problems. Had to un-install 3.0.7 and then restore the 3.0.5 backup. The 2nd 3.0.7 install went fine.

Realizing Sage wants to be "Sage" and not "Frey", what's the best way to do a clean install of 3.0.7 to the Sage directory and still keep all the recordings ?

Ken C
Old 08-13-2005, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Same thing happened to me in version 3.0.5 for importing >2000 pictures as thumbnails. It would load and load for several minutes then get stuck indefinately. I'm a little scared to try it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
Bummer, still does not work at all for my machine. It does the same thing as beta 3.0.5, process for a while, then hang. This time the initial process time was about 10min as it went through my 3000+ mp3 files, then hung.

Off to file yet another bug report.

I'm truly bummed, I want to play with my A180 card!
Old 08-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Are you guys using SPDIF out? NVDVD will only send AC3 over that and not decode. Unless you have the TT advanced audio pack.
I am using SPDIF out. I just figured out how to use the NVidia decoders in Sage. The problem was in my NVidia decoder setup ( the newest decoder has a little icon in the task bar when it's being used, you can change the properties from there). For some reason when sage is playing you can't access the decoder setup. So I used Zoom player to modify the NVidia audio decoder setup. It was set to "computer speakers" I changed it to "Receiver" I also had to enable SPDIF output.
After that the audio works well in Sage using the Fusion 3 Gold....

-Jim
Old 08-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
re you guys using SPDIF out? NVDVD will only send AC3 over that and not decode. Unless you have the TT advanced audio pack.
How do I get that? I bought the decoder back in December for $20. I didn't know there was a TT advanced pack. Is that more money?
And, no, I don't have SPDIF out right now, just putting out Stereo

EDIT:

Ahhh Theatertek. $80!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Um, my $15 Sonic decoders for Audio seem a little smarter pricewise, hehe

Last edited by mikejaner; 08-13-2005 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:21 AM
Sage Expert

Kingjamez:

If in Sage you select the nVidia decoders by name, you will not see the tray icon when using Sage. On the other hand, if you choose "default" decoders in Sage and assuming nVidia are the system default decoders, the nVidia tray icon WILL show when Sage is up and playing a file.

Never understood or found an explanation for this behavior but seems consistent for everyone.

EDIT: One other nVidia tray icon quirk; if using TT (TheaterTek), TT disables the NV tray icon with a registery entry such that the icon is never seen under any circumstances with any player. I keep deleting the registery entry but every time TT has been used, the icon-disabling entry is replaced.

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 08-13-2005 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshapir
"Fixed several internationalization issues"

Opus4 - can you please explain what was fixed?
Sorry, I don't have complete details on that. For any specific issues you submitted, I would check them out & resubmit if the problems are still there.

BTW: The same goes for Hebrew support -- I don't know the status of that, so you could try emailing SageTV to see if there is an update on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owilsky
Opus: "Fixed several internationalization issues"

I still see 4pm instead of "16:00" as we like it in Germany.... Any ideas?
See above. But - which time display are you referring to? I thought most of that stuff changed automatically when you selected your country in the Configuration Wizard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C
The first attempt to install 3.0.7 over the existing 3.0.5 caused the directory problems. Had to un-install 3.0.7 and then restore the 3.0.5 backup. The 2nd 3.0.7 install went fine.

Realizing Sage wants to be "Sage" and not "Frey", what's the best way to do a clean install of 3.0.7 to the Sage directory and still keep all the recordings?
As I mentioned in the earlier discussion of this, the installer is _supposed_ to know where the previous version was installed & install itself there, as long as you don't uninstall the previous version before running the new installer. If you uninstall the previous version first, just remember to check the install dir during installation & make sure to point it to the old location. Since a couple people have mentioned problems with this already, I would double check the install dir even when you haven't uninstalled the old version first.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Sage Expert

Andy:

While true that most program installations detect previous install drive/path location if existing, it seems to me as I recall that Sage has not done this for me (or at least rarely) when upgrading. I never install anything in the default drive and path and hence always look closely at where a program intends to place itself, upgrade or not. Or maybe it is some other app. of mine I am thinking about; I know I have at least one that routinely does not detect previous installation location.

Anyway, the new default path is not so different from the old path such that a quick glance by us users may not be noticed that a new installation path is acutually going to used. And as you stated, the old installation in the original location is uninstalled and the new install ends up in a new location w/o the original "sage.properties" and "wiz.bin" not to mention that the "sage.properties" can't be just copied over since manually editing path statements within the file is then also first required.

I suspect something or other like this is going on. Any place you can give folks a heads up where it can't be missed in the process of getting the file?

DFA

Last edited by DFA; 08-13-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
See above. But - which time display are you referring to? I thought most of that stuff changed automatically when you selected your country in the Configuration Wizard.
I mean the time displayed in the LiveTV Guide and in the main menu. And I selected "Germany" in the Configuration Wizard. And I selected Germany in Windows' Coutry Settings... This worked fine in SageTV 2.2.8

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 01:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

As I mentioned in the earlier discussion of this, the installer is _supposed_ to know where the previous version was installed & install itself there, as long as you don't uninstall the previous version before running the new installer.
- Andy
The installer did that on the second pass.

Is there any way to install to the new Sage directory ? I would like to make a fresh installation, start from scratch. But, I want to keep the recordings. If not, can I run two instances of Sage ? The old one located under the Frey directory, just to access the current recordings. And a new one under the Sage directory ? I would stop all future recording in the Frey instance and eventually un-install it when there are no more saved recordings. The Sage directory instance would handle all the going forward stuff.

It just seems that installing under the Sage directory might eliminate future problems.

Ken C
Old 08-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm still having video rendering issues. I can sometimes get VMR9 and overlay working (seems to work more often when Sage is not in fullscreen mode). But it's not consistent.

I can get my Fusion 3 Gold setup, however it doesn't always tune to the correct channel. And after changing channels Sage will take up 100% CPU and I'll get the spinning icon for a few seconds. Normal CPU usage for HDTV is 50%.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Is there any way to install to the new Sage directory ? I would like to make a fresh installation, start from scratch. But, I want to keep the recordings. If not, can I run two instances of Sage ? The old one located under the Frey directory, just to access the current recordings. And a new one under the Sage directory ? I would stop all future recording in the Frey instance and eventually un-install it when there are no more saved recordings. The Sage directory instance would handle all the going forward stuff.
You could copy the old data/properties files to the new install directory, but you'll have to remember to edit the properties file & change any paths that point to the old location.

Depending on what customizations you have installed, if any, you may have to either install them again or possibly edit any configuration files.

Quote:
It just seems that installing under the Sage directory might eliminate future problems.
I must just be lucky... I've never installed SageTV to its default location on any of my PCs and never ran into a problem. But, since I'm used to installing to a non-standard location, I guess I'm also used to always checking the install path. The only times I remember having to set the path is on a PC where SageTV and SageTVClient are both installed, in separate locations. The installer always remembers where the last one was installed, so if the last install was for SageTV & I'm installing the Client, I have to change the dir to my client's location. (Note that I'm not saying no one else has run into a problem; I'm just commenting that it _shouldn't_ be a problem when it works correctly.)

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
You could copy the old data/properties files to the new install directory, but you'll have to remember to edit the properties file & change any paths that point to the old location.
- Andy
By data files, do you mean wiz.bin ? And property files, sage.property and sageclient.property ?

So, I'm gonna copy these files to a safe location, uninstall Sage, clean the registry, delete any old directories laying around, and start clean.

Run the 3.0.7 beta, copy the above mentioned files into the Sage directory, edit the property files for the new locations, and all should be ok ?

Ken C
Old 08-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
By data files, do you mean wiz.bin ? And property files, sage.property and sageclient.property ?
Yes, but...

Quote:
So, I'm gonna copy these files to a safe location, uninstall Sage, clean the registry, delete any old directories laying around, and start clean.
... I would simply make a backup copy of the entire directory in case you forget about something like the channel logos.

Quote:
Run the 3.0.7 beta, copy the above mentioned files into the Sage directory, edit the property files for the new locations, and all should be ok ?
_Should_ be ok, but that's why I suggested a complete backup copy of that dir -- just in case "should be ok" doesn't turn out to be true. (I'm very wary of deleting anything until I'm absolutely sure I don't need it.)

- Andy
Old 08-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi all,
totally new to Sage. Been using MyHD for some time, but I've been looking for a nice frontend, with a decent WAF.

Anyway, I'm trying to understand the state of the Fusion series ATSC card support.

From what I've seen in this thread, it looks like the Fusion Gold 5+ and the older 3T are supported.

Like others, my main question is whether the Fusion 5 Lite is/will be supported. My (admittedly vague) understanding was that the ATSC tuners were basically the same b/t the two cards, with the 5+ having NTSC support (which I don't care about).

Bottom line, if I'm looking for a multiple tuner in one box setup with the Fusion series, should I get two 5+ or could I get away with the 5 Lites?

Thanks for any insight and great community, btw.

cheers,
Dave
Old 08-13-2005, 03:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yes, but...

... I would simply make a backup copy of the entire directory in case you forget about something like the channel logos.

- Andy
I'm gonna make backups of backups !!

I will let you know how it works out.

Ken C
Old 08-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Backups are the most important thing because the installer will MUNG up the original directory. Just make at least one copy of the whole dir that you don't touch or point to no matter what.

There is a bug in the install no doubt about it. What ever state or configuration causes it to run afoul it makes a real mess. Without fixing it neither install will work for me.

I got mine up and running in the new Sage dir. You have to be VERY careful because for whatever reason the installer does NOT update all the files and I had to look at them one by one (file date). Be sure to edit BOTH property files before you start Sage. Just search for all the occurrences of Frey, most if not all are dir paths. I had my wiz.bin being saved in the old directory and at first thought I lost all my recordings.

peace . . .

Quote:
I'm gonna make backups of backups !!

I will let you know how it works out.

Ken C